Fiedler Question? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Question?

OK, you didn't say it, but there have been several who thinks that pass was absolutely perfect.

Not every pass that hits the receiver in the hands is considered a catchable pass. When the receiver has to extend beyond his normal range of motion, that falls into the category of being an uncatchable pass according to STATS INC. That's why they have a stat that says almost 70% of Jay's incomplete passes were uncatchable passes.

One more thing Kb KERRY COLLINS ?????HA HA HA HA HA (tears rolling from laughing so hard) Man that is truely assanine!go become a giants fan ! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Kb please stop this the more you talk the more idiotic you sound ..Quite honestly i find you to be an embarressment to the rest of the real fans on this board .. I would only expect this kind of crap from an inbread jets or bills fan so you are taking yourself to a new low..

What keeps being forgotten...

Originally posted by dolfan87
Sherif, not so. I just watched it yesterday 5 times, three in slow motion. it bounced off his shoulder pad, meaning he cut in TOO much. had he just simply cut toward the post just slightly, and put his hands out, it would have hit him directly on the hands.

It really looks like he kind of slipped, and maybe tripped over his own feet actually...but I am sure even he would tell you, he should have caught it.

... here is that in Gailey's system the WR is suppose to make the adjustment to the QB's throw. Specifically the QB is suppose to throw to an area on the field, not the WR.

At some point that has to be remembered and not constantly ignored.

Oliver...

Re: What keeps being forgotten...

Originally posted by Oliver

... here is that in Gailey's system the WR is suppose to make the adjustment to the QB's throw. Specifically the QB is suppose to throw to an area on the field, not the WR.

Oliver...

Excellant point Oliver.

Well KB's argument that the pass pulled McKnight into the safties zone is simply not true. James was closely followed by the DB who was covering him. Jay threw the ball in between the saftey, and the corner covering McKnight. he put it in the best possible place.

Sometimes when your receiver is covered you put it where he can get to it, without the corner being able to knock it down. If the receiver has to adjust...so be it.

It comes right down to this. It's the playoffs, your down 14 points with 8:35 left in the game. Your QB puts the ball where you can get to it for 6 points...James blew it.

That's how I see it.

One last thing, ever watch the QB Challenge? All these stud QB's and half of them miss moving targets down the field. Jay throws it 50 yards, and you expect it to be a yard more to the right...whatever bro.

Re: What keeps being forgotten...

Originally posted by Oliver

... in Gailey's system the WR is suppose to make the adjustment to the QB's throw. Specifically the QB is suppose to throw to an area on the field, not the WR.

Oliver...

Well then these receivers and Fiedler better get alot of work together. Alot of Fieds passes just sail over the receivers heads makes one think he's not that accurate. Oliver, it could just be the timming but I think it's mostly Fiedlers accuracy. Wasn't his first pass against the 9ers intercepted? I believe that was a play the specifically designed all week during practice and Fiedler sailed it over the receiver's head. It's like another poster said, Fiedler's QB rating was 15th in the league and that's exactly how good he is. So what are we arguing about?:eat:

JAY FIEDLER's (6:2, 225 Oceanside, N.Y.) second year as the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins was quite similar to the first: The Dolphins again reached the NFL playoffs, and Jay again received less respect than Rodney Dangerfield for his efforts. With his receivers not experiencing career years, Jay went 273/450, a 60.7 completion rate, for 3,290 yards with 20 TDs, 19 interceptions and an 80.3% QB rating. All of his passing numbers were up from last year, and Jay again showed he could pick up yards rushing going 73/321, a 4.4 yd average, with 4 TDs. If history repeats itself, Jay will again have to nail down his starter's job in training camp, but he received encouraging news when the Dolphins signed him to a $24.5 million, 5-year contract, and more when Coach Dave Wannstedt said "I don't think there is a player on our football team who has had more of an impact in helping us win."

so KB21 - does that mean that we should not alll chip for this:
clear.gif
for your birthday ? ;) :goof:

You can. I'll just proceed to put a match to it.

i think the season really needs to be starting, with the invasion we had this week, i think everybody is getting testy!

Could be...

Originally posted by Sherif

Well then these receivers and Fiedler better get alot of work together. Alot of Fieds passes just sail over the receivers heads makes one think he's not that accurate. Oliver, it could just be the timming but I think it's mostly Fiedlers accuracy. Wasn't his first pass against the 9ers intercepted? I believe that was a play the specifically designed all week during practice and Fiedler sailed it over the receiver's head. It's like another poster said, Fiedler's QB rating was 15th in the league and that's exactly how good he is. So what are we arguing about?:eat:

JAY FIEDLER's (6:2, 225 Oceanside, N.Y.) second year as the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins was quite similar to the first: The Dolphins again reached the NFL playoffs, and Jay again received less respect than Rodney Dangerfield for his efforts. With his receivers not experiencing career years, Jay went 273/450, a 60.7 completion rate, for 3,290 yards with 20 TDs, 19 interceptions and an 80.3% QB rating. All of his passing numbers were up from last year, and Jay again showed he could pick up yards rushing going 73/321, a 4.4 yd average, with 4 TDs. If history repeats itself, Jay will again have to nail down his starter's job in training camp, but he received encouraging news when the Dolphins signed him to a $24.5 million, 5-year contract, and more when Coach Dave Wannstedt said "I don't think there is a player on our football team who has had more of an impact in helping us win."

... I know I'm in no position to say if it's all Fiedler's fault or not, but some sure as heck feel they can.

Everyone knows there are better QB's than Jay, what I find interesting is how Fiedler is not allowed an oportunity to GROW into his game and when he does show improvement some have to deminish it any chance they get.

I think anyone can take one or ten negative plays and attempt to spin their opinion. I can only say as the 2001 season goes it was an improvement over the 2000 season and Jay Fiedler played a HUGE role in the offense and their success in the passing GAME. In fact he Chambers and Minor carried the Dolphins offense last year. Whatever that's worth that's my opinion of last years offense.

Oh and he wasn't 15th he was 11th in QB ratings and 13th ranked over all in the NFL. That's better than AVG, isn't it? Not too bad for a 2nd year starter IMO, but what do I know?

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom