Fiedler is our man again...Fox reports... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler is our man again...Fox reports...

Jerm3462

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"The Dolphins not only have a headache with Ricky Williams' retirement, but the coaching staff is convinced that A.J. Feeley won't be able to displace Jay Fiedler as the starting quarterback"

I saw this little tidbit on the news and notes section at foxsports.com. This is kinda disheartening if you ask me. I was kind of hoping AJ would start Week #1, just for a change..you know? I like Jay and all but we need a playoff run..change might work..I dunno

By the way I'm Jerm. Dolfan in Maryland (hates Ravens).1st time posting here....found this site about a week ago. And I'm glad I did...I thought the Miami Herald forums was the only place to talk about Dolphins, that place sucks and is a zoo!

Oh, and thanks for the TC reports guys...nice of you guys to report that stuff for us that can't attend.

This "report" was addressed in another thread, but the fact that someone on the board reported the Herald as saying AJ is moving toward getting a majority of the snaps should encourage you.

Jerm3462 said:
"The Dolphins not only have a headache with Ricky Williams' retirement, but the coaching staff is convinced that A.J. Feeley won't be able to displace Jay Fiedler as the starting quarterback"

I saw this little tidbit on the news and notes section at foxsports.com. This is kinda disheartening if you ask me. I was kind of hoping AJ would start Week #1, just for a change..you know? I like Jay and all but we need a playoff run..change might work..I dunno

By the way I'm Jerm. Dolfan in Maryland (hates Ravens).1st time posting here....found this site about a week ago. And I'm glad I did...I thought the Miami Herald forums was the only place to talk about Dolphins, that place sucks and is a zoo!

Oh, and thanks for the TC reports guys...nice of you guys to report that stuff for us that can't attend.
It's a bunch of bullcrap, Feeley is moving ahead as we speak. Why do you believe everything people write. :shakeno: :shakeno:

Hey Jerm, Welcome aboard!! It's nice to have Fin-fans around the country. I heard Wanny say that the QB battle will be open until week 3 of the preseason... I assume that means we'll know our starter going into the 3rd game. So, if there is anything out there that says otherwise, I am sure it is merely speculation at this point. It's way too early to tell, but based on the Minicamp reports I've heard, it's gonna come down to Feeley being our guy... In my opinion ;)

Even if Fiedler does start week 1 it wont be for long.. He normally goes down about week 5.. So no matter what we will get to see what Feeley is made of..

Although I am of the opinion that Dave Wannstedt would start Fiedler over Michael Vick, Peyton Mannin, Donovan McNabb and/or Tom Brady, it is too early for anyone to call who will start when the season starts. We can all have our opinion. (As you all know, mine is that Wanny will start Fiedler even if Feeley picks up the offense better and better and ends up throwing six TD's to every one of Fiedlers ints in practice and in preseason...Wanny won't admit he was wrong). But it's too early for the media to be starting all this stuff. No one of us really KNOWS anything yet and we won't...til the first game of the year!

I would just love to know what the front office was thinking when all of these quarterbacks where free agents this year and we sign a 3rd string QB from Philly? This is bad office managment at its greatest. Its kinda like they are trying to make us losers this year.

yeah, fiedler will get injured... i wish he would just get hurt now, so sage could get to throw the ball around...

I wonder when FOX got the information for that article. All other recent write-ups on the topic seem to suggest that Feeley has been improving and taking steps to become our starter.

I think Feeley can be our starter still by the season starts, cant wait to see him in preseason

Hey now..I don't beleive everything that is written..but...I kind of expect the truth from organazations like Fox,CBS, ESPN, CNN..etc.... I just have to wonder when a reporter comes out and says "the coaching staff is convinced that Feeley won't unseat Jay"....he either talked to someone in coaching staff..or just made it up...if he just made it up..I would be dissapointed in Fox.

..sorry for the post, if its been in another thread..I'm kinda new..I'll do better at checking threads before I post..

Shamboubou...I thought the same thing..until Owner Wayne Huizenga came out and said he's our next Dan Marino...he sure hasnt looked like it so far..we'll see I guess

Shamboubou said:
I would just love to know what the front office was thinking when all of these quarterbacks where free agents this year and we sign a 3rd string QB from Philly? This is bad office managment at its greatest. Its kinda like they are trying to make us losers this year.

Who was available?

Mark Brunell is performing so poorly in Washington right now that the only reason he would start is the $8 million bonus they gave him.

Kurt Warner? You would rather have a broken down, old quarterback that has lost his ability to grip the football? A QB that is to the point where he hears phantom footsteps when in the pocket and either holds onto the ball too long and gets rid of it too quickly?

Jeff Garcia? Great! Another injury prone quarterback with a limited arm.

Tim Couch? A QB with a big name and nothing more.

Miami simply picked up the young QB that Ron Wolf was advising the Cleveland Browns to pick up. A QB that would have been the Eagles starter in the event Donovan McNabb had to miss significant time. A QB that has good size, a strong arm, and a good head on his shoulders. A QB that is better right now than Matt Hasselbeck was when the Seahawks dealt a 1st round pick for him.

Yeah. I can see why you think Miami made a mistake :shakeno:

GMP-AGAIN said:
Although I am of the opinion that Dave Wannstedt would start Fiedler over Michael Vick, Peyton Mannin, Donovan McNabb and/or Tom Brady, it is too early for anyone to call who will start when the season starts. We can all have our opinion. (As you all know, mine is that Wanny will start Fiedler even if Feeley picks up the offense better and better and ends up throwing six TD's to every one of Fiedlers ints in practice and in preseason...Wanny won't admit he was wrong). But it's too early for the media to be starting all this stuff. No one of us really KNOWS anything yet and we won't...til the first game of the year!

WOOHOO!!! Well put! Fiedler has been Wanny's guy from the start and even if it takes him 20 yrs, he's going to prove to everyone that Fiedler is the guy to take Miami all the way!! Excellent.

Back
Top Bottom