Fiedler Bashers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Bashers

Originally posted by BMarion31
I have no prob with people "trashing" Jay or whatever. Its just when hormone raged little boys come and spew nonsense like, "he can't beet playoof teems..." and nothing else that even resembles a rational thought, it aggravates me. If you don't like him and have an intelligent reason why, fine. If you don't like him because "he haz big eers...", then I'm gonna get on your ass about it......

That's fine BMarion.....

I think you're kind of asking for them to rehash their arguments with this thread though.

Jay did really play a great game yesterday. As far as I'm concerned it was his best game ever. This is the type of game we need for him to suceed. He wasn't called on to carry the team but when his name was called to step up and produce, he did. I only saw one bad throw (The deep ball to Mcknight) and it was good enough for Mcknight to adjust and catch it. The throw to Chambers in the back of the endzone was..... Perfect! So Jay gets and A+. The big deal though is the goose egg under the INT. column!
You have to give props to the coaching staff as well because all week in interviews they mentioned drilling not making the "I think I can get it in there throws" into his head. Pull it down and run or throw it away. He did that great yesterday especially on the TD run. Having Ricky and our D, as long as he keeps this type of play up, just like Dilfer did with Baltimore the year they went to the Super Bowl, We can make the big game too!

Props to Jay and the whole team yesterday!
:happydrin

Here's to Brian Griese hitting the Sauce all this week!

You hit the nail on the head. I am asking them to rehash their arguements. With the exception of a few, most of the arguements are ridiclously stupid statements that either make no sense, or have no relevence to his QB play. One guys actually said he shouldn't be our QB because he is Jewish......

OK here we go. My concern and lack of trust with Fiedler is that I have watched him have success for a couple games then he will suck it up the next few games. i think most of this has to do with Jay geeting so much help from others that the pressure is of off him. When Jay has to carry the load he gets pressed and tries to do things he is not athletically able to do. IE Chiefs game. Jay is mediocre at best. If he was so outstanding then why would he be bounced around the league so long a s a backup? Sure his stats are doing great right now but stats dont win you superbowls, you can ask dan marino about that one. Just dont want people to get sucked in or fooled by jay having a few good games. As the season wears on the mediocrity will shine through. I hope he stays on track im just not sold on Fiedler. Nobody can ever answer that question if you really think he is allpro then how did he stay as backup in Minnesota and Jacksonville and Philly? Also not to mention he was out of a job for a while. This is the prrof that every NFL team passed on Fiedler, guess they are all wrong too, the guys who evaluate talent day in and day out. Mark True Dolphin fan!!!!! Just calling it as i see it!!!!!!!!

He didn't start because those teams had Randall Cunningham and Mark Brunell. I'm not sure about the Eagles though. Suck it up the next few games? I don't remember him having more than 2 bad games in a row, which was in his first season, Tampa Bay then Indianapolis. The fact that he carried the team to 6(was it 6?) comeback wins last season just gives your first statement no credibility. In fact, he put the team on his back and won against New England last Sunday. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion or anything I just think that most of you all just won't accept he is a good quarterback for personal reasons or whatever......

Jay would not be the first example of a castoff from another team finishing well somewhere else. John Riggins, Joe Theismann, and Lyle Alzado all once played for the Dolphins, but finished there careers elsewhere in glory.

31, Le'ts really hope that you're mistaken about some sh!thead saying that Fiedler shouldn't be quarterback because he's Jewish. It's hard to abide the bashing in general, but that's the one single comment that's intolerable. People who have questions about this may be interested in checking out this website:
http://www.jewishsports.org/index.html

Originally posted by Miamian

31, Le'ts really hope that you're mistaken about some sh!thead saying that Fiedler shouldn't be quarterback because he's Jewish. It's hard to abide the bashing in general, but that's the one single comment that's intolerable. People who have questions about this may be interested in checking out this website:
http://www.jewishsports.org/index.html

:confused: :confused:

Questions about what?
I agree that Jay not being our QB because he is Jewish is a rediculous comment.
I don't see how you leaving a link to the Jewish sports hall of fame has anything to do with that though.
:lol:

I can't even believe there is one of those......
What's the point?
If they are good athletes they should be in the sports hall of fame and that's all that's important right?:

Just trying to give people the opportunity to inform themselves. Jay is listed as one of the pages under football.

The problem here and I HOPE THAT THIS THREAD DOES NOT GROW INTO A DISCOURSE ON THE SUBJECT (maybe we should ask the mods to split it if it does) is that Jews not being adept at sports is just another stereotype that should be dispelled. Anyone watching Jay score that TD could not possibly deny that he's a good athelete. He also won the NY pentathlon anyway.

I think that the reason that the website exists is just for that reason.

I don't see how religion has anything to do with being the starting quarterback on the Miami Dolphins. His religion has no effect on his game, and it doesn't make him a better or a worse player.

to the bashers:

it's funny there are people on this site waiting to see if fiedler "pans out." this is his third year as the starting qb. i'm optimistic about jay's year this year because he's shown improvement every year and he clearly hasn't played his best football yet. do the bashers think that wannstedt and turner want to be fired? that must be it. what a plan. we'll start a guy with no talent so we can get run out of town. we'll keep the better qb on the bench so we can be second guessed to death. brilliant. most of the people who blame a qb for every loss do so because they don't know much about the game. and those same people give the qb no credit for the victories... wouldn't you rather get behind your qb now so you can say "i was there..." when this team gets where it's going? if you can't see he's elevated his game by now you'll probably never be an nfl head coach or coordinator.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't see how religion has anything to do with being the starting quarterback on the Miami Dolphins. His religion has no effect on his game, and it doesn't make him a better or a worse player.
That's just the point Ice. IT SHOULDN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER. Unfortunately, it's human nature to be prejudiced and so websites like that help to prove the stereotypes false.

Sadly Miamian, its the truth. The guy was making a somewhat intelligent post, then he called him Jew Fiedler, among other things. I forget who posted it though. Maybe Oliver remembers, he also responded to that post......

KB, KB78 or KB21...

... he knows enough to be dangerous. He's also now implying the reason Lucas is not being considered for the starting job is because he's black. Go figure.

The guy is a joke, and the Dolphins Digest MBoard basically protects him. I guess that means they agree with his opinions?

Oliver...

Originally posted by BMarion31
Sadly Miamian, its the truth. The guy was making a somewhat intelligent post, then he called him Jew Fiedler, among other things. I forget who posted it though. Maybe Oliver remembers, he also responded to that post......

You're right, it probably was him, under a different name, cuz I would remember if it was KB21. No matter who it was, it was an outrageous post. I'm one of the calmest guys ever, but racism(or religionism -is that a word?) is the one thing that pisses me off. Eventually he'll get his butt kicked for a comment like that, and no one will give a crap......

Originally posted by fin-atic

PS
The defense is entirely to blame for the Chiefs loss. However, when we were within 8 poiints and had 3rd and 7 and another time 3rd and 5. It was Jay who threw the ball 50 yards down field. Bad decisions that didn't pull the game out. He shouldn;t have to, but it would be nice to know he can if you need him.

OK, If you are not convinced by Fielder's comebacks of last year, take a look at last weeks game tape. With Pats gaining in momentum and score, Fielder turns that momentum around by leading a time-consuming drive that included at least three beautiful third and long PASSES, to Chambers, Mcknight and McMicheal, effectively ending any chance the Pats had. He was there when we needed him.

We all get frustrated by the man. He always seems to win despite himself, but win he does. And the last time I checked, that's what was most important.

Back
Top Bottom