Fiedler.... or is it teacup? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler.... or is it teacup?

I officially bump this threads rating up from "Lame" to "Stupid". Go down to practice and scream for them to put Lucas in, Lotion.

Originally posted by Miamian
Sometimes the reason that he's been hurt is BECAUSE he plays so tough. Even as a blocker when the team runs a sweep, he'll try to knock the **** out of a defender.

I've seen Favre and Bledsoe do the same.

Fiedler plays his *** off, always plays with heart, but he's too fragile to go a 16+ haul....i don't mean he's a fragile little bitch, I mean his build is small, so he's a bowling pin out there....Size does matter...Bledsoe took 54 sacks(second most in league) and got up after everyone...Rob Johnson would of been down after 9:lol:

There was NO reason to have Fiedler play in a meaningless game against TB with back spasms. This thread is stupid.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Fiedler plays his *** off, always plays with heart, but he's too fragile to go a 16+ haul....i don't mean he's a fragile little bitch, I mean his build is small, so he's a bowling pin out there....Size does matter...Bledsoe took 54 sacks(second most in league) and got up after everyone...Rob Johnson would of been down after 9:lol:

Fiedler's build is the same as Farve's. In fact, among the NFL's starting QBs less than 10 are heavier than Fiedler.

Originally posted by lotion
What's with this guy hurt all the time? How the hell does a pro athlete get a 'back spasm'?
It's a hip, or a back, it sounds like a friggen old man!!!
I like Fiedler but he better tuck that string back into his pants and play ball. I know QB's are little b!tches at heart but he better toughen up for the long haul.

LoL yeah I can tell you really like him! :goof:

Oliver...

Jay was small in 2000, real nerdy looking hahaha. (2000 was his worst injury year)

He's a bit bigger now, and he says he's the strongest he's ever been. Lets just see if that equals durability. I hope it does and I do think the extra time in the weight room helps.

That's true, and just how many seasons has he played for the Bills. I don't think you can say that he got up after every sack in N.E. I seem to remember something about ribs.

Originally posted by fairbanksb

That's true, and just how many seasons has he played for the Bills. I don't think you can say that he got up after every sack in N.E. I seem to remember something about ribs.

he had a shattered blood vessel when mo lewis slammed his helmet into his ribs...it's the only time he's ever missed...you act like it's an ongoing thing...he's as tough as anyone, and I never remember Bledsoe taking that many sacks in New England in one year

he had a shattered blood vessel when mo lewis slammed his helmet into his ribs...it's the only time he's ever missed...you act like it's an ongoing thing...he's as tough as anyone, and I never remember Bledsoe taking that many sacks in New England in one year

True, and to avoid making this a Bledsoe vs Fiedle **** measuring contest in toughness/durability, it should be mentioned that yeah, Feidler does suffer more injuries, and everybody here (except lotion) recognises Jays heart and guts, it should be pointed out that Jay does initiate a lot more contact than bledsoe has during his carreer (except last year where Drew took a pretty good pounding). Jay moves around alot more and does the "mobile QB" thing while Drew is more of a pocket passing gunslinger.

The gunsligers tend to suffer fewer injuries while the mobile guys expose themselves and punish themselves more.

Nobody would call Favre fragile (well, lotion might, but what does he know), but he has a list of injuries that he has played through thats a mile long, the guy took so many painkillers that he got addicted to them for cripes sake.

Fact is that what Jay goes through, every moving QB goes through, and most pocket QB's go through as well. We got pampered with Marino and tended to look past his injuries and nicks (how many surgeries did Danny have on his knee? Anybody else remember that his hip looked like somebody shoved a basketball in there after a game?) because he was the best ever. Perhaps Jay hasn't earned that blind eye we gave Danny, but lets at least grade him on the same level that other QB's get graded on, and the fact is that he is as durable as most QB's in the league.

Originally posted by Muck
It's no secret he has trouble staying healthy. But he implying that Fiedler is not tough and won't gut it out. If you've watched the Dolphins at any time the last 3 years, you know Fiedler is among the league's toughest players.

I don't know. I guess I just take offense to crude posts that are not well thought out to begin with.
Exactly, Jay may be injury prone, but to say he isn't tough doesnt hold any water. If anything he plays when he shouldnt (after an injury). The guy is a leader and tough as nails.

Originally posted by Barbarian

True, and to avoid making this a Bledsoe vs Fiedle **** measuring contest in toughness/durability, it should be mentioned that yeah, Feidler does suffer more injuries, and everybody here (except lotion) recognises Jays heart and guts, it should be pointed out that Jay does initiate a lot more contact than bledsoe has during his carreer (except last year where Drew took a pretty good pounding). Jay moves around alot more and does the "mobile QB" thing while Drew is more of a pocket passing gunslinger.

The gunsligers tend to suffer fewer injuries while the mobile guys expose themselves and punish themselves more.

Nobody would call Favre fragile (well, lotion might, but what does he know), but he has a list of injuries that he has played through thats a mile long, the guy took so many painkillers that he got addicted to them for cripes sake.

Fact is that what Jay goes through, every moving QB goes through, and most pocket QB's go through as well. We got pampered with Marino and tended to look past his injuries and nicks (how many surgeries did Danny have on his knee? Anybody else remember that his hip looked like somebody shoved a basketball in there after a game?) because he was the best ever. Perhaps Jay hasn't earned that blind eye we gave Danny, but lets at least grade him on the same level that other QB's get graded on, and the fact is that he is as durable as most QB's in the league.
well said bro.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Exactly, Jay may be injury prone, but to say he isn't tough doesnt hold any water. If anything he plays when he shouldnt (after an injury). The guy is a leader and tough as nails.
we've had a few go rounds about the injury prone issue. but at least we can stand together on this one. you can say he's injury proned and that can be debated. but there is no debating his heart,courage,leadership and respect from the rest of the guys on his team. and i bet you being a coach. can let this guy know how inportant that is in the locker room and on the field.
great post d-mike

Back
Top Bottom