Film Study: Poling And Armstrong | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Study: Poling And Armstrong

You all act like miami is the only team in the NFL to do that. Most do.

It's just so stupid for a player you're counting on in a preseason game. Stuff like this breaks the risk vs reward machine.

Reps for specials in the preseason should be taken by guys trying to snag backup roles. That's how many are getting the gigs in the first place. I also get that other teams do it but that doesn't mean I can't come up with 5 good reasons not to for each of their 1.

And I'd still put $$$ on him being on specials again this preseason. The humanity ...

Back to the article while I get the special team gig I want players that will fill the backup rolls first, specials second. Akins and Lucas are fine specials but not backups. Micheal Thomas could do both so thats what we need. McMillian, Lippett even Ryan T all went down non contact it happens. Thars why you needs great backups who can play ST.

Back to the article while I get the special team gig I want players that will fill the backup rolls first, specials second. Akins and Lucas are fine specials but not backups. Micheal Thomas could do both so thats what we need. McMillian, Lippett even Ryan T all went down non contact it happens. Thars why you needs great backups who can play ST.

Michael Thomas is a stand up guy and is easy to like but he was the worst safety in football when he had to play defense. Much better nickel but still awful overall. I was always confused how someone so smart could take such tragic angles when he was forced to react ... like depth perception was a 4th dimension.

Wish him luck and all but not gonna miss him.

Michael Thomas is a stand up guy and is easy to like but he was the worst safety in football when he had to play defense. Much better nickel but still awful overall. I was always confused how someone so smart could take such tragic angles when he was forced to react ... like depth perception was a 4th dimension.

Wish him luck and all but not gonna miss him.
I was thinking about the nickle when I posted and that Akins and Lucas are worse than Thomas. Upgrades are needed for sure.

It's just so stupid for a player you're counting on in a preseason game. Stuff like this breaks the risk vs reward machine.

Reps for specials in the preseason should be taken by guys trying to snag backup roles. That's how many are getting the gigs in the first place. I also get that other teams do it but that doesn't mean I can't come up with 5 good reasons not to for each of their 1.

And I'd still put $$$ on him being on specials again this preseason. The humanity ...

I looked at regular season snap counts for special teams.

Here are players who had snaps: Godchaux, Jordan Phillips, Charles Harris, Bobby McCain, Suh, Tankersly, Xavien Howard, Cam Wake.

I was thinking about the nickle when I posted and that Akins and Lucas are worse than Thomas. Upgrades are needed for sure.

Every team has those players though. Most teams' players on the bottom of the depth chart are significantly worse than the starting talent. There isn't a single 6th cornerback on a NFL team that would grade out well if forced to start.

One thing I will agree with is that after you see those players for a few years and you know they won't see regular field action, you should replace them. Unless they're superb at what they do on special teams. Aikens is fantastic on special teams, but I feel like Lucas can be replaced by more youth.

I'm excited to see Torry McTyer this year and see if he can earn himself some more playing time. I'm also kind of curious who will be the backup at FS.

I looked at regular season snap counts for special teams.

Here are players who had snaps: Godchaux, Jordan Phillips, Charles Harris, Bobby McCain, Suh, Tankersly, Xavien Howard, Cam Wake.

Preseason. Are preseason reps on specials so important that it's worth risking a starter? I don't even like it in the regular season but at least can get behind the logic. The reps for specials in those meaningless games should go to the abundance of players scratching and clawing for a rare shot at making an NFL roster. Why wouldn't the franchise be trying to see what they have to work with on their own roster in live(ish) action? Who cares if they score ... seeing who you have that can stop is what you're looking for.

The cons outweigh the pros by a mile in this case. Hindsight agrees.

Preseason. Are preseason reps on specials so important that it's worth risking a starter? I don't even like it in the regular season but at least can get behind the logic. The reps for specials in those meaningless games should go to the abundance of players scratching and clawing for a rare shot at making an NFL roster. Why wouldn't the franchise be trying to see what they have to work with on their own roster in live(ish) action? Who cares if they score ... seeing who you have that can stop is what you're looking for.

The cons outweigh the pros by a mile in this case. Hindsight agrees.

Whether or not you agree with it doesn't negate the fact that the NFL is operated like that.

Back
Top Bottom