Feeling About Flores | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeling About Flores

How do you feel about the Flores Hiring?

• Total voters
Its hard not to be skeptical, but I do like his background. In particular, I like that he was a former player, has experience as a scout, with special teams, offense and defensive.

He obviously knows what success looks like in football and what it takes to get there.

None of that guarantees success because its about the entire organization making the right moves at a much more consistent level.

The track record of the Belichick coaching tree is not good. I see a man who has spent his entire career in that coaching tree and who was hand selected by a friend who is our GM. I'm hoping he's the real deal … but at this point I don't see evidence that convinces me yet.

IMHO, the tanking in 2019 to get a QB in 2020 is the right move, and assuming he executes that well, we will not really know much about him until the end of his second year. So, I'm preaching patience. Now if we abandon that plan, draft a QB in 2019 and try to win immediately, I'll have no patience, because IMHO, that's the wrong move and a clear indication that we're seeing the best of what he has to offer … so I _really_ hope we follow through with the plan to tank in 2019 to get a top notch QB in 2020.

I guess it depends on what you mean by disciplinarian.

I don't think expecting players to do their jobs, and holding them accountable is a disciplinarian.

Guys that make pointless rules that treat adult individuals as children are the ones players hate.
Then we have differing understandings of disciplinarian.

I think his fate will be the same as all the other Bellichick stooges

We’ll be having another press conference in 3 years... SMH

It's been a crazy 24 hours for him so I'm not going to put too much stock in his first press conference. I'm gonna give him some time to get his **** together and one things certain....... Time will tell.....but seems like a normal dude that the players should relate too and respect.

I'm sure he was exhausted and so what if he's not an accomplished speaker? At least his eyes weren't bugging out.
I'm hopeful John Fox proves right when he commented after the presser that he thought the Fins might have hit a home run with Flores.

A lot of us were happy with the Gase hire l
When we hired him. The more I read on Flores, the more I like this hire more than Gase. He needs to surround himself with great coordinators. I hope he is a bill cowher type of coach. I'd keep tannehill if we cant trade him or find a good replacement.

I think his fate will be the same as all the other Bellichick stooges

We’ll be having another press conference in 3 years... SMH

pretending you know? SMH

calling him a stooge? SMH

Dick Lebeau failed, Bill Belichik failed and if Flores fails a lot of sad little people
are gonna hate a good man just because he took his shot like everyone should

its like the Dolphin draftees that fail, you would think they drowned puppies when all
they did was be drafted by an organization that didn't know any better. DVP sucks but I
don't hate him

Right now I am actually, Skeptically optimistic, but considering a few weeks ago I was not overly excited at not just taking a coach from the underwhelming Belichick coaching tree, but taking a Defensive coach from the team of HC that is also known to be a defensive genius.

Seems there might be something special about Flores, from having coached offensive, special teams positions, as well as defense, to what is sounding to be a SB he helped coach, and play call into one of the more special performances.

I am Skeptically optimistic right now, in a week or so after seeing what he does, I could be part of the great choice people.

Super bowl bound! Right now that would be with a mystery team. That would be something! Too funny.

Back
Top Bottom