FH draft prospect rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FH draft prospect rankings

fansinceGWilson

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while and, as the draft approaches, this may be the time, although not easy. It would be interesting to me to see one of two things (preferably both).

1) List in order your top 10 draft prospects. No relation to the Miami draft or position. Just the top 10 prospects. With all the debate about BPA vs Need and the debate over whether Pitts/Sewell/Parsons are likely picked at #3 or #8 or #11, I'd be interested in player rankings by fellow FHrs. Since I do NO evaluations nor watch more than 4-5 college games a yr, I have no dog in the fight.

2) I'd like to see a consensus ranking of, say, top 32 prospects by FH. I think it would be interesting to see how that ranking compares to some of the more popular ranking web sites.

My board's top 10:

Pitts/Waddle
Lawrence
Parson
Fields
Sewell
Chase
Surtain
Smith
Horn

Zach Wilson and Mac Jone are this years Turdbisky and Locke. I don't understand how anyone thinks they are legit NFL QBs. You can throw 'Dimes' for NYG in that junk pile too.

Zach Wilson and Mac Jone are this years Turdbisky and Locke. I don't understand how anyone thinks they are legit NFL QBs. You can throw 'Dimes' for NYG in that junk pile too.
Hmm? You think so?

Zach Wilson has played not too good of competition..but I think he has a chance.

Hmm? You think so?

Zach Wilson has played not too good of competition..but I think he has a chance.
I do. Lots of over hype on these guys. It's aggravating all the props those two are getting and a legit Fields is being picked apart to what ...the second round...
I have no idea how anyone has any QB other than Lawrence above Fields....and even that is debatable.

I do. Lots of over hype on these guys. It's aggravating all the props those two are getting and a legit Fields is being picked apart to what ...the second round...
I have no idea how anyone has any QB other than Lawrence above Fields....and even that is debatable.
Fields is my QB #2..I think Lawrence very well may be overrated..still think Wilson is a top ten guy in this draft..I mean..don't gotta knock down one guy because your dude (Fields) is being knocked..both can be solid/good/great players.

No chance Fields goes #1 but I think the smart money is on him going #3 if not #2..if he 'drops like a fly'..as some predict..that would surprise me. Doubt he falls out of the Top 10.

Fields is my QB #2..I think Lawrence very well may be overrated..still think Wilson is a top ten guy in this draft..I mean..don't gotta knock down one guy because your dude (Fields) is being knocked..both can be solid/good/great players.

No chance Fields goes #1 but I think the smart money is on him going #3 if not #2..if he 'drops like a fly'..as some would surprise me. Doubt he falls out of the Top 10.
I'm not knocking Wilson because of other's views on Fields. That's redicilous Gator.
I'm knocking Wison because he doesn't deserve top 10 consideration all on his own. He really doesn't belong in first round convo. But many many teams are in QB need. My take is he will have a very mediocre career if you will be able to call it that.

I'm not knocking Wilson because of other's views on Fields. That's redicilous Gator.
I'm knocking Wison because he doesn't deserve top 10 consideration all on his own. He really doesn't belong in first round convo. But many many teams are in QB need. My take is he will have a very mediocre career if you will be able to call it that.

Who are your top 8 QB's then?

Mine are:

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. Wilson
4. Lance
5. Jones
6. Trask
7. Mond
8. Mills

Who are your top 8 QB's then?

Mine are:

1. Lawrence
2. Fields
3. WIlson
4. Lance
5. Jones
6. Trask
7. Mond
8. Mills
That's close to how I would rank QBs. I would move Lance to 3. However, when I said top 10 I wasnt referencing QBs, I was referring to top 10 draft position. I think Lawerence and Fields will have successful careers. I don't see anything out of the others really at all except Lance. And it all depends in where he lands. He needs 2 to 3 more years of development.

That's close to how I would rank QBs. I would move Lance to 3. However, when I said top 10 I wasnt referencing QBs, I was referring to top 10 draft position. I think Lawerence and Fields will have successful careers. I don't see anything out of the others really at all except Lance. And it all depends in where he lands. He needs 2 to 3 more years of development.
Okay, then. So Lawrence and Fields get Top 10 rankings overall..does Lance get a first round grade for you?

Okay, then. So Lawrence and Fields get Top 10 rankings overall..does Lance get a first round grade for you?
No other QB has 1st round grade for me.
Now, my rankings aside. I can see up to 6 QBs going first round. It's just how it has to happen. I'll laugh at those 4 teams just like I cried when we drafted Tannehill. Cause we were one of those teams at that time. I said the second we took him our franchise was set back 8 years. I was proven correct (Regardless of what he is doing in Tenn don't attack me, he did set our franchise back).

Back
Top Bottom