Fiedler Haters | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Haters

i agree with muck the talent was thin that year nothing close to what we have this year and i think with a fair shot fiedler can excell this season and it sure looks as though hes going to get that chance, we will all be glued to our tv sets come preseason well those of us who have direct tv that is :)
:welcome:

think about this fiedler bashers

how many games have we actually lost that he played in..get real...question perhaps his durability not his skill, the guy aint pretty but he gets the job done. he cant win em all use ur brain. not ur fantasy dream machine. i love dan but he aint coming back

Finsflurry said:
Jay got sacked 13 times in 11 games...not exactly terrible.

On this point, Jay's ability to scramble is why his sack ratio isn't higher, the guy doesn't get a lot of time to throw, which might be part of his accuracy problem even in 2002. In the last 2 games of that season, that was the D's fault not the O's. Jay did his part in those games. He only missed McKnight on that post pattern.

Finsflurry said:
Jay got sacked 13 times in 11 games...not exactly terrible.

As MD pointed out, that's more of a tribute to Jay's ability to scramble and get rid of the ball than the OL's ability to protect him. I always laughed when guys like Dan Deirdorf would open the game talking about how great the line was playing and using the low sack total as a basis for it.

Muck said:
As MD pointed out, that's more of a tribute to Jay's ability to scramble and get rid of the ball than the OL's ability to protect him. I always laughed when guys like Dan Deirdorf would open the game talking about how great the line was playing and using the low sack total as a basis for it.

Lucas got sacked 12 times in 6 games, not terrible but not good...Jay's scrambling did have something to do with it but they weren't as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

All I know is this oline can't be worse than last years so Ricky's YPC is sure to improve. Boston is light years from anyone we have had at the #2 slot last year, and his presence can only push CC's play. Just those two factors alone point toward better QB play even if jay stay's the starter. It only gets better if AJ wins the job...

--Ross

Finsflurry said:
Lucas got sacked 12 times in 6 games, not terrible but not good...Jay's scrambling did have something to do with it but they weren't as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

Lucas can't scramble?Lucas is a better scrambler than Jay.The offensive line has been bad.

Dolphinizzle said:
Btw the Fiedler/Feeley discussion has been beaten to death. The Fiedler hates will stay Fiedler haters. The Fiedler supporters will stay Fiedler supporters. And The Feeley bandwagon hoppers will stay Feeley bandwagon hoppers. That's just the way it is.
Only time will tell which side is right/wrong.

kkkkk!!!!

BEST POST I EVER READ :D

[]´s
TiaUm
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Finsflurry said:

Were you watching the same games as us..name one time Jay could sit back and go from one side to the other to look for a receiver? I think I can remember 2 times, one in the comeback over Denver, another in the Jets comeback over us.

dol_fan_in_tamp said:
how many games have we actually lost that he played in..get real...question perhaps his durability not his skill, the guy aint pretty but he gets the job done. he cant win em all use ur brain. not ur fantasy dream machine. i love dan but he aint coming back

You fail to mention the fact that the majority of those games we won in spite of him, not because of him. What exactly do you mean by skill? He definitlely doesn't have a strong arm, deep ball, or accuracy so what kind of skills are we talking about? His biggest assests IMO are his intangibles... heart, desire, toughness etc, none of which have to do with skill. So can you please elaborate?

Finsflurry said:
You fail to mention the fact that the majority of those games we won in spite of him, not because of him. What exactly do you mean by skill? He definitlely doesn't have a strong arm, deep ball, or accuracy so what kind of skills are we talking about? His biggest assests IMO are his intangibles... heart, desire, toughness etc, none of which have to do with skill. So can you please elaborate?

Let's see, the come back over Denver...he was defintely on in that game, the come back over the skins last year,,yea, he played pretty good, the last 2 games of the 02 season, yea he had control of the O. His first game ever as a fin,,o yea he was in it. The come back, no quit game over Oakland..yep, the beating on the Bills, oh yea...no now that I think of it, there were a lot of games we won because of him.

Finsflurry said:
Ricky's first year here the o-line played the best I've seen since the Webb-Sims years.

That's sad. They couldn't run block back then either. :( I think the 2000 line was better. They seemed to move people. Kevin Donnalley had a solid year. Ruddy was younger. Todd Wade was a rookie and playing about as well as he ever did. Webb and Dixon on the left side with Brent Smith backing up Webb. It was the first time as a Dolfan that I could remember saying "man, I hope we run it on 3rd and 1" and be absolutely confident that we'd pick up the 1st down.

So you're saying Chambers only became a dangerous receiver last season? I'd have to disagree with that, I thought since about 1/4 of the way into his rookie year he developed into a legitmate weapon.

A weapon, yes. But a one-dimensional weapon. His rookie year consisted of running seams and comebacks against #3 CBs. That and flashing the great hands he wasn't supposed to have (along with those ups).

His second year had to be really tough for him. Now he was starting, facing every team's #1 CB. And he was indeed failing to get consistent seperation. Then the concussion. When he comes back, Gadsden and Jay Fiedler are both gone. And he becomes a possession receiver. Those are some tough circumstances to overcome.

Last year he really started to blossom IMO. And if we could have given him the ball more consistenly, he would have exploded.

Now,Chambers and McMichael did struggle as that season wore on, but Ricky and the o-line got better and better

Ricky got better down the stretch. But I'm not convinced that the OL did. Especially when we lost Nails and replaced him with a young and green McKinney. Most of the teams we faced down the stretch were rather weak up front. San Diego and Chicago were horrible. Buffalo was pretty bad as well. We simply wore them out. And New England.....they finished dead last against the run that year. Oakland was excellent vs the run. But it took Ricky 27 carries to break 100. Minnesota was also was pretty solid as well. But the offense rarely had a chance to get on the field that day.

I think they made progress on the ground. But they continued to struggle protecting Jay. It all fell apart in 2003.

MDFINFAN said:
Were you watching the same games as us..name one time Jay could sit back and go from one side to the other to look for a receiver? I think I can remember 2 times, one in the comeback over Denver, another in the Jets comeback over us.

He had plenty of time and recieved great pass protection vs. Detroit, Denver, Jets, Chicago, and recieved decent-to-good pass protection vs Indy, NE the first time and the first half of the KC game, so he had plenty of games where the offensive line protected him well enough for him to win. They were also gashing huge holes for Ricky at this time as well so don't forget that took a ton of pressure off Jay, he's had the opportunities.

Finsflurry said:
He had plenty of time and recieved great pass protection vs. Detroit, Denver, Jets, Chicago, Oakland, and recieved decent-to-good pass protection vs Indy, NE the first time and the first half of the KC game, so he had plenty of games where the offensive line protected him well enough for him to win. They were also gashing huge holes for Ricky at this time as well so don't forget that took a ton of pressure off Jay, he's had the opportunities.

I don't remember a lot of time in those games, I know he move around alot and brought time...but we won most if not all those games..even KC we put up a lot of points...talk to the D on that game.

Back
Top Bottom