Fiedler Question? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Question?

Originally posted by KB21
Had that been a bullet, it wouldn't have been Jay Fiedler throwing the pass. He is incapable of throwing a bullet pass.

No, I wasn't a receiver. I was an offensive lineman and a linebacker.

:lol: I was referring to a bullet from a gun :lol: ! O.K., there seems to be no reasoning with you, maybe its the linebacking background, I dont know a linebacker with patience with QB's! Peace KB, gotta do a little work in between posts, I'll be back though.............Bill Walsh..............Joe Montana.............Perfection..........run it again:lol:

Ok KB...I just reviewed the tape, and I think your going to look rather foolish here.

First off, that pass was from the 50 yard line, on a rope, right to McKnight. James was covered on the back side, so the ball being just a tad in front of McKnight made him adjust to more of a post pattern, HOWEVER, if Jay had thrown it back more, the pass could have been knocked down.

that pass was bobbled on the 3 yard line, thus that means Jay has enough arm to throw on a line 47 yards down field. So don't blow this crap about him not having an arm.

Listen I don't think Jay is the end all be all of QB's, but the kid can play, has won 22 games with his TEAM, and played clean ball throughout the Raven loss. He is still learning, but has improved a lot, and still was good enough to win 11 games with no running game. Peyton Manning couldn't do that last year, and he IS a much better QB...or is he?

Manning might have had a running game but had no D...he was Dolphins Dan circa....outscore to win!

We had no running game, but a good D, they had no D but a good running game. Manning put up more than enough points to win games, so he cannot be questioned....

Our Running game was better than their D, in comparison....and we all know how bad our running game was....

Originally posted by dolfan87
Ok KB...I just reviewed the tape, and I think your going to look rather foolish here.

First off, that pass was from the 50 yard line, on a rope, right to McKnight. James was covered on the back side, so the ball being just a tad in front of McKnight made him adjust to more of a post pattern, HOWEVER, if Jay had thrown it back more, the pass could have been knocked down.

that pass was bobbled on the 3 yard line, thus that means Jay has enough arm to throw on a line 47 yards down field. So don't blow this crap about him not having an arm.

Listen I don't think Jay is the end all be all of QB's, but the kid can play, has won 22 games with his TEAM, and played clean ball throughout the Raven loss. He is still learning, but has improved a lot, and still was good enough to win 11 games with no running game. Peyton Manning couldn't do that last year, and he IS a much better QB...or is he?
just when you thought it was safe to talk about JF w/o a long discussion, it's back :rolleyes: :sleep:

Jay's our QB end of discussion :judge:

I guess my definition of being on a rope and your definition of being on a rope is totally different. Obviously, you're thinking of a very loose rope that has a loop in it, because that pass certainly had a loop in it.

My definition of a pass that is thrown on a rope is some of the passes that Brett Farve zings out there to his receivers. I'd much rather have a QB that breaks my receivers fingers than a QB that puts my QB into a position where they could break their necks. That's what Fiedler does.

I take that challenge:

bledsoe
brady
mcnair
couch
flutie
green
farve
warner
garcia
gannon
culpepper
B Johnson
blake
Plummer
Collins
McNabb
griese
brunell
miller
brooks

Originally posted by fthefish11
I take that challenge:

bledsoe
brady
mcnair
couch
flutie
green
farve
warner
garcia
gannon
culpepper
B Johnson
blake
Plummer
Collins
McNabb
griese
brunell
miller
brooks

You lose.

Bledsoe has not been very good the last few years. He was 0-2 on a team that won the super bowl. He has lost his talent.

Brady has worse statistics than Fiedler and is definitely more limited athletically.

McNair? Please ---- look at the stats. He sucks.

Couch hasn't proven anything. I don't see much talent there.

Flutie is God awful. Even a 1,300 yard rusher couldn't help him.

Trent Green sucks. They're looking to waive him in K.C.

Brad Johnson? Blake? Come on. Collins? Look at the stats, man.

Griese is through. He has no arm and no athletism.

So, even without arguing the other marginal players like Brooks and Miller, Fiedler is already #11.

The only group of these quarterbacks that I would take over Fiedler would be:

farve
warner
garcia
gannon
culpepper
Plummer (I know he has sucked, but I'd still take him over Fiedler)
McNabb
brunell
Manning

That's it bro. I'd take eight quarterbacks over Fiedler.

Originally posted by KB21
I guess my definition of being on a rope and your definition of being on a rope is totally different. Obviously, you're thinking of a very loose rope that has a loop in it, because that pass certainly had a loop in it.

My definition of a pass that is thrown on a rope is some of the passes that Brett Farve zings out there to his receivers. I'd much rather have a QB that breaks my receivers fingers than a QB that puts my QB into a position where they could break their necks. That's what Fiedler does.

No one, and I mean no one except Brett Favre, throws as hard as Brett Favre. Michael Vick MIGHT, but I would have to see them both clocked.

It is completely unreasonable to expect any other QB to throw the ball as hard as Brett.

KB, if you even have the playoff game on tape, go back watch the film...that pass was 47 yards, and it was no lob pass by any stretch. He zinged it, and McKnight couldn't handle it.

Hey tell you what, go back and look at the Jets debacle of 2000. He hit Leslie Shepard in stride at the back of the endzone with a rope from 30 yards out. Now if he can do it, why question his arm?

Again, I've seen those passes, and I do not consider them to be ropes thrown in there. Passes thrown on ropes don't have parabolic curves in them. Jay Fiedler's passes have parabolic curves in them.

Even Oronde Gadsden made the comment that he will have to look to see who is throwing the ball to him when he gets back to practice because he says Lucas could really do some damage as hard as he throws it. Basically, that means that he's not worried about Fiedler throwing it hard because Fiedler can't throw it hard.

Well KB, let's just leave this to the season. Us arguing about it isn't going to make anything real.

Your saying this is his telling year, let's just watch and see.

Actually KB, one last question...what is your solution to the "QB Problem" for this year?

Just curious as to what YOU would have done.

Back
Top Bottom