Fiedler is our man again...Fox reports... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler is our man again...Fox reports...

ShamboubouI would just love to know what the front office was thinking when all of these quarterbacks where free agents this year and we sign a 3rd string QB from Philly? This is bad office managment at its greatest. Its kinda like they are trying to make us losers this year. [/QUOTE said:
Agreed!! I would prefer to have any of the following qb's rather than Fiedler.
In no particular order.
Collins, Warner, Brunnell, Garcia.

But Wanny and Spielman got together and said, "lets not wait until free agency and sign these guys without having to give up anything....Lets give up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string qb and hope it works out.."

KBISBACK said:
Who was available?

Mark Brunell is performing so poorly in Washington right now that the only reason he would start is the $8 million bonus they gave him.

Kurt Warner? You would rather have a broken down, old quarterback that has lost his ability to grip the football? A QB that is to the point where he hears phantom footsteps when in the pocket and either holds onto the ball too long and gets rid of it too quickly?

Jeff Garcia? Great! Another injury prone quarterback with a limited arm.

Tim Couch? A QB with a big name and nothing more.

Miami simply picked up the young QB that Ron Wolf was advising the Cleveland Browns to pick up. A QB that would have been the Eagles starter in the event Donovan McNabb had to miss significant time. A QB that has good size, a strong arm, and a good head on his shoulders. A QB that is better right now than Matt Hasselbeck was when the Seahawks dealt a 1st round pick for him.

Yeah. I can see why you think Miami made a mistake :shakeno:
Best post i have read in a long time. It's precise and right on target. I give you props. GREAT JOB. :clap: :clap:

i cant believe people on this board are wishing injury to our starting QB some things i will never understand?

Yes big NAMES were available. Brunell was not available, Ramsey was not available. Couch, Warner,Garcia, Collins are all names that were not wanted by their current teams, no trade value, yet they are better than a kid w/ tools and seems to have the brains, is praised by qb gurus like Wolf and Fassell? Maybe AJ falters, hope not, but at least he doesnt already come w/ excess baggage.

I think AJ will do a good job as long as the o-line gives him time to trow and for that to happen we'll have to be able to run the ball too or else, they'll be coming from everywhere after AJ or any other QB that starts for us. I'm hoping our o-line can get it together cos they're the key to our whole season imo.

Ozzy rules!!

catapano said:
i cant believe people on this board are wishing injury to our starting QB some things i will never understand?

Who wished injury upon him?? I just said that he will be injured by that time because its a trend.. I never said I WISHED it to happen.. Reading Comprehension skillls are your friend! :D

rickeyrunsover said:
Yes big NAMES were available. Brunell was not available, Ramsey was not available. Couch, Warner,Garcia, Collins are all names that were not wanted by their current teams, no trade value, yet they are better than a kid w/ tools and seems to have the brains, is praised by qb gurus like Wolf and Fassell? Maybe AJ falters, hope not, but at least he doesnt already come w/ excess baggage.
Great Post! Now more then ever it seems like this was a good pick. We have a SB shot, but its an outside one. So were in a "semi-rebuliding" stage, and thts the best time to grrom a young QB. And Personally, i take Ron Wolfs oppion over u Feeley-haters:D .

Fiedler is Wany's guy, however, Dave wants to win. He was willing to let Griese be the starter until Griese imploded on himself. I think Feeley will win the starting job and Fiedler will be a competent backup (as he should be). You can't blame Fiedler for wanting to start.

BATMAN said:
ShamboubouI would just love to know what the front office was thinking when all of these quarterbacks where free agents this year and we sign a 3rd string QB from Philly? This is bad office managment at its greatest. Its kinda like they are trying to make us losers this year. [/QUOTE said:
Agreed!! I would prefer to have any of the following qb's rather than Fiedler.
In no particular order.
Collins, Warner, Brunnell, Garcia.

But Wanny and Spielman got together and said, "lets not wait until free agency and sign these guys without having to give up anything....Lets give up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string qb and hope it works out.."

AT the time I think it was a good move, no one knew Warner, Kerry, Garcia were going to be let go..that just doesn't happen, when was the last time you've seen that many starting QB's let go?? Please some of ya'll comments..

im not sold on feeley.i think fiedler should start.i dont know what the dolphins was doing giveing up a 2nd round pick for him.i hope im wrong,but i bet im not.

O.K.O.K.O.K. enough about Fiedler! Hi Dolphin Fans I'm new to the website,but not to football I've been a Miami fan since 72'( I was 8) It's only TC wait til aleast 2 or 3 preseason games and IMO if Feeley is not the starter,then Dave and Rick can look for new jobs together. Because noway you go out a get a 3rd sting QB pay him near starter money to PLAY BACK-UP I'm I right or not?

KBISBACK said:
Who was available?

Mark Brunell is performing so poorly in Washington right now that the only reason he would start is the $8 million bonus they gave him.

Kurt Warner? You would rather have a broken down, old quarterback that has lost his ability to grip the football? A QB that is to the point where he hears phantom footsteps when in the pocket and either holds onto the ball too long and gets rid of it too quickly?

Jeff Garcia? Great! Another injury prone quarterback with a limited arm.

Tim Couch? A QB with a big name and nothing more.

Miami simply picked up the young QB that Ron Wolf was advising the Cleveland Browns to pick up. A QB that would have been the Eagles starter in the event Donovan McNabb had to miss significant time. A QB that has good size, a strong arm, and a good head on his shoulders. A QB that is better right now than Matt Hasselbeck was when the Seahawks dealt a 1st round pick for him.

Yeah. I can see why you think Miami made a mistake :shakeno:

GREAT POST..........:cheer:
YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT... :cheer2: :mdfin: :cpatch:

Garcia is the only QB that was available at any point this season that I would have preferred over Feeley. And his release was the least certain. And so, as has been his pattern, he was proactive. And I support it.

Shamboubou said:
I would just love to know what the front office was thinking when all of these quarterbacks where free agents this year and we sign a 3rd string QB from Philly? This is bad office managment at its greatest. Its kinda like they are trying to make us losers this year.

I would just love to know what YOU were thinking when you decided to use big bright red text. :shakeno:
By the way, I hope you will be here in month to publicly take your foot out of your mouth when Feeley proves to be the real deal. Not to mention Feeley was the BACK UP in Philly last year..........but lets not get into THAT again

Oh and welcome :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom