Fiedler Question? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Question?

Terrel Owens did drop a lot of passes...but he also made A LOT of plays.

Did he have the most balls dropped % wise, or just pure amount wise.

He had almost twice as many receptions, over twice as many yards, and over five times as many TDs. I think the positives beat the negatives.

I like James McKnight, but he did make some damn stupid mistakes. As did Fiedler.

Nope KB nope!

Originally posted by KB21
No.

When they let the reigns off the offense, Fiedler turned into a turnover machine. So, Chan had to reel the offense back in. That's what happened over the last part of the season, and that's why Jay's interceptions were cut down.

... 4 INT's and 11 TD's in the last 7 games and that is when Fiedler was allowed to throw the ball, not before. Sorry try again.

Oliver...

KB, why ignore so blatantly his 4th qrt rating? if he had a bad rating you would be all over the guy.

Give respect where respect is due.

You CAN'T be the #1 rated passer in the 4th QTR by mistake. That is where you lose all aspects of your argument. you can't even give the guy any respect, even tho he was THE BEST 4th qtr QB in the WHOLE league. Please, what do you want him to be, 32nd? get real bro.

Tell me how many times Jay ran out the clock versus how many times he came back against a team.

I'll give Fiedler his due when I see him hit a receiver in dead stride without the receiver having to make any adjustments to the football 50 yards down the field.

I'll give Fiedler his due when I see him stand on the opposite hash mark and throw a 25 yard out pattern on a rope that hits the receiver in the chest.

I won't give him due for having to have receivers to make receptions like this routinely:

clear.gif

Hey Bod-

You cant teach respect, some of us were just born with it, some of us were born to be haters! I dont know what Fiedler has done to this KB guy, but he almost makes it sound personal. I saw EVERY Dolphin game for the last 2 years, and granted Fiedler has made me cuss his a$$ out numerous times.........But at the end of the day, like you said, you have to give credit where credit is due! Fiedler has gotten it done!

or this:

clear.gif

This happens every game. For some reason, we are supposed to expect our receivers to be superhuman and make these catches routinely, but we will accept mediocre play from the QB position.

Hey KB, tell me, when Jay Fiedler hit James McKnight on the shoulder pad, with what would have been a touchdown pass during the Ravens playoff game, does he get your "just due"?

I have no freaking clue as to why you hate this guy so much, but it is borderline obsessive.

Watch the Raiders game tape. Yes the kid threw two picks, he screwed up. But you know what, I saw him throw PLENTY of out patterns in the last two minutes of that game...20 and 30 yards down field. He drove them down, and ran that game when he had too.

Your measure of a QB seems to be arm stregnth, frozen rope this, and hit the guy in stride that, just win me the damn games...get it done. In the six losses we had last season, it was our defense that screwed us most of the time, because they couldn't stop the damned run.

When TERRY ALLEN is running all over our defense...that my friend is a problem.

Oh, I get you KB, you think the receivng position is about the ball coming straight to you. Well, its not!!! Recievers are taught to adjust to the ball for a reason. That reason............the ball doesnt come straight to you all the time! How come you didnt put the picture up of Jay hittin' McKnight in stride and Mcknight just flat out dropping the damn thang, or the picture of Mcknight bobbling the ball on his helmet, and Jets racing down the field. MAN, put the Haterade back in the fridge, would ya'!

Because Jay didn't hit McKnight in stride.

McKnight was running a seam route down the right side hash mark. Jay's throw caused McKnight to bend back inside the hash marks, right to the safety. Had he caught it, it wouldn't have been a touchdown because the safety was right there. Had Jay thrown the pass the way it was supposed to be thrown, leading McKnight up the field on the seam route, then it would have been a TD. In fact, I remember McKnight having to lay out for that ball as well.

But I forget, we have to criticize McKnight for dropping a pass that he had to adjust his route on, but we can't criticize Fiedler for forcing him to adjust his route in the first place.

ummm excuse me, but uh, James McKnight was hit with the damned ball.

Had he CAUGHT it, he would have had to merely lean over the goal line for the TD.

I will break out the tape when I get home from work(as I am late typing this crap) and I will tell you exactly where he was, where the defender was...and we'll just see who is making too much out of this...ok?

see ya

P.S. I play WR in our flag league, and if the ball hits you, you had better catch it. No excuses

Had that been a bullet, it wouldn't have been Jay Fiedler throwing the pass. He is incapable of throwing a bullet pass.

I never saw Joe Montana throw a pass that his receiver had to break his route off to catch. To this day, I don't remember Jerry Rice having to make diving one handed catches in every game like Miami's receivers have to do. In fact, Bill Walsh made them run the same play over and over again until it was perfect. If the ball was 6 inches too far to the left, the play was run again. If it was 3 inches behind the receiver, the play was run again. The ball had to be put right into the receivers hands before they could run another play in practice.

No, I wasn't a receiver. I was an offensive lineman and a linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom