Fiedler the man | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler the man

tofishfan

Starter
Reaction score
Ok so I may be stepping into the fire here but why not!

Put it all together and it just seems that whenever Jay goes down, so does this team.

I thought they had things solved by signing Griese, but his lack of mobility and sense (ie. he just doesn't seem to be aware of back side pressure).

Is it just a coincidence?

Weigh in people :eek:

The thing I like about Fiedler is his ability to create on his own. I know that may shock some people but he can. Griese is a pure pocket passer who needs some beef upfront to be effective. Fiedler can manage a game like no other and make some plays with his feet.

If we could only put Griese's accurate arm onto Fiedler's body... :(
Can someone call those doctor's from Nip/Tuck? Thye seem to be up for any kind of surgery and are based in Miami. :lol:

32-14........32-14......................32-14.................32-14...........

Where did I here those numbers?

Originally posted by Samphin
Fiedler can manage a game like no other

I agree with your post but a lot of QBs are better than Fiedler. Even tough he can make plays with his feet I rather have someone who can make it with his arm (and feet).

I think there's truths to be pointed out on both sides here. Fiedler's backups are a collective 3-6 with last year and this year combined. These are the same backups that some people would rather have start the team while Fiedler is what 31-15 (not sure)? HOWEVER, I also don't feel that he has everything it takes to make Miami a truly elite team and go all the way. I think he can be the quarteback of a Superbowl winning team but it won't be because of his play.

GoToGuy, I agree. I am by no means a Fiedler apologist. I realize their are tons of more talented QB's out there, I just think Jay is best suited for this team out of the options we currently have. The offense as bad as it has been all seaosn, just seems to have more confidence in itself when he is in their. Chambers seems frustrated with the lack of balls thrown his way. Konrad hasn't been getting the ball and Ricky went from doing poorly to basically non existant under Griese. For my two cents worth, I want Fiedler in there.

There may be better out there but if we want to salvage any of this season, then Fiedler is the guy.

Does anyone know if he starts on Sunday?

It's looking so far as if Griese will start again because Jay is not completely healed yet.

Originally posted by tofishfan
Yikes with the Ravens D that could mean more of the same

I beg to differ. I don't see BG getting hit and dropping the football a whole lot this game against the Ravens. Its just my little voice telling me that this will be the game that the Dolphins come out in the 1st half, score score score, come in the 2nd half and put the game away.

Jay is ok, but I've been spoiled by Marino.

Look stop flashing his record around, yes he can beat the average to below average teams - With mainly the help from the Defense.

Track back and see who the loses were against.
Teams that can score points, and/or teams with comparable D's

We need a QB - Offense that can average at least 24 points.
This would give us a better chance against the likes of Chiefs, Titans & Colts, and sure wins against teams like the Pats, Bills & Broncos.

Back
Top Bottom