Fiedler Question? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Question?

I am not really disagreeing with you KB, but Jay had decent #'s particularly in the 4th Q where he was the #1 passer in the AFC. In the 4th Q we did not just run Lamar into the line - so that tells me that there is hope for Jay

I dont know about u guys...Like i told my Brother once( ahard core Giants fan) I' d rather have a guy with less talent but with the balls to win or lose a game, than a guy filled with talent (kerry Collins) with very little will to win!!! In the last two season Jay is only behind KURT WARNER in winning percentage! so i say that's pretty good... (22 - 10)..I THINK JAY IS GOING TO THE PRO BOWL THIS SEASON..as a backup. GO PHINS!!!!!

I guess thats why Jay is the only QB in camp who is impressing people at this point. "Because he isn't a passing QB. His arm is too weak, releaseis too slow, and his ability to go through his progressions is non-existant"

KB, you really should not be so wrapped up in the bashing of Jay. If he comes out and tears it up this year, you are going to look very foolish, and will flat out lose all credibility when it comes to rating players.

I have seen you post some very intelligent stuff, and I think you would be better served to just lay off the Jay Fiedler sucks thing, UNTIL he actually sucks.

Pro-Bowl or not, Jay is a damn good QB. A QB is not just a guy who can chunk the ball 60-70 yards down field. If that was the case, we'd have way more strong armed nimcumpuuts behind center ala Ryan Leaf. No, a QB is a leader, and Jay is a leader, besides that he's smart. No he cant throw the 60 yard bomb and hit the receiver in full stride, but he can damn sure hit him at 30 and watch him run under it! Teams have been cheating Jay, as the Dolphins have been ultra predictable. Two yards and a cloud of dust on first and second usually leads to DB's playing soft with more time to watch Jay and make a break on the ball! I dont know a QB in the league who doesnt have at least one weakness. What Jay lacks in arm strength or delivery flaws or whatever else the naysayers can think of, he more than makes for with HEART!! The will to win, the never say die attitude! Thats what makes him a good QB. Durability shouldnt even be a question in your mind, if his strong suit is ONE thing its durability, like BuddyLee, still cant bust'em! He took a shot to the chops against the Raiders, knocked him silly actually, had teammates trying to hold him up, with a blank glaze in his eyes and still had the presence of mind to FAKE RIGHT, DART LEFT, AND DIVE for the score. Im convinced that whoever says Jay is not a starting caliber QB has either never played the game, or are in Dan Marino withrawal, or are not factoring in the HEART factor! Anyway thats enough about that, and no, theres not a secondary in the Est that we should be scared to attack!

Originally posted by KB21
No.

When they let the reigns off the offense, Fiedler turned into a turnover machine. So, Chan had to reel the offense back in. That's what happened over the last part of the season, and that's why Jay's interceptions were cut down.

How do you figure?? Jay was one of the most succesful QB's running the 2-minute drill last year. That is the time when you really get to see a QB shine, as it is ALL reads. Like I said... on 3rd downs and in the 4th quarter, when he was told to make plays at all costs he did. But, to me it seemed like the coaches weren't GIVING him a second option in the passing game.

The offense was structured away from Jay's weaknesses.

The reason the Dolphins stuck with the running game was because they had to. They weren't going to win if they tried to make Jay Fiedler into a Dan Marino type that can throw it 40 times a game with minimal mistakes. Pro Football Weekly even had an article that stated that very fact, saying that there is a lot Fiedler can't do, but he might be enough if the team can run the football and play defense. They said he HAS to have a running game.

And that is precisely why I don't think he is a starting QB. A QB has to be able to make plays when the running game isn't working, and Jay Fiedler doesn't do that enough. And the reason is quite simple. He just isn't a passing QB. His arm is too weak, release is too slow, and his ability to go through his progressions is non-existant.

That's why he was released from 3 teams. That's why he was never drafted. That's why he sucked in NFL Europe. He only has good numbers because Chan Gailey did a great job of covering up his weaknesses and stressing his strengths, which is his running ability and his ability to throw on the run.

We had a running game last year?? I must not been around for that part... but I saw Fiedler win 12 games last year... most of them with a running game that was nonexistant.

There hasn't been a running game here in 30 years! That should change this year though.

If Jay played for another team, everyone of you would be calling him what he is. A mediocre quarterback who is only starting because the league has very few good QBs.

Joe Kapp was a leader, but he wasn't a good QB. Jay Fiedler is a modern day Joe Kapp.

If Jay played for another team, everyone of you would be calling him what he is. A mediocre quarterback who is only starting because the league has very few good QBs.

Joe Kapp was a leader, but he wasn't a good QB. Jay Fiedler is a modern day Joe Kapp.

:sleep: :sleep: Who the hell is Joe Kapp? Come on man, put down the haterade, and call it like it is. The guy is a winner. You cant even wait till he's a bonafide goat, you've just gotta slam him huh! Well I guess perception is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway while you're booing Jay for winning, I'll be saying I told'em so!:lol:

:monkey: Haterade

Jay isn't winning. The Miami Dolphins are winning.

I guess Damon Huard is a very good QB as well, since the Dolphins were 5-1 with him as the starter.

Who the hell is Joe Kapp is right. Ten years from now, people will be saying the same thing about Jay Fiedler. Who the hell is he?

Jay isn't winning. The Miami Dolphins are winning.

I guess Damon Huard is a very good QB as well, since the Dolphins were 5-1 with him as the starter.

Who the hell is Joe Kapp is right. Ten years from now, people will be saying the same thing about Jay Fiedler. Who the hell is he?
or

who the hell is Tom Brady
who the hell is Doug Williams
who the hell is Mark Rypien
:rolleyes:

KB, you wanted Huard to be the QB over Fiedler when he was here right? Well there is no way that you can say Huard is a better QB than Fiedler. Happy Feet Huard is not that good. Not saying JF is top 10 or anything, but he is better than Huard. If you weren't for Huard and I am confusing you with someone else i apologize.

I agree, the Dolphins and not 1 particular player are winning games, but Fiedler has played a big part in a lot of wins and losses. There were times when he blew it, but there were also times when he saved us.

And having the best 4th qtr rating is impressive, even you must admit that.

No. I didn't want either. Huard has a much better arm than Fiedler, but he has no pocket presence and isn't decisive in making his decisions.

I wanted Jimmy Johnson to trade for Kerry Collins during the 1998 season and let him sit behind Marino for a year before taking over as the starter. I'd feel much better about Miami's chances had that happened.

I don't understand all this Jay bashing. As stated before, he is 22-10 as a starter in the regular season. He led the league in 4th quarter comebacks and 4th quarter QB rating. His picks weren't always his fault. Chris Chambers himself said he was responsible for at least 2. Every QB in the league throws picks, even the grat and powerful Warner. His "mediocre" numbers are a result of conservative playcalling. I know of at least one other team that wasnted Jay if he became a free agent. Steve Spurrier, an offensive guru, obviously thought enough of Jay to think he could handle his run and-shoot-offense. Jay is the most underrated QB in the league, and he will prove it tis year under Norv. Only Jay can stop himself from being in the Probowl this year.

Sorry -

I can't respect a QB that throws the same amount of TD's as INT's. The reason his record is decent is beacuse of the good D that your team has had in recent years

Back
Top Bottom