Fiedler Haters | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Haters

pigskinguy said:
Dude, forget about it. Feidler lovers will always be Fiedler lovers. You are just banging your head against a wall. You, me and others not wearing blinders know this guy just isn't that good. The first thing I learned when I found this site was to not get into it with the Feidelr lovers. It's a lost cause, just like Feidler himself.

It's pretty sad but you're right...you can roll out as many stats and facts and plays as you want but they will never give up the cause. Every single statement any of you can use to support Jay Fiedler can be countered and proven wrong with stats, such as he never had an o-line, recievers, his winning percentage, all are debunked with stats or if you actually watch the game...he is mediocre and forever will be mediocre and is too limited to be anything else in this league.

audiorage said:
WHY IS EVERYONE SO TOUGH ON JAY FIEDLER:fire: ? IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THAT HE WAS THE BEST QB ON THE DOLPHINS THE PAST FEW SEASONS. I SAY BLAME WAYNE H:googly: . AND THE COACHING STAFF FOR NOT GOING AFTER A HIGHER QUALITY QB. FIEDLER MAY NOT PUT UP BIG NUMBERS BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO WIN. YOU ALSO CAN'T DENY THE FACT THAT HE HASN'T HAD MUCH OF AN O-LINE OR RECIEVERS. I'D FEEL A LOT MORE CONFIDENT WITH FIEDLER STARTING OPENING DAY. HE DESERVES HIS SHOT TO PLAY WITH A DECENT LINE (I HOPE) AND ANOTHER QUALITY RECIEVER. HE'S BEAT A LOT OF GOOD TEAMS WITH A LOT LESS. IM NOT SAYING HE'S THE PHINS ANSWER FOR QB, BUT HE'S THE BEST THEY HAVE TO WORK WITH. FEELEY IS GONNA TAKE A WHILE. WHAT
ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???
:monkeyr: :monkeyl: :nesucks:
Ok I understand that you like Fiedler or whatever but Im sick and tired of hearing about his regular season record. What about his playoff record. Fiedler is a average Qb who plays good sometimes but most of the time the team wins because of the defense. And thats fact!!! :cooldude:

DolFinatic718 said:
Sometimes you just have to realize that you will never get through to some people...
4 seasons and thats all you can think off.. pathetic. Jay would probally get better with Boston but his decisionmaking skills are just horrible. I mean he doesn't use the skills the he has to his advantage and he tries to make throws that his arm is incapable of doing... FACT!!!

audiorage said:
WHY IS EVERYONE SO TOUGH ON JAY FIEDLER:fire: ? IT'S NOT HIS FAULT THAT HE WAS THE BEST QB ON THE DOLPHINS THE PAST FEW SEASONS. I SAY BLAME WAYNE H:googly: . AND THE COACHING STAFF FOR NOT GOING AFTER A HIGHER QUALITY QB. FIEDLER MAY NOT PUT UP BIG NUMBERS BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO WIN. YOU ALSO CAN'T DENY THE FACT THAT HE HASN'T HAD MUCH OF AN O-LINE OR RECIEVERS. I'D FEEL A LOT MORE CONFIDENT WITH FIEDLER STARTING OPENING DAY. HE DESERVES HIS SHOT TO PLAY WITH A DECENT LINE (I HOPE) AND ANOTHER QUALITY RECIEVER. HE'S BEAT A LOT OF GOOD TEAMS WITH A LOT LESS. IM NOT SAYING HE'S THE PHINS ANSWER FOR QB, BUT HE'S THE BEST THEY HAVE TO WORK WITH. FEELEY IS GONNA TAKE A WHILE. WHAT
ARE YOUR THOUGHTS???
:monkeyr: :monkeyl: :nesucks:

Um... I don't think we hate Fiedler on a personal level. We hate seeing him on the field, no matter who's fault it is, he played horribly in all but 2 games.

