Fiedler the man | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler the man

Originally posted by Phinz1972

I beg to differ. I don't see BG getting hit and dropping the football a whole lot this game against the Ravens. Its just my little voice telling me that this will be the game that the Dolphins come out in the 1st half, score score score, come in the 2nd half and put the game away.

Thats exactly what I "felt" was gonna happen last week.... I hope your "feelings" are more accurate than mine.

"STOCK DOWN: Brian Griese--Brian had 5 turnovers this week. Three interceptions and 2 fumbles. I thought Griese was going to cut down on the turnovers from the quarterback position? "

" How is Brian Griese a better quarterback for this football team? "

"Final Thoughts: Looks like the Fins didn't wait till December to start the collapse this season. The Dolphins offense is regressing under Griese each week. Not that all the blame is to be pinned on Brian but some of his decision making is no better than Fiedler's. I don't think it matters who the quarterback is for this team to be honest. Both are nothing special and neither are going to win you a game on their own. Fiedler can make plays with this feet and Brian can give you the big pass; yet both make too many mistakes are turnovers waiting to happen. "

BRING
BACK
FIEDLER
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Thats exactly what I "felt" was gonna happen last week.... I hope your "feelings" are more accurate than mine.

I hope my feeling is more accurate too. If I have to turn off the game durning the start of the 2nd half again, I will be beyond p*ssed off, but will still cheer for the Phins.

Originally posted by KenCalo
Jay is ok, but I've been spoiled by Marino.

Look stop flashing his record around, yes he can beat the average to below average teams - With mainly the help from the Defense.

Track back and see who the loses were against.
Teams that can score points, and/or teams with comparable D's

We need a QB - Offense that can average at least 24 points.
This would give us a better chance against the likes of Chiefs, Titans & Colts, and sure wins against teams like the Pats, Bills & Broncos.

Well....wouldn't EVERY team want a QB and offense that can score at will? Of course! I know that Fiedler's Win/Loss record can be skewed a little bit but the fact is that wins are wins and he sure has a lot of them. He just knows how to do it.

And of course the losses are against teams that could score or had comparable D's...wouldn't you rather loose to a good team than a bad one? HOWEVER, I will agree that he hasn't shown much in the way of performing when it's truly needed (with some regular season exceptions). He has only ever won 1 playoff game that was game was ALL Lamar Smith. With the current state the team is in now, Fidler is the team's only answer but if this season ends the same way then someone else needs to step in and lead this team.

Don't kid yourselves, the Dolphins would have dropped those last 2 games no matter who the QB was.

In Griese's defense I would say that if Fiedler played the 3 games that Griese played, this is what would happen -

Against San Diego - we would win even though Fiedler would not look as good as Griese passing the ball. But a win is a win.

Against Indy - we still loss because while Fiedler would not fumble like Griese did I think, but he definitely would not have made the downfield throws and touchdowns that Griese made

Against Tennesse - we would lose no matter what because the "whole" team did not show up to play, Fiedler or Griese does not matter.

So before we claim that when Jay goes down, so do we, keep this in mind and I do not think I am irrational on the points above.

This is the reason some people want Griese to play 6 games like Fiedler to really judge how he plays. Also keep in mind Fiedler played some of the worst pass defenses in the league like Jags, Giants (when we played them atleast), Houston and even Buffalo (pass def.) On the contrary Griese played San Diego which belongs with these bad pass defenses.

We may never know but put Griese in the 6 games Fiedler played and I do not think he or the Team would do any worse than Fiedler did with the Team.

what???

are you guys insane?? you want fieldler back?? so what if fiedler can run around parallel to the line of scrimmage, he can NEVER make the big plays when this team needs him. look at every game at the end of the last 3 seasons. he had four ints and a fumble against oakland, baltimore, and new england to end the last 3 seasons. he has beaten mediocre teams with good DEFENSE and effective RUNNING GAME.
griese may have had a really poor last 2 games, but if anything, he has exposed the catastrophic play of the offensive line. fiedler, on the otherhand, just covered it up.
fieldler will not help this team win games. everybody knows how much the offensive line sucks now, where as when fieldler was playing, nobody had an opinion on them.
griese is the medicine this team needs right now. the whole team now knows that the o-line has to step it up. and i think they will.
and you can forget about fielder. he will never get this team to a championship, whenever hes called on to make the play, he blows it. period.

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
32-14........32-14......................32-14.................32-14...........

Where did I here those numbers?

Go and check KURT WARNER's record, then come back to me! :rolleyes2

Re: fielder

why the hell is he still a member?

EDIT: He's gone.

"griese may have had a really poor last 2 games, but if anything, he has exposed the catastrophic play of the offensive line. fiedler, on the otherhand, just covered it up. "

That's all we're saying!! We need Jay out there so we can have a sembolance of an offense. If we had a better offensive line, Griese would be the man, but the team needs Jay asap, or they better start blocking better. Jay covered up just how bad the line was.

dude.. jay fieldler wont help you win!! the dolphins wont score over 3 points if he plays. if fieldler plays.. then next week we will be talking about how much olindo mare stinks..
quit the blame game.. and keep griese.. put some fire under those punk offensive lineman, and we have a team again

Fiedler is a proven winner. Griese is not and he folds when the game is on the line. Griese also turns the ball over way too much. Fiedler is the QB for this team.

Back
Top Bottom