Fiedler Question? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Question?

Heh, why are you expecting Brett Favre ropes. 95% of all QBs EVER can't throw as well as him.

Fiedler's pass did have a curve yes, but it was slight, and it did not take off any speed or zip on the pass. The pass was there quick. It was McKnight's fault. It was not a bad pass in any respect. None of us ever said that Jay has some great arm that's better than everyone elses, but it does have zip on it when he needs to put zip on it.

Mods, if you don't get rid of all these Fiedler haters.....I'm leaving.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Mods, if you don't get rid of all these Fiedler haters.....I'm leaving.:rolleyes:

We need a few JF haters. Who besides the bills do we have to laugh at after this upcoming season?

Oh yeah......the jets.

Originally posted by inFINSible

InFINS...you...are you being SARCASTIC??? lol

I can argue with KB all day long and not delete one post...wanna know why? I will let you guys figure it out.

Originally posted by dolfan87

InFINS...you...are you being SARCASTIC??? lol

I can argue with KB all day long and not delete one post...wanna know why? I will let you guys figure it out.

Oo Oo Oo I know - read tag line:

logo2.gif

grooves12 I"m into defending Fiedler but also into defending Mcknight. That perfect pass against Baltimore was one McKnight had to dive for and it bounced off his facemask. Look at the replay.

Sherif, not so. I just watched it yesterday 5 times, three in slow motion. it bounced off his shoulder pad, meaning he cut in TOO much. had he just simply cut toward the post just slightly, and put his hands out, it would have hit him directly on the hands.

It really looks like he kind of slipped, and maybe tripped over his own feet actually...but I am sure even he would tell you, he should have caught it.

Exactly, Sheriff. That pass pulled McKnight off the seam route right into the safety's zone. Fiedler just doesn't have the arm to throw a go route that actually leads the receiver up the field.

KB, if the ball is near the WR and it hits him in the mask or the shoulders.....HE SHOULD CATCH THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!

Tell me 1 WR that says otherwise and I will show you one WR that isn't in the NFL!

NO DISPUTING THAT! It was catchable ball, plain and simple. I don't care where it should have been, it was a catchable ball.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Actually KB, one last question...what is your solution to the "QB Problem" for this year?

Just curious as to what YOU would have done.

I would have never signed Fiedler in the first place, but since he was here, there were two QBs available that I would have looked into before giving Fiedler that big contract.

Trent Dilfer -- He's everything Fiedler is, except he has the arm strength that will allow us to throw deep consistently. He won't limit the offense. Big, strong, drop back style passer that fits the offense.

Jeff Blake -- Not really my type of QB, but he has one of the best deep balls in the game.

Dilfer signed for $1 million per. Blake signed for $750,000. We could have had either a lot cheaper than the $6 million we are going to give to Jay Fiedler over the next two years.

This team should have done a better job of getting a QB on the roster that actually had the potential to start while Dan was still here.

And of course, my #1 choice was Kerry Collins back in 1998. He's a free agent after this season as well. He'd be very high on my signing list.

So, are you now admitting that it wasn't a perfect pass?

I see all the blame going to McKnight for that, but none of it goes to Fiedler for pulling him off his route with a bad throw. Why is that?

Why should we expect our WRs to contstantly make adjustments on poorly thrown balls while we close our eyes to the quarterback when he is the one forcing the WRs to make those adjustments.

That pass not only pulled McKnight off his route, but it pulled him right into the zone of the safety.

I never said it was a good pass......i am mearly pointed out that when a ball is catchable, you HAVE to catch it, especially in the playoffs!

If you read some of my other posts you will see that I am an adament McKnight supporter.

Kb and dolphinator are delusional fans that have no REAL concept of what a q.b has to do to win in this league ...which fiedler has done with inferior talent on the o-line and in the backfield ...Many here have proven kb wrong in his opinions about jays arm and so forth ... all I can say is we had a q.b that could throw a rope and he didnt win a superbowl!! A guy named bob griese did !!! he had a monster offensive line a killer trio of running backs and he threw maybe 10 15 times a game ,seldom throwing frozen ropes and long balls!!!If you werent a dolphin fan (i think )kb,as a real fan i would like to take ya out back and beat some damned sense into you.Maybe let fiedler throw a couple your way and see just how hard he can throw ... my guess is you would look pretty funny with a football in you friggin ear!! Get a clue or get another team you sorry sack fairweather fans .. we dont need no stinking jay haters ..try focusing on our real problems ...offensive line and wide outs ..tightends and linbackers...hes here (at a bargain price ) for the next two years so deal with it you jayhaters!!!!

By the way kb as a matter of physics ,you can NOT throw a ball completely straight !! Every pass has some sort of arc in it!!! Your argument is completely insane and any REAL q.b would tell you that if ythey ever spoke to your dumb butt!!!!

Back
Top Bottom