Fiedler is our man again...Fox reports... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler is our man again...Fox reports...

BATMAN said:
WOOHOO!!! Well put! Fiedler has been Wanny's guy from the start and even if it takes him 20 yrs, he's going to prove to everyone that Fiedler is the guy to take Miami all the way!! Excellent.
And the QB decision will once again lose him his job. Rick Mirer sealed his fate in Chicago and Fiedler will do the same in Miami.

I don't see the attraction with Jeff Garcia. The reason he is no longer in San Francisco is two fold. First, the 49ers knew they couldn't count on his durability considering the way he plays. His body will not handle a full 16 game schedule of him running around in the pocket and spilling his limited guts on the field. Second, the 49ers are in the midst of a complete offensive change. Dennis Erickson is putting his system in, and his system relies more on the downfield passing game. One of Terrell Owens biggest gripes last season was that Garcia couldn't get him the ball when he would go down the field.

If he can't throw the ball down the field in San Francisco, what makes you think he would be able to do it any better than Jay Fiedler if he came to Miami? I really think most of you simply have not watched Garcia play, and the only thing you are going on is the fact that his one pro bowl appearance gives the impression that he is a big name quarterback.

It's just like Kurt Warner. You see former MVP in his bio, and you think he will regain the form. It doesn't matter that over the last two seasons, the guy has shown that he is a shell of his former self.

Tim Couch is a guy who was great in the Hal Mumme/Mike Leach pass happy system, but he didn't translate to the NFL well because he lacks accuracy and arm strength.

Dredd1050 said:
And the QB decision will once again lose him his job. Rick Mirer sealed his fate in Chicago and Fiedler will do the same in Miami.

Revisionist history?

What sealed his fate in Chicago was the fact that he went from Jim Harbaugh, to Steve Walsh, to Erik Kramer, to Dave Krieg, to Rick Mirer, back to Erik Kramer before finishing with Steve Stenstrom.

If anything, the reason he has stuck with Jay is because he played musical chairs with his quarterbacks in Chicago.

KBISBACK said:
Revisionist history?

What sealed his fate in Chicago was the fact that he went from Jim Harbaugh, to Steve Walsh, to Erik Kramer, to Dave Krieg, to Rick Mirer, back to Erik Kramer before finishing with Steve Stenstrom.

If anything, the reason he has stuck with Jay is because he played musical chairs with his quarterbacks in Chicago.
Not really, trading their #1 for Mirer was the last straw. Those other moves were definitely not looked highly upon, but the Mirer move was it.

KBISBACK said:
I don't see the attraction with Jeff Garcia ... I really think most of you simply have not watched Garcia play, and the only thing you are going on is the fact that his one pro bowl appearance gives the impression that he is a big name quarterback.

Not exactly. What sticks out to me is his 2:1 TD-to-INT ratio and that he's NEVER had a year where he threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

That said, he is an injury risk, and I'm not bashing the FO at all for not holding their breath on him.

By the way, KBIS, you're dead-on in your assessment of the Bears situation. Wanny was run out of Chicago because of a string of bad personnel decisions. I still think he will perform better without the GM tag.

Jerm3462 said:
"The Dolphins not only have a headache with Ricky Williams' retirement, but the coaching staff is convinced that A.J. Feeley won't be able to displace Jay Fiedler as the starting quarterback"

I saw this little tidbit on the news and notes section at foxsports.com. This is kinda disheartening if you ask me. I was kind of hoping AJ would start Week #1, just for a change..you know? I like Jay and all but we need a playoff run..change might work..I dunno

By the way I'm Jerm. Dolfan in Maryland (hates Ravens).1st time posting here....found this site about a week ago. And I'm glad I did...I thought the Miami Herald forums was the only place to talk about Dolphins, that place sucks and is a zoo!

Oh, and thanks for the TC reports guys...nice of you guys to report that stuff for us that can't attend.
Has anyone ever told you dont believe everything you hear. Specially if it is from a media outlet.

Yup, it's true... Feidler is our guy!!! Lets just not bother with minicamps and stupid preseason games.... We don't need them... Feidler is "The Chosen One"... Maybe we could simply ask for the Superbowl trophy too while we're at it. They might just give it to us.... Oh wait, that's right I almost forgot, we're destined to have a 2-14 season.... Ok well, there again that proves that Feidler is our guy!!!

Interesting.

I'm listening to 790 The Zone out of Atlanta, and they were talking about the Eli Manning/Kurt Warner thing in New York. Reports out of New York are that Kurt Warner does not look good at all. They say he is really struggling with throwing the deep ball and isn't throwing the ball accurately at all.

This is another guy some of you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom