Ferrote might be gone! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ferrote might be gone!

This is a great day!!!!! No more can people use Gus superb "knowledge" of Linehan's system as his only saving grace. Despite this knowledge, Frerotte still had a horrible year. I wonder what excuse or reason people will start saying for Frerrotte to stay because I see none now. We can get another veteran who would be an upgrade (that shouldn't be too hard to find) that will mentor the qb of the future.

dominizzo said:
great news Linehan traitor!!! I hope Saban gets MArtz as OC or FAssell cuz i love the 3 Wr set

I HATE Martz! We could trade Frerotte for Jaime Martin. Woohoo.

Please no to Martz...He does not know how to utilize his running game effectively. Saban likes playing defense and running the football. I'm sure he won't go with Martz.

Killer_Dolphins said:
I wouldn't mind Patrick Ramsey being that the Skins look to stick with Brunell for now and Cambell in the future.

im still now sure theyre gunna let him leave cambell hasnt been doing what was expected as of late and ramsey is a good backup.Id be surprised to see him anywhere else but wouldnt mind

azfinfanmang said:
Sorry J-2, but with Palmer out for a signifigant amount of time, Craig Krenzel is #3 on the depth chart, and the Bengles beings so close to being a legit contender, Kitna is going NOWHERE>
I heard Palmer had to sell his house cause it was a 2 story. (No way he is going up and down stairs for SEVERAL months)

I'm not saying Carson Palmer is going to be ready, and I would absolutely lock Kitna up if I were running the Bengals. It just seems that may not be the way they go. This might be all about negotiating through the press with Kitna, but see the link I posted.

RoKnRuiN said:
I HATE Martz! We could trade Frerotte for Jaime Martin. Woohoo.

i think Martin is older than Gus...

I doubt Martz and Saban can coexist...

tmny99 said:
This is a great day!!!!! No more can people use Gus superb "knowledge" of Linehan's system as his only saving grace. Despite this knowledge, Frerotte still had a horrible year. I wonder what excuse or reason people will start saying for Frerrotte to stay because I see none now. We can get another veteran who would be an upgrade (that shouldn't be too hard to find) that will mentor the qb of the future.
Horrible year? How did he exactly had a horrible year?

- He lead the team from a 4-12 year to 9-7 season.
- He put in numbers that are comparable with his Pro Bowl season in 1996 with the Redskins.

I'm sorry if you thought you were going to get a 12-4 season this year plus playoffs, but no QB is a miracle worker. We were 4-12. 4-12!?! Give the guy a break, he did better than AJ Feely, Jay Fiedler, and any other QB that Wannstedt brought in.

Also, this defense didn't do so great to even help out Gus Frerrote. Maybe it was the Sammy Knight and Patrick Surtain trade to the Chiefs that slowed our defense down, BUT WE GAVE UP A BUNCH OF HUGE PLAYS THAT COSTED US GAMES.

I say, if we don't bring in a legitimate STARTING qb (one that is a starter now and is known for winning), then we stick with Gus and see what this years draft or next year can give us. No other backup in this league will give us a better option at the QB position like Gus had.

Let him work hard like he said he would this offseason, and we will see.

Horrible year? How did he exactly had a horrible year?

He had NINE games with a passer rating in the freaking SIXTIES or less. Six of those in the fifties or less! That's truly horrible.

- He lead the team from a 4-12 year to 9-7 season.
- He put in numbers that are comparable with his Pro Bowl season in 1996 with the Redskins.

No, he didn't. Fitst of all, with the exception of say, San Diego, and a couple other games, the team won in spite of Gus not because of him.

Second of all, team record is a TEAM achievment. Are you going to keep Reggie Howard? He has the same record as Ferotte... better actually, cause Gus doesn't get Sage's two victories.

So? Does our record mean everybody on the team did a great job? Of course not. And when your quarterback puts up nine awful games in a year... he doesn't get credit.

