feeley's deep ball? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

feeley's deep ball?

I will agree that the ball should be gone in 3.5 to 4 seconds for short to intermediate passes. 40 yard passes take longer to develop though unless it is a hailmary.You must also remember that the QB maynot throw to the first target he looks at, add a pump fake etc. All I want is 4.5 seconds lol!

As for does Feeley have the arm? I dont know. I havent seen anything to suggest that he does. Still though I say give him a chance to prove wether he does or not then we will all know for sure. I still stand by the fact though even if he does have the arm last years offnesive line wouldnt of let him use it!

Phishstix said:
realistically, the ball should be gone in the pocket within 3.5 to 4 seconds. plus, the qb throws it to where they are going to be, not where they are, so the 40 time thing is irrelevant. bottom line: he's not a mad bomber. he's a wco qb- he has outstanding arm strength on short to intermediate routes, but loses velocity on deep routes. he also has a mechanical flaw in that he throws the ball at about three-quarters, which probably contributes to velocity loss on deep throws. bates and co. began to tailor the offense to fit him at the end of the season, which is why he was averaging 6 ypc and not breaking 200 yards in 40 attempts. given linehan's penchant for the vertical game, i don't know if aj has the deep ball capability for his offense.

I am just hoping that Pennington's shoulder surgery keeps him out a while so we can face Jay. I want to see JT and Roth turn Fiedler into a dirt sandwich.

:roflmao:

Dolphination73 said:
Dude, did you actually watch that game against Baltimore or are you just making that MORONIC statement based on the stats you read for that game?? Sage barely threw that ball beyond 15 yards to a wide open Chambers who then ran 60+ yards for the TD! It's unbelieveable what people concoct to cement their hatred for Feeley!!!!:fire:

Beat me to it! I could have thrown it to Chambers -- he was that open.

My impersonation of Feeley in the pocket:

1 second
2 second
Sound of Feeley being crunched to the ground in the most horrific of ways.

It was sad watching the absolute lack of time and then watching NE games where Brady goes untouched a lot of the time for 5 seconds or more.

Try Option E...

rickysux said:
I know feeley has a good arm but why was there not any deep balls complete last year?

was it a) feeley did not have enough time to throw?
b)feeley did not have a running game and the safety stayed deep?
c) there was not many deep plays called?
d) feeley's arm is just not strong enough?

e) Feeley is afraid of throwing downfield because he is inaccurate.

Out of 356 attempts, Feeley only threw over 20 yards 23 times (6.5%). Of these shots, Feeley only completed 4 passes, none past 30 yards.

In comparison, Fiedler under the same system, threw longer than 20 yards 25 out of 190 times (13.2%). Fiedler completed 7 of the 25 passes.

To be fair, both QBs had poor offensive playcalling and little time to throw. However, AJ rarely even tried and does not have Fiedler's lack of arm strength as an excuse for incompletions.

This is perhaps my biggest disappointment with AJ. If the guy with the clear arm strength advantage trails Fiedler in the deep game, why exactly is this guy on the roster?

:shakeno:

He didn't have enough time to heave with the poor offensive line and the absent of a running game. Plain and simple.

Dolphan_B said:
e) Feeley is afraid of throwing downfield because he is inaccurate.

Out of 356 attempts, Feeley only threw over 20 yards 23 times (6.5%). Of these shots, Feeley only completed 4 passes, none past 30 yards.

In comparison, Fiedler under the same system, threw longer than 20 yards 25 out of 190 times (13.2%). Fiedler completed 7 of the 25 passes.

To be fair, both QBs had poor offensive playcalling and little time to throw. However, AJ rarely even tried and does not have Fiedler's lack of arm strength as an excuse for incompletions.

This is perhaps my biggest disappointment with AJ. If the guy with the clear arm strength advantage trails Fiedler in the deep game, why exactly is this guy on the roster?

:shakeno:

I don't understand it either. I've said several times that I don't think Fiedler is good enough. He's not horrible as many claim, but he isn't good enough to get us to the promised land. The problem I have is that I haven't seen or heard any convincing argument as to why AJ is better. When his supporters defend him all they ever say is that his arm is stronger (one of the least important and most overrated QB qualities) and that the line or team was bad. That isn't really a reason why he's better, but rather an excuse or explanation as to why he was soo bad.

i dont think the arm strength is the problem i think its the accuracy and the ability to read defences.......i think they'll work on it this offseason and with the new off. cordinator he'll be throwing alot more deep balls and alot better too

Feeley has gun for an arm, so that's not the issue. If you'll remember, during last season, Chambers complained that they had taken the deep routes out of the offense. They just didn't have the time to throw them.

He needs more time to read the defenses and get the ball out his longest pass was a 53 yarder and in 2002 he did connect on 3 over 40 yards he can throw it deep as long as he has the time

chambers84 said:
Fuuny thing was that Sage threw a deep ball the first game he started. It was a 70+ yarder to Chris Chambers. Feeley didn't complete a pass over 40 yards....why because he sucks!

That remark is bologna...

He didn't complete a pass over 40 yards because he had no time to throw the ball...It was not a secret that Sage has an overall stronger arm than AJ or Ears did...Sage can't read defenses well and is even more inexperienced than Feeley...if Sage was going to be the guy, don't you think they would not have brought in Feeley...If Sage couldn't beat out Ears...well, enough said...

Back
Top Bottom