Ferguson praises Tim Howard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ferguson praises Tim Howard

:rolleyes: Put Keller or Friedel in there and I bet they do better.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Yeah, because it is so easy to do better than someone who won a World Cup, which is what Tim Howard has been doing.

The thing about Howard is that he doesn't make stupid mistakes, and that is why they like him so much. Barthez made many stupid mistakes. Friedel is a good keeper but he allows goals that just shouldn't go in. Keller just isn't on the same level as Friedel or Howard.

Howard has a good defense in front of him but he saves pretty much everything that faces him.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

The thing about Howard is that he doesn't make stupid mistakes, and that is why they like him so much. Barthez made many stupid mistakes. Friedel is a good keeper but he allows goals that just shouldn't go in. Keller just isn't on the same level as Friedel or Howard.

I beg to differ, It came down to the last few days before the Portugal match where Arena made his decision on his #1 GK would be. Wouldn't you know it was between Friedel and Keller. BTW, If you saw the game in Summer, Brazil Vs USA in the Gold Cup...then I do not know why you are saying "not on the same level".

I beg to differ, It came down to the last few days before the Portugal match where Arena made his decision on his #1 GK would be. Wouldn't you know it was between Friedel and Keller. BTW, If you saw the game in Summer, Brazil Vs USA in the Gold Cup...then I do not know why you are saying "not on the same level".

Yeah, I saw the game that we lost between the USA and Brazil.

Have you ever seen Howard play? He doesn't make stupid mistakes and saves pretty much everything. The decision to start Friedel in 2002 wasn't made until right before but Friedel was still clearly a better keeper. Keller is alright but he is far from great.

Friedel is very prone to stupid mistakes. I have seen him play a few times this year. He makes some great saves and then he allows stuff to go in that just shouldn't go in.

Yeah, I saw the game that we lost between the USA and Brazil.

Have you ever seen Howard play? He doesn't make stupid mistakes and saves pretty much everything. The decision to start Friedel in 2002 wasn't made until right before but Friedel was still clearly a better keeper. Keller is alright but he is far from great.

Friedel is very prone to stupid mistakes. I have seen him play a few times this year. He makes some great saves and then he allows stuff to go in that just shouldn't go in.

I saw Howard in the Confederation Cup...he is far from GREAT.

I saw Howard in the Confederation Cup...he is far from GREAT.

He did alright in the tournament, he allowed 3-4 goals in 3 games.

Howard does everything well. He is a leader, he works with defenders, and he saves pretty much everything that comes at him. He doesn't make stupid mistakes. He gets the job done and he has more pressure on him than Friedel and Keller combined because of who he plays for. Howard has done great and he will only get better.

He did alright in the tournament, he allowed 3-4 goals in 3 games.

Howard does everything well. He is a leader, he works with defenders, and he saves pretty much everything that comes at him. He doesn't make stupid mistakes. He gets the job done and he has more pressure on him than Friedel and Keller combined because of who he plays for. Howard has done great and he will only get better.

Still doesn't deserve to start IMO.

ARE YOU KIDDING OR ARE YOU GUESSING??????

Howard is the best American goalie in the world right now. No question! For a fact, you haven't seen any of his games as Manchester Utd. keeper. The guy is a brick wall! Thats why Man U is the no.1 team in England right now. Before I say another single word, please go watch a couple of Man Utd games, and then come back to talk about this.

Originally posted by Dolfan02

ARE YOU KIDDING OR ARE YOU GUESSING??????

Howard is the best American goalie in the world right now. No question! For a fact, you haven't seen any of his games as Manchester Utd. keeper. The guy is a brick wall! Thats why Man U is the no.1 team in England right now. Before I say another single word, please go watch a couple of Man Utd games, and then come back to talk about this.
He also has a better Defense than either Friedel or Keller.

He is still a better keeper one way or the other.

As 02 said, he is a brick wall. He saves everything that comes to him. He has really improved since he went to Man United, even though he was pretty good before.

He is still a better keeper one way or the other.

As 02 said, he is a brick wall. He saves everything that comes to him. He has really improved since he went to Man United, even though he was pretty good before.

Give Friedel and Keller that Defense and see how they do....

excuses, excuses, excuses...

Stop guessing and start observing for yourself...

Here some stats: Howard has 9 clean sheets (shutouts), Keller has 4 and Friedel has 3. Howard has only allowed 13 goals as GK in 19 games... Friedel and Keller have allowed 29 goals EACH in 19 games.

Another thing you should wonder about: why is Howard the starting GK for Man Utd. whom could get any player and GK in the WORLD they want? Gee.. maybe because he's just that good you think??

Here's an interview with Howard http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=50298 BTW, he was being modest in the 4th to last question. But nonetheless, I see the arguement about Friedel and Keller have been playing longer than him on the US national team thus they will get the benefit of the doubt. But I believe he has PROVEN to be better for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolfan02

excuses, excuses, excuses...

Stop guessing and start observing for yourself...

Here some stats: Howard has 9 clean sheets (shutouts), Keller has 4 and Friedel has 3. Howard has only allowed 13 goals as GK in 19 games... Friedel and Keller have allowed 29 goals EACH in 19 games.

Another thing you should wonder about: why is Howard the starting GK for Man Utd. whom could get any player and GK in the WORLD they want? Gee.. maybe because he's just that good you think??

Here's an interview with Howard http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=50298 BTW, he was being modest in the 4th to last question. But nonetheless, I see the arguement about Friedel and Keller have been playing longer than him on the US national team thus they will get the benefit of the doubt. But I believe he has PROVEN to be better for sure.

I agree 100%. If Manchester United wanted Keller or Friedel, they would have bought them. Friedel may have cost more because of his great season last year but they could have gotten Keller pretty cheap. Manchester United scouted out Tim Howard and they were very impressed, so they made the move to buy him. Most Manchester United fans, both in the US and abroad, think Tim Howard has been the best of their new signings and that he has been very impressive. They see him as an improvement over Fabien Barthez. Howard has really improved since he went to England and he is just really good. He is still pretty young (24) but he has already made a huge impression. I think he will be the starting keeper with Manchester United for years.

When Howard went to Man United, even I didn't think he would start right away. However, he went there and he proved to be their best keeper, and he has been impressive in pretty much every game he has played this season.

Of all the signings of the past summer, Tim Howard was the best one in the world in terms of value. He didn't really cost them that much money but he has already delivered. If other clubs knew how good he was, he would have sold for a lot more. He has actually been so good that I have heard that more European clubs might start scouting the MLS to find some steals.

He has actually been so good that I have heard that more European clubs might start scouting the MLS to find some steals.

This has me thinking big. Regarding powerhouse club teams from overseas scouting and possibly buying MLS players: Is it a good thing? Or a bad thing?

PROS:
1. MLS is recognized as a serious league producing great talent for the global sport of soccer. 2. Americans are taken more seriously as soccer players esp. with the Europeans. 3. Americans get better playing overseas (hopefully). 4. MLS gets money from these clubs enabling them to continue the league and make profits.

CONS:
1. MLS never becomes a true powerhouse league if talent and Americans keep leaving which in turn doesn't allow it to become big with the public. 2. MLS will not compete with the giant leagues of England, Spain, France, Holland, Germany, Italy, and Argentina. 4. MLS' teams will revolve around producing good players and then selling them overseas for large prices as the only means of generating large profits.

I don't like that concept AT ALL. Not a good idea in the long run. At least, Freddy Adu is starting to reverse the concept a bit. My best wishes for Freddy to elevate soccer with the American public in a grand way.

Back
Top Bottom