Fiedler Question? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Question?

Spurrier thinks Danny Wuerfful can start in the NFL. That tells you all you need to know about his ability to evaluate QBs at the professional level.

That was only a rumor because Buddy Teevens was Fiedler's coach at Dartmouth.

Originally posted by Dajesus
As far as the CB question, besides Ty Law I don't fear any CB in the AFC east(Madison & Surtain not included). The Jets(now not last year) and the Bills have very weak secondarys, with the addition of RW it will be very hard for either team to defend Miami's passing game. They will most likely have to keep their safetys up for run support, witch will let CC, Gadsen, and Mcknight or Ward get some favorable match ups.

I have disagree here and I think many Dolphin fans may actually agree with me on this one. Winfield and Clements are two really good man to man CB's. Both hit hard and well. Jenkins and Priouleau are an improvment over Carpenter and Tillman. I think we will be more solid with Wire playing as Nickel back and a extra roaming linebacker. I think we can eliminaate CC and Gadsen from a game forcing the others to step up.

Originally posted by fthefish11
Sorry -

I can't respect a QB that throws the same amount of TD's as INT's. The reason his record is decent is beacuse of the good D that your team has had in recent years

Well you're in for a rude awakening because Drew only threw 4 more TD's than picks in his last full year and he didnt throw as many TD's as Fiedler last year, and was 2 and 2 to begin the last year! Want more................Guess what his ratio was the year before that...................19 TD's to 21 INT's. :lol: :lol:

....but now he's throwing to Moulds, Riemersma, & Centers compared to a bunch of clowns...

Originally posted by fthefish11
....but now he's throwing to Moulds, Riemersma, & Centers compared to a bunch of clowns...

O.K., If you think Terry Glenn, Troy Brown, Shawn Jefferson, and at one point Ben Coates are clowns! He's still doing the throwing though right?

Brown wasn't half as good in those years as he is now, Glenn & Coates was their only receiver, Coates wasn't there in the years that Phin was talking about, & Jefferson's never been good.

And the excuses just keep on comin'. Nevertheless those TD to INT ratios dont lie, and you dont respect QB's that throw the same amount of TD's and INT's, MUCH LESS more picks!

Clements has ability but has yet to prove he can be a shutdown CB yet. Your safeties are still a weakness in my eyes, and Wire was a reach and is light years away from being an Archuleta type. Winfield is very good. Clements could be better and is getting there, but the rest of your secondary is ?uestionable.

Why are you laughing??? Clements is years ahead of Fletcher. If Winfield made more picks instead of tackles he would be a pro-bowler. The safties I agree are bad, but Wire could develop. Then again maybe not. You never know.

How many people think feidler is a bad Qb?

I am not a fan of feidler i hate him with a passion! he is not what the dolphins need to win the Super Bowl. he had thrown over 40ints in his to first seasons including post season. he can npt beat playoff teams this year all the teams that we lost to mad the playoffs. jets, pats, niners, ram, all made the playoffs. Feidler is not a good QB! it frustrates me to watch dolphin games when it is in the 4th Quarter and the game is on the line bc i no that he will blow it! and i dont care about his 22-10 recorded as a starter he maby only won 4 of those games are defense won the rest! he cant even mae good throws i am suprise he threw 20 tds last year bc chambers made him look like an all star.and dolphin fans that like feidler i dont see how he is awful.

I wish we had winfield and clements! Ohio State does not put out bad corners. Those two are both hitters too. Fiedler is very efficient which is good for our offense. Bledsoe has a great arm and he was great when he had coates and curtis martin. Really, Terry Glenn? He's a great talent when he plays which isn't often. If Travis Henry has a break out year which I suspect he will then Bledsoe's numbers go up. Henry ran admirably considering limited carries and the worst OL I've ever seen. He's not Ricky Williams but he's a good back out of Tennessee (Jamal Lewis, James Stewart, Charlie Garner).

I don't think Fiedler is a good QB, but there are worse ones in the NFL (Qunicy Carter, Rob Johnson, etc). I agree w/ you that he can't carry the team on his back & win games like other QB's can. I wouldn't rate him in the top 20 in the league.

I was also very shocked when the Fins gave Fiedler that big contract. I seriously thought that they would try to get a guy like Harrington in the draft, until they traded their 1st rounds to get Rickey.

The Bills D-Line & secondary (safety spots) are the 2 biggest weaknesses on our team right now. Jenkins could be decent, but I'm not sure who's going to take the other spot... Fiedler might have some decent games next year against the Bills (or one would expect him to). If he doesn't, I think a lot of eyes will be open to how good Fiedler really is!

Back
Top Bottom