Feeley Will be Fine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Will be Fine

Miami traded for Feeley before Andy Reid put the 1st round tag on him. They got clear indication that Patrick Ramsey ws not on the trading block and they knew the top 3 QB's in the draft would not be there for Miami at #20.

Andy Reid was quoted saying he would put the 1st round tag on Feeley.

I'm just waiting for the lights to go on so Feeley can show what he's made of.

There is no room on this board for that kind of optimism! I suggest you go back and rewrite it with a much more negative spin.

FinFan57 said:
I am always amazed how everybody gets so excited about hot college prospects, such as Rivers or Manning, who have never played a single pro game and then slam dunk a player like A.J. Feeley who has had excellent coaching at the professional level for 3 years and won 4 games in the NFL. I don't give a damn who he beat, he still played well enough to beat NFL teams. Let's also remember that not much was expected of AJ when he started those games. Basically, they just told him to not screw up. With the Dolphins, he will be given the full support and expectations of a starter - huge difference.

Bottom line - Feeley has what it takes to be successful in this league and has the weapons and coaching support (Trestman) to be effective. He just needs time and experience. As fans, we should support him the same way we would support, say Rivers if he was a Dolphin. In other words, he's going to screw up because you have to look at him as a Rookie, but he's got the talent to be a longtime QB for us. We should embrace him and give him a chance.
i agree he is like a rookie leaning a new system it's going to take time no doubt he will be fine!!!!!

FinFan57 said:
Perhaps no other current staff in the NFL can coach the quarterback position better than the Eagles.
Feeley steps into a new environment with Miami. So things will be different and there will be some growing pains perhaps.

While the author presents the first part above as a positive, I think this is may be a negative. It may be that Feeley played well at Philly b/c of the quality coaching he received AND b/c he fit with the style of the coaching (both in system and psychology).

The question is, will he play well under this coaching staff and this system? It could be they will not handle him as effectively.

Back
Top Bottom