When i started this post i said that Feidler isn't the phins answer to qb, he's just the best we have to work with. I would love a better qb to come in, but then they trade for Feeley. Feeley's inexperience along with all of the stress that comes with the starting job is gonna hurt him. All im saying is give the guy some more time to adapt. Feidler knows the offense and can be effective enough to win.

Finsflurry said:
Lucas got sacked 12 times in 6 games, not terrible but not good...Jay's scrambling did have something to do with it but they weren't as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

Pssssssssssst..........how many times did we run the ball???? When you're rushing the ball 60+% of the time, that tends to keep the sack count down.

chambers#1wr said:
People who say the oline has to do better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just remember ..........THEY CANT BE PERFECT, NOBODYS PERFECT, NO O-LINE IS PERFECT . They do the best they can.

But Jay did bad because of the o line. If ya ask me some of you people think the o line has to do perfect for jay to do ok. BS

I don't want perfect........ I just want performances like that of the KC Chiefs offensive line. The difference between ours and theirs last year was light years.

Dolphinizzle said:
Fiedler's stats in 2002, before he got injured. Started the season 5-1
9TD, 6INT, 4 of which came against KC where our defense played poor, and we were forced to play catch-up. The only abysmal game he played, was against KC with 0 TDs and 4 picks. other than that, he put up pretty good numbers. So if you want to argue why you believe Fiedler "sucks" do yourself a favor and don't bring up the 02' season. If Fiedler hadn't gotten injured, we would of more than likely been in the playoffs, with a division title. Ray Lucas ruined our season single handedly in 02'

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate
09/08 Detroit W 49-21 Yes 27 18 66.7 207 3 0 126.6
09/15 @Indianapolis W 21-13 Yes 18 13 72.2 187 2 1 119.4
09/22 New York W 30-3 Yes 30 16 53.3 185 1 0 83.3
09/29 @Kansas City L 30-48 Yes 45 29 64.4 310 1 4 54.9
10/06 New England W 26-13 Yes 27 17 63.0 190 2 0 108.6
10/13 @Denver W 24-22 Yes 29 19 65.5 210 0 1 72.5

This still chaps my hide to this day.............all that momentum and all that development we were seeing in Fiedler went down the pisser from there.

Finsflurry said:
I don't blame Fiedler solely but you and your Fiedler loving friends want to give him a free pass for everything. His stats are by far the worst when it gets to the last 4 games and the playoffs, so yes when it matters I believe Jay can't handle the pressure and he falters...vs Ind in the playoffs, Oak, vs Tampa Bay his first year, the Jets, the pick vs NE I could go on and on about his late-season collapses, but then again nothing is his fault so why bother. I never claimed it was only his fault, but he does get a significant portion of the blame IMO for our late-season collapses. BTW, Jay gets hurt every year, nothing new on that note so don't try to use that as an excuse, yeah maybe once or twice but the guy goes down every year, he's just injury-prone and not reliable..

Ok, he is inconsitant at times, no ****. But you can't solely blame Jay for our late season collapses. I don't defend Jay when he plays poor. I simply am trying to make it known, that he isn't as bad as many make him out to be. He is a solid starter. With the new offense I'm confident that he will prove this to be true.

I don't know if you've had a chance to read the topic of this thread, and the original post. It's basicly saying why do people "hate" Fiedler. This was not originally supposed to be another Fiedler debate. But as usual, it has turned into one.

You say I try to give Fiedler a free pass? No, not in the least, he deserves as much of the blame as any player of the team. But, I will continue to defend him, when people such as yourself try to make him out to be a nothing. He may not have all the physical tools, but I think he makes up for it. He runs the offense well. He has heart, and I admire that about him.

So tell me, why is it that you hate Fiedler? :shakeno:

FiN.in.RI said:
FACT: Fiedler supporters are either relatives of him or fans of another team.

:lol: wow you are stupid. I think you got that backwards. Anyone who has hatred towards any player in a Dolphins uniform needs to get lost.

Another word for "Fiedler supporter" is "Realist", that's what we really are. We know he is the best we've Got, and the best we are gonna have for the upcoming season. So we will support our starting QB. Unlike you morons, or as I like to call, "fake dolfans" who are just looking for a new face, rather than evaluating who is the best man we can have.

