Fin Fan Since the Beginning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin Fan Since the Beginning

A-dam48

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hello to all on this board. I've been a long time reader, 10+ years, enjoying all that is said, good and bad (sometimes), about our beloved FINS.

I've been a resident of SFla since 1953, moving here from upstate NY, with my parents and little sister.

Saw my first UM game in October 1954, against Alabama, in the Burdine Bowl (We Won). The name was changed a few years latter to the Orange Bowl.

Saw my first Dolphin game in October 1969, in the Orange Bowl, against the bills (we won). This historic game in Dolphin lore, started our streak of 20 consecutive wins against bills with OJ never rushing for over 100 yds. This was also the breakout game of a "Too Small Linebacker" we had traded for in the off season. Some on Talk Radio and in the local newspapers were beginning to call this a poor trade. However, after this game, NICK B was never doubted again. That game, he was everywhere or at least it seemed like it.

I was a fan from the very beginning, but the 3 years prior to this game, I was a guest of My Uncle Sam and was not in this country much less SFla. The day Joe Robbie stole "The Don", from the colts, my Dad and five of his lodge members all drove to Miami and bought four season passes each. My Dad said that Shula was going to turn the FINS into winners. How right he was. I have many great memories of tailgating , with the Winnebago, before and after the games through the 1960s, 70s & 80's.

I look forward to continue reading all the opinions of the posters on this site and now I can even make a comment once in while. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!

Hello to all on this board. I've been a long time reader, 10+ years, enjoying all that is said, good and bad (sometimes), about our beloved FINS.

I've been a resident of SFla since 1953, moving here from upstate NY, with my parents and little sister.

Saw my first UM game in October 1954, against Alabama, in the Burdine Bowl (We Won). The name was changed a few years latter to the Orange Bowl.

Saw my first Dolphin game in October 1969, in the Orange Bowl, against the bills (we won). This historic game in Dolphin lore, started our streak of 20 consecutive wins against bills with OJ never rushing for over 100 yds. This was also the breakout game of a "Too Small Linebacker" we had traded for in the off season. Some on Talk Radio and in the local newspapers were beginning to call this a poor trade. However, after this game, NICK B was never doubted again. That game, he was everywhere or at least it seemed like it.

I was a fan from the very beginning, but the 3 years prior to this game, I was a guest of My Uncle Sam and was not in this country much less SFla. The day Joe Robbie stole "The Don", from the colts, my Dad and five of his lodge members all drove to Miami and bought four season passes each. My Dad said that Shula was going to turn the FINS into winners. How right he was. I have many great memories of tailgating , with the Winnebago, before and after the games through the 1960s, 70s & 80's.

I look forward to continue reading all the opinions of the posters on this site and now I can even make a comment once in while. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!
Welcome A-dam48, we're glad you're here, welcome to the family! Go Phins! :fh

Welcome A-dam48. Great story, makes me jealous. I so wish I was raised in Miami to see those SB winning seasons in person. Trust me, I was following them as a kid out here. Alas, I had to wait til I was 20 in 1986 to see my beloved Dolphins live (in SD) and while I've been to a half dozen games out West here, I need to get to Miami and watch us at home. Glad to have you here man, post away!

Welcome A-dam48. Great story, makes me jealous. I so wish I was raised in Miami to see those SB winning seasons in person. Trust me, I was following them as a kid out here. Alas, I had to wait til I was 20 in 1986 to see my beloved Dolphins live (in SD) and while I've been to a half dozen games out West here, I need to get to Miami and watch us at home. Glad to have you here man, post away!
Thank you for the warm greeting. I feel very lucky to have been part of the Dolphins early history. I also know how it feels to follow the Fins from afar as I split time between my residence here in SFla and a business I stumbled upon in the Netherlands (Holland) for 20 years (1987-2007). I can remember staying up until 03:00 in order to catch a Monday night game, on the internet, that wouldn't end until 06:30, just in time for work.. Or even a late Sunday game started at 22:00 and didn't end until 01:30. I thank my stars that I had a fantastic Dolphin fan site, that was run by some guys in England, that kept me connected to my beloved Fins. Thank you again for the greeting.

Back
Top Bottom