Feidler again this year oh boy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feidler again this year oh boy

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Getting the feeling that jay is going to win the job, maybe that is why they brought in a feeley because they knew jay would win the job and prove he should be our QB and got a pay cut out of him, you know if they waited or got a guy like ramsey or go after collins jay would lose and the FO does not want that. it is all a conspiracy at the highest levels

Bonedoc7777 said:
Getting the feeling that jay is going to win the job, maybe that is why they brought in a feeley because they knew jay would win the job and prove he should be our QB and got a pay cut out of him, you know if they waited or got a guy like ramsey or go after collins jay would lose and the FO does not want that. it is all a conspiracy at the highest levels

you can't be serious. why would they give up a 2nd rounder for AJ if it was a conspiracy? we got too much time on our hand. can't wait for the season to start. ;)

More than likely, theres no "conspiracy". You can quote me on this one....Feely will be the starter on opening day. He looks bad in minicamps mostly because he hasnt had the time to digest the offense and develop a rythm with the WRs. By The start of the season, he'll be alot more comfortable and will display the talent that made Rick think he was worth a #2 pick. Thats what I think, whether you agree with it or not is your thing.

i hope feeley is the guy, i live in philly and seen him play alot in mini camp for the eagles and looked very good, please god let him get the offense down

Will Feeley be the starter come season??

I thought so myself, but doesn't Wannstedt handle the situation? I believe Wannstedt is the one responsible for which players start and which ones make the 53 man roster and which ones hit the practice squad. Spielman just brings the guys in.

I think Wannstedt will start Fiedler if Fiedler outplays Feeley in TC and QB schools.

The compensation used to bring Feeley into training camp and these QB schools is probably not on Wannstedts mind. The best player plays and Wannstedt is no longer responsible for GM duties.

This entire "Feeley will be starter for 2004 season" stance I had, given the amount used to bring him in, is definetely flawed.

What if Fiedler is the starting QB for Miami this upcoming season??

I know for me, my hopes would not be very high, but I'll root for them all the way. Fiedler is just not capable of taking this team further.

Well of course Fiedler has the advantage now because he's familiar with the system, but let's see what happens when training camp and preseason starts. I had to chuckle today when I read on some sports sites "Eli Manning and Philip Rivers struggle in mini camps" Jeez it's just May...Feeley is on the same boat, coming in and learning a new system. Here's hoping we'll see good results from Feeley this season.

I've got a feeling.....that we're a long way from September.

Also, shouldn't the fact that Fiedler has a 4-year head start count for something??

I think AJ will be the backup for this year until he fully grips the offense, then the team will release Fiedler and give the job to AJ. I dont think we have time for this, considering how old our defense is getting.

I don't know who will get the start on opening day, but my prediction is that, by season's end, both Feeley and Fiedler will have started.

brech10,

That's really making a stretch seeing as how nearly half of the teams didn't see a QB play in all 16 games last year. :tongue:

That's my way of saying I agree with your prediction...

I think that because the 7 or 8 guys that Wayne interviewed for the GM job all told him that he needs to change the QB position. This was also RS belief. He went out an got someone, who he had done his homework on, to replace JF. At the very least, he has more arm strength than JF and was not mistake prone. Whether he proves to be better than JF in these minicamps will not matter. When the pads go on, he will get more snaps as the #1 guy for two reasons...(1) he is being brought in to replace JF--he needs the reps with the team and (2) they know what JF can/can't do already. You have to figure that the job is AJs to lose, not Fiedlers to lose, even though they are saying the politically correct things now. Think about it...as fans most of us said that we needed three things to change this year: 1. A new coach. 2. a new GM and 3. a new QB. Well, #1 was not done. There are pros and cons to not replacing DW, but the bottom line is that it didn't happen. We have a new GM on paper, but not really. This move can't be realistically debated for a year or two yet. So all that is left is a new QB. RS took his 3rd choice. That was the best option at the time. Could Collins, Couch, Warner, Garcia do better ?? Personally I would rather take a risk on AJ than any of those retreads. At this point, I have to think AJ was our best option. If AJ is not the starter in Sept, then the team has really not done anything to improve. (yes, we have a revamped OL, but heck we didn't have any linemen left to even field a team. We have a project/risk WR, that if works out could be great, but could backfire as well, but we didn't have a #2 receiver last year either). So, IMO, AJ will be the starter.

I have said it before and I will say it again this organization has dropped the ball at the QB position every year since Marino retired (actually a few years before he retired because they should have thought of a replacement earlier) This year will be the worst if Feeley becomes a bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's how I'm looking at it.... :eek:

This is like a 12 round boxing match. Right now, we've seen only one round of boxing. It appears that J. Fiedler is up one round over AJ Feeley....

11 more rounds to go....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Back
Top Bottom