"Fiedler and the 2002 Dolphins" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Fiedler and the 2002 Dolphins"

Re: Errrrr, lol

Originally posted by Oliver
... seems to me if you are a Dolphins fan you are a Jay supporter. Anything else defies the term "Dolphins fan", no?

Oliver...

not necessarily ask all the Jets fans if they are Vinny fans.

Jay is not a HOF QB, but he is as good as QB as we can afford and still keep all the guys making the big bucks on D. Getting RW, Randy and Norv for nothing ag. the cap helped boost our O immeasurably, but at the end of the day Jay's #1 priority has to be to play smart and not lose the game and let the D and Ricky win it. Last year w/Lamar he was not able to do that, but he will be able to this year. As much as I am worried about KC, NE will be the 1st real test for our O.

Actually Vinny proves my point...

... he's been nothing but AVG to HORR IDfor 2-years and up until this past game they pretty much have supported him. We can't say that for Jay Fiedler even after one season as the starting QB here.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolphan39
not necessarily ask all the Jets fans if they are Vinny fans.

Jay is not a HOF QB, but he is as good as QB as we can afford and still keep all the guys making the big bucks on D. Getting RW, Randy and Norv for nothing ag. the cap helped boost our O immeasurably, but at the end of the day Jay's #1 priority has to be to play smart and not lose the game and let the D and Ricky win it. Last year w/Lamar he was not able to do that, but he will be able to this year. As much as I am worried about KC, NE will be the 1st real test for our O.

Re: Actually Vinny proves my point...

Originally posted by Oliver
... he's been nothing but AVG to HORR IDfor 2-years and up until this past game they pretty much have supported him. We can't say that for Jay Fiedler even after one season as the starting QB here.

Oliver...

not to argue about the Jets because WhoTF cares ;) but there are more people up here rooting for Chad to get in at QB than there are Ray supporters. Of course, that has evolved with the improvement of Jay and realization that the Jets are going nowhere w/Vin.

I think you have to look right in the middle of the two extremes on this thread. Is Jay a 100+ rated passer as he has been playing thus far? No. Has he showed great improvement and is he adapting very well to Norv's offense? Hell Yeah! Jay won't hit every open deep ball, and he is good for one completely moronic throw every game(int or not), but he has proven he can hit the occasional deep ball, and is a force in the 4th quarter if need be. Right now our wrs, te, and rbs-fb are all making big plays on short routes so the need for the deep ball isn't there. Who cares if CC is open 40 yards down feild if McMichal can run 20 yards after a 5 yard catch the risk is much in the latter. Eventauly team will creep up to stop the short stuff, but that will just give CC, Ward, Gadsen, and Randy an extra step for the long game.

Bizarro world

Thats where some of you guys must live in. You constantly nit pick and see stuff that isn't there.

Jay had 3 picks in the Detroit game = in a crack smokers dream he did.

Come on now are you wishing he had those picks to prove your point? What is the point?

When Jay hits a deep ball pattern, what is going to be next?

Fact is that up to this point, Norv hasn't really had many deep balls thrown. THAT is why he keeps telling reporters that they haven't seen this offense click yet. He hasn't really sent many receivers deep.

If you pay attention to what is going on, you will notice that most of the deep routes are decoys in the offense right now. They are designed to get someone else open that Jay is SUPPOSE to throw the ball to. Jay isn't missing open receivers. He doesn't get himself into trouble because he unloads the ball to the open man---Which is what Norv wants him to do.

REMEMBER when Aikman use to do the same thing?

The deep balls may come against the Chiefs on Sunday. I'm betting that they will try first to stop Ricky with 9 guys on the line and that will be their slow poison.

This isn't a debate about how how good Fiedler is. Its a rebuttle against whomever was trying to take Fiedler's glory away. Just let him have his awesome QB rating without making excuses for why it is so high. Why is it necessary to convince everyone that Fielder sucks? It gets very annoying......

Back
Top Bottom