As of right now, that man is Fiedler, so looks like you fake dolfans can just deal with that.

EDIT: Absolutely unacceptable. You know better than that. And you've got 24 hours to let it sink in.

Muck

Finsflurry said:
And he also had the worst 4th quarter QBR this year so what exactly is your point? He also was horrible in 3rd down rating this year so I'd throw those two stats right out the window since he is definitely not consistent with either.

As for the o-line, I was only talking about them in the 2002 season, but they were not horrible at pass protection. Horrible would imply that we were below average or among the worst, when the fact was we were in the top half of the league in sacks allowed. Horrible would describe the oline of last year...but the 2002 oline was very good at run blocking and adequate at pass protection...IMO they were the best line we've had this decade and were more than good enough to win with. Jay has had a "horrible" line 1 out the 4 years he's been here.

You asked when was he among the stat leaders in the NFL. I answered it. You may want to throw it out, but it is a fact. Has he been inconsistent? yes. should the position be upgraded? yes. But that wasn't your question. And by the way it also debunks your theory that JF can't play under pressure.

The stat that should be thrown out is your sack stat b/c that can also be attributed to the QB play. JF has had horrible pass pro at least three of the years here. His escape ability and the decision to run RW into the line repeatedly are the only things that kept the sack numbers low.

And this may not apply to your post, but the people with blinders on are the ones that attribute all the team's failures to one position that has played avg. instead of looking at the OL which has played below avg.

Dolphinizzle said:
Ok, he is inconsitant at times, no ****. But you can't solely blame Jay for our late season collapses. I don't defend Jay when he plays poor. I simply am trying to make it known, that he isn't as bad as many make him out to be. He is a solid starter. With the new offense I'm confident that he will prove this to be true.

I don't know if you've had a chance to read the topic of this thread, and the original post. It's basicly saying why do people "hate" Fiedler. This was not originally supposed to be another Fiedler debate. But as usual, it has turned into one.

You say I try to give Fiedler a free pass? No, not in the least, he deserves as much of the blame as any player of the team. But, I will continue to defend him, when people such as yourself try to make him out to be a nothing. He may not have all the physical tools, but I think he makes up for it. He runs the offense well. He has heart, and I admire that about him.

So tell me, why is it that you hate Fiedler? :shakeno:

I never once solely blamed Jay for our late season collapses, I have repeatedly said that he deserved a good portion of it but not all of it.

I don't hate Fiedler as a person or a player, I just feel he is inadequate and that we need an upgrade. I have never made personal remarks about Jay, just about his play and what I think of him as a player. I think he is a terrific guy with a ton of heart who is just following his dream and I respect him for it because he did it when no one said he had a chance...but with all respect I just feel like he should continue his dream elsewhere because I have lost all faith in him personally. I don't think he's good enough to be a starter in the NFL.

rafael said:
You asked when was he among the stat leaders in the NFL. I answered it. You may want to throw it out, but it is a fact. Has he been inconsistent? yes. should the position be upgraded? yes. But that wasn't your question. And by the way it also debunks your theory that JF can't play under pressure.

The stat that should be thrown out is your sack stat b/c that can also be attributed to the QB play. JF has had horrible pass pro at least three of the years here. His escape ability and the decision to run RW into the line repeatedly are the only things that kept the sack numbers low.

And this may not apply to your post, but the people with blinders on are the ones that attribute all the team's failures to one position that has played avg. instead of looking at the OL which has played below avg.

How does it in any way debunk my theory about Fiedler can't play under pressure? Just because he was good in one season in the fourth quarter (btw, towards the end of the year he started to struggle in the fourth quarter and he continued to play horrible in the playoffs) does not mean he is clutch, the past 3 years have proven otherwise IMO. But like I said before, even when he has time he is too inconsistent and that has been proven numerous times...I really don't know why you guys seem to think he's accurate or something when he has good protection, are we not watching the same games?

Back
Top Bottom