I'm sorry if you thought you were going to get a 12-4 season this year plus playoffs, but no QB is a miracle worker. We were 4-12. 4-12!?! Give the guy a break, he did better than AJ Feely, Jay Fiedler, and any other QB that Wannstedt brought in.

Jay Fiedler was better in each of his full years here than Gus. In that awful offense. How crazy is that? Jay was BETTER than Gus. True.

Also, this defense didn't do so great to even help out Gus Frerrote. Maybe it was the Sammy Knight and Patrick Surtain trade to the Chiefs that slowed our defense down, BUT WE GAVE UP A BUNCH OF HUGE PLAYS THAT COSTED US GAMES.

Did our defense secretly put something in Gus's coffee that made him miss his recievers half the time and pile up an emabarrasing 6.06 YPA?

I say, if we don't bring in a legitimate STARTING qb (one that is a starter now and is known for winning), then we stick with Gus and see what this years draft or next year can give us. No other backup in this league will give us a better option at the QB position like Gus had.

There are several back-ups in the league that would be better. Gus was really, really bad.

Let him work hard like he said he would this offseason, and we will see.

He's had 12 years. He's not going to get better, he's going to get worse.

we can't get rid of all of our QBs and I bet you that Sage will be gone, if we rid of Gus then we have to teach a new QB fast, even with Lemon at QB he would have some learning to do

Bigbucks24 said:
Yeah. Traitor!! Who is he to think he should take a promotion, big raise, better life for his family and the culmination of his life's coaching work over making my life better. Jerk! :shakeno:

Oh dear here we go again :lol:

I do not want any QB in this league who is old and or who has struggled to take over the team if gus leaves. i am sorry but hasn't that been the team's mistake since dan left? letting the team be runned by a stupid backup qb? to put it kindly, we need to keep gus, we need a vet to help the rookie qb learn the ways of the league. gus has backed up some pretty good qb's in his day and has been around the NFL. why not let the kid learn from someone who at least has experience with pretty much every type of system in the league.

If Gus does go...

No to kitna- kitna has to be there incase palmer is still ailing

No to mcnair- titans will draft young most likely and young loves mcnair

no to ramsey- proved to help redskins and wont be leaving, plus brunell is not getting younger

no to rivers- brees injury is going to force SD to keep him there and be ready to go

no to culpepper- SL gone, no culpepper

no to collins- if fassel heads out west, fassel has had success with collins

schaub- option but ATL will ask too much

harrington- will most likely go to arizona or KC, new settings will prove his worth

no to carr- carr/bush will equal w's

there are no options here i think, i think we stick with what we have, lemon and gussy, sage will be let go and a rookie will take over as backup. we have a guy that clicked with the recievers towards the end of the year. i could care less about qb ratings or any kind of stat, why, because we get w's. lets bring in a TO reciever to bolster our club and you will see us flourish whoever is at the helm.

nopony said:
He had NINE games with a passer rating in the freaking SIXTIES or less. Six of those in the fifties or less! That's truly horrible.

No, he didn't. Fitst of all, with the exception of say, San Diego, and a couple other games, the team won in spite of Gus not because of him.

Second of all, team record is a TEAM achievment. Are you going to keep Reggie Howard? He has the same record as Ferotte... better actually, cause Gus doesn't get Sage's two victories.

So? Does our record mean everybody on the team did a great job? Of course not. And when your quarterback puts up nine awful games in a year... he doesn't get credit.

Jay Fiedler was better in each of his full years here than Gus. In that awful offense. How crazy is that? Jay was BETTER than Gus. True.

Did our defense secretly put something in Gus's coffee that made him miss his recievers half the time and pile up an emabarrasing 6.06 YPA?

There are several back-ups in the league that would be better. Gus was really, really bad.

He's had 12 years. He's not going to get better, he's going to get worse.

Great post...I'm glad I didn't have to respond to another one of these people that think Frerotte had a great year. He sucked, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom