Figuring out Ricky's salary | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Figuring out Ricky's salary

Philter25 said:
I would guess Travis Henry at 1.2 million this year. I cant think of anyone else in the NFL who has a higher RB but I didnt check every team... just off the top of my head.

Jerome Bettis makes 1.2mil this year also BTW.

Therefore I will go back to my original post, paying Ricky around 1 million a year for 2-3 years and letting him keep his 8.6 million sounds like a good deal from both POV's.

Thanks, Phil. That's what I was thinking.

Dolphalou said:
This is simple, Ricky still owes the Dolphins 8.6M and he is under contract for the next three years and his salary is 3.7M a year ...

(3.7M * 3) minus 8.6M = that's 800K a year ....

Let's give him 1M a year plus incentive to be nice....

Or we could give him 750 and tell him to never screw us again.

I agree about not giving him a signing bonus. That well really piss me off if we do that. He needs to earn his salary.

dean_siu said:
Thats exactly why I advocated trading Ronnie.....it just doesn't make sense to pay a back that much money when he'll probably get 150 or less carries for the entire season. He's an unproven prospect that still has value and we'd be wise to cash in on it now.

Your problem is you are thinking short term. The reality is that Ricky will likely not be staying around more than two years and has even said that he "thinks" he has two more years in him. I disagree that ricky will be taking 70% of the snaps for the final 12 games of the season. I think his percentage of carries will be largely based on how Ronnie does in the first four games. Even if Ronnie were to be average in the first four games and Ricky were to get higher percentage of the snaps starting in game five, I believe Ronnie will steadily get increased playing time throughout the rest of the season and eventually more playing time than Ricky.

Aside from the fact that Ricky still owes money to the Dolphins, until he proves that he is as good as before, I don't think he is worth anymore than veteran minimum.

Personally, I think Ricky is being allowed to play again just so the Dolphins can increase his trade value. In my opinion, Ricky is no longer considered a full time starter by the Dolphins and their time will be split 60% Ronnie, 30% Ricky, 10% between Kay Jay and Lamar Gordon on the average of the full season.

Just my opinion though...

Back
Top Bottom