Fiesta Bowl: Boise St vs Oklahoma | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiesta Bowl: Boise St vs Oklahoma

Exactly! they REP the bigeast and will be playing ECU....GO BULLS!

spydertl79 said:
Because OU is good, but with Peterson gone they have no draw. Also, this will probably piss you off, but Boise State is a joke. Sure they're undefeated but with that schedule any of the top 10 BCS teams would have gone undefeated. I'm sure you have made up a great argument for Boise State because of how often you have to defend them getting a BCS bowl so let's hear it.

First off USC lost to Oregon State so your logic of "the top ten teams would have gone undefeated" is allready faulty.

Second off Boise has thoroughly dominated it's conference for the last 5 years like no other team has in recent history.

Lastly they are a 1-A team and under the BCS guidelines they are awarded an "At Large" bid for being a non-BCS conference and finishing ranked 12 or higher or ranked higher than a BCS conference champion.

I know how much it irks you BCS conference peeps that Boise can break your system, but it is a system that the BCS set up.

Rafiki said:
First off USC lost to Oregon State so your logic of "the top ten teams would have gone undefeated" is allready faulty.

Second off Boise has thoroughly dominated it's conference for the last 5 years like no other team has in recent history.

Lastly they are a 1-A team and under the BCS guidelines they are awarded an "At Large" bid for being a non-BCS conference and finishing ranked 12 or higher or ranked higher than a BCS conference champion.

I know how much it irks you BCS conference peeps that Boise can break your system, but it is a system that the BCS set up.
I'm aware of the system and I know that is why Boise gets a BCS bowl. However, you never addressed the fact that Boise St. is a joke. Also: you beat Oregon St in week 2 at home while USC lost to them in Oregon.

Do you honestly believe that if Boise St. was in a BCS conference that they would be in a bowl at all?

spydertl79 said:
I'm aware of the system and I know that is why Boise gets a BCS bowl. However, you never addressed the fact that Boise St. is a joke. Also: you beat Oregon St in week 2 at home while USC lost to them in Oregon.

Do you honestly believe that if Boise St. was in a BCS conference that they would be in a bowl at all?

I never addressed the "fact" that Boise St. is a joke? Come on, now stop being so incessant and inflammatory with your argument style. Contained in this thread is comparisons between Oklahoma and Boise state in which on paper they are very comparable. They played opponents with similar win/loss ratios and won games against similarly powered offenses.

I think you're just upset that the BCS set up these rules in the first place. I mean first Utah whooping Pitt now Boise wants to take another BCS school down a notch? It must be unbearable.

Its unbearable that a team that played hardly anybody during the regular season ends up in a bcs bowl. Thats what is unbearable. I could honestly care less if pitt got the crap kicked out of them. Good, they deserved it. Almost any team in the Big east could have played your schedule and won every game. Do they deserve a BCS bid?

FLOUNDER said:
Its unbearable that a team that played hardly anybody during the regular season ends up in a bcs bowl. Thats what is unbearable. I could honestly care less if pitt got the crap kicked out of them. Good, they deserved it. Almost any team in the Big east could have played your schedule and won every game. Do they deserve a BCS bid?

:boohoo:

The truth comes out behind the motivation on the Boise State bashing posts.

Can you say... "jealousy"?

Rafiki said:
I never addressed the "fact" that Boise St. is a joke? Come on, now stop being so incessant and inflammatory with your argument style. Contained in this thread is comparisons between Oklahoma and Boise state in which on paper they are very comparable. They played opponents with similar win/loss ratios and won games against similarly powered offenses.

I think you're just upset that the BCS set up these rules in the first place. I mean first Utah whooping Pitt now Boise wants to take another BCS school down a notch? It must be unbearable.
Oklahoma is probably the 2nd worst team in a BCS bowl and yet they will still annihilate Boise State. Yes, Boise State wants to beat a BCS team, but they won't. If you would like to place a wager on your team than I would be willing to take that bet...

:boohoo:

The truth comes out behind the motivation on the Boise State bashing posts.

Can you say... "jealousy"?

I know, isint it a shame a team gets in to a BCS game because they play absoloutley nobody during the regular season and when they end the season undefeated, they start talking like there the best team in the land.... Truly, i cant wait til you guys get demolished in the Fiesta Bowl by Oklahoma

FLOUNDER said:
I know, isint it a shame a team gets in to a BCS game because they play absoloutley nobody during the regular season and when they end the season undefeated, they start talking like there the best team in the land.... Truly, i cant wait til you guys get demolished in the Fiesta Bowl by Oklahoma

Just because you arent in a BCS conference doesnt mean you cant win a BCS game.

Obviously some voters (obviously with more info and expertise than you or I) obviously think they are a good enough team to deserve this.

And what exactly do you plan on saying if Boise keeps it close or wins.

FLOUNDER said:
I wont have to worry about that will I?
Do you remember an undefeated Utah (who played no one) beating up on Big East champ Pitt two years ago?

FLOUNDER said:

:sidelol:

Jesus, the hypocrisy of some Big East fans!

Unbelievable!

finswin56 said:
Do you remember an undefeated Utah (who played no one) beating up on Big East champ Pitt two years ago?

while I understand what ur trying to point out

but do you honestly think OU is worse or as good as Pitt that year?

AirFishOne said:
while I understand what ur trying to point out

but do you honestly think OU is worse or as good as Pitt that year?
No, I think OU is a very good team. But, let's not just discount a teams chances so early.

Back
Top Bottom