Fiedler Supporters? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Supporters?

Ok this is all I will say. Fidelr isn't the most talented, and yes his ears are big...

Anyhow, he wins games. Who else is a viable option at this point? Griese stubbed his toe and was out two months. Rosenfels has still only thrown three passes in regular season contests. Thats it. Fiedler is our best option and until he starts faltering to the point where he is hurting us more than helping, we ride him and Ricky as far as we can.

Jay has so much heart. He keeps a level head, which is what you want with a qb. He forgets his mistakes and doesn't hold onto his successes. He is always thinking ahead and concentrating. Not to mention he helps out the running game and can throw a mean block.

Personally, my respect for Fiedler has grown immensly from when he first go here. I couldn't stand the s.o.b. his first seaon. However, over the past few years I have been won over buy his grit and determination. Need I remind anyone of how this team looked without him last year? I don't think this team believes in another QB as much as they do Jay.

Interview any teammates of his and they have nothing but praise for him. If the team has confidence in him, than so do I.

Fiedler is the teams weak link........PERIOD! He gift wrapped two today.... luckily the Giants didn't take advantage. I get shivers down my spine every time he drops back to pass. Our passing game will continue to be a joke with him at the helm. Chambers is our only deep threat & it doesn't even matter cause we all know Fiedler can't throw the deep ball. How many times has he missed wide-open receivers deep this year? Answer: way to many.

Originally posted by DanTheMan
Fiedler is the teams weak link........PERIOD! He gift wrapped two today.... luckily the Giants didn't take advantage. I get shivers down my spine every time he drops back to pass. Our passing game will continue to be a joke with him at the helm. Chambers is our only deep threat & it doesn't even matter cause we all know Fiedler can't throw the deep ball. How many times has he missed wide-open receivers deep this year? Answer: way to many.

Our weakest link(s) is our depth at OLINE, our punter(even with Turk), and a consistant #2 receiver. This Jay can' throw deep crap this total bull$hit. He overthrows a lot, timing just isn't there. It should be but it isn't. Calling for him to be benched is stupid, it could really disrupt the team as a whole. Hey we are 3-1, but we need to bench Jay so Griese can show is stuff!?!? It's just stupid. Maybe Maddox should be benched too, along with Kerry Collins, Vinny Testaverde, Jon Kitna, MCNABB, Harrington, Boller....need I go on. These guys have all been talk about benching(the exception is Collins, but after him throwing 3 picks today i thought I would add that in since some think we should bench Jay who didn't throw any picks today).

What I really hate the most is that there are some people on this board that can't wait for Jay to get hurt to Griese can play. Not going to mention any names, you know who you are, but it's very sad and disheartening that some people actually think that.

i will always support fiedler because he knows the offense so well and has so much heart and when we need a 3rd down conversion, he makes it happen most of the times this season, if he stays healthy and let´s face it he played against a tough d that has underachived so far this season, not many teams in the league could do what the giants defense did yesterday, he will have better games, i absolutely sure about that

Watch the tape, when Jay did have time they blanketed the receivers. Most of the time Jay was under pressure. I was yelling at Jay the first half, he was trying to do too much, that I think is what his problems have been, he is trying to hard to be that qb that does everything. The second half you saw the change, he was 7-9 and made several key third down passes keeping drives alive. Jay has to just play within himself and he is fine. Our o-line needs to play better, ricky getting hit in the backfield and jay getting hit all day is what is concerning.

Griese went to the probowl so he is the answer? so? He did it once while playing for a team that had 3 receivers good tes and great backs and a great o-line and he had one good year, doesnt show me he is the answer. Jay is our best option THIS YEAR. Next year Sage should get a shot, he has the arm and the brains, as well as the confidence.

the thing that is wrong with you assumption Muck is your assuming we would have lost based on those ints, yes they were bad decisions, but those did not happen on our td drives, only one would have prevented points. Our defense played well yesterday so to say those ints would have cost us teh game is assuming the defense would have failed. Giants defense played very well yesterday, you have to give them some of the credit for Jay not having a great day.

I think some of the problem with people and Jay, is that Jay will never be a qb that strikes fear in opponents and doesnt have the great physical talent so there is a natural worry that he cant get it done. The problem is he does, yes he makes mistakes, borne out of his confidence, but he also makes plays and comes thru when needed. Yes he will make bad throws, some at crucial points. I ask you to step back and look at other qbs and name me one who doesnt, you cant, because they all do.

Yesterday we played a very good team, not the best, but a good team in their house and won. Ricky had 39 yards rushing total, we had one trick play resulting in 7 points, 16 points were generated from straight up offense, Jay throwing. The defense helped by getting turnovers, setting teh offense up. Isnt that what defenses do? Isnt that what TB does for its offense? Didnt they win a super bowl that way? This teaam is not set up to be a high powered quick scoring offense, we can at times, but we will not be a quick scoring team week in week out. we play ball control physical football that looks to win in the fourth quarter, we did that the last 3 games. Houston was an anomally, we hadnt gelled and took them lightly. The best thing about it was we learned from it. I actually look at yesterday as a bettr game for Jay, why? because he got better as the game went on. He was near perfect in teh 4th.

Originally posted by Muck
MD and B, you guys might be right. I watched the first half pretty closely. But the 2nd half I got busy with the chat room and honestly was very distracted. So I will see definitely get a better idea tonight.

That's exactly why I don't frequent the chat room during the game. Preseason? Sure... Real games? NO!!

I know you guys miss me...:D

Originally posted by FinFan84
Listen. Im just as gald as anybody else we won, but Im very concerned about fiedler. Evry time he drops back to pass, Im thinking bad thoughts. He doesnt look good, plain and simple. Why the undying devotion to him, dont you want to win the Super Bowl, which wont happen with Fiedelr I believe. Its time to at least consider using Greise as some point.

I Know you will all bitch, not another fiedler thread, but if anybody is dragging this team down, it will be him, its uncomfortable to watch him pass.

Nah Fielder look like **** yesterday, but then again the recievers dropped key balls and Fiedler made some nice plays, that timing route to Ricky was Awesome.

Stop going after the easy target to blame and thats the QB, our offensive line looked horrid and thats what concerns me, cause if ricky cant run we have no shot.

i think some people would rather lose pretty than win ugly...

anyone who suggests that someone else should play qb for the fins this year is not being reasonable and/or has no understanding of what it takes to play qb in the nfl. even if griese was hands down the more gifted qb, his lack of time in the offense would result in him playing worse than fiedler's worse day this year.

besides, fiedler was 11-5 two years in a row handing it off to lamar smith.

fiedler hasn't looked good, but i believe it'll start to look better.

Back
Top Bottom