Fin heaven Mock Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin heaven Mock Draft

Are trades allowed or is that too complicated? Dolphins trade up and take Waddle. Going by the value chart, we give pick 18 and 50 (2nd round) to SF and get pick 12 and 107 (4th round) back.

Last edited:
Are trades allowed or is that too complicated? Dolphins trade up and take Waddle. Going by the value chart, we give pick 18 and 50 (2nd round) to SF and get pick 12 and 107 (4th round) back.
I don't think we are doing trades, but I would like that one if Waddle falls.

Do you have a 49er pick?

That puts the Chargers on the clock. I'd say Slater.

Could see them go Waddle or even Paye, but they have to protect Herbert.

I don't think we are doing trades, but I would like that one if Waddle falls.

Do you have a 49er pick?

I might have gone Jaycee Horn, but Mac Jones would give them a similar level of play to Garropolo without the $30m contract so it makes some sense.

Slater it is. Vikings are up. I could see Miami trading up for Waddle. Minn. needs DT. They could trade down to 18 and still get their guy Christian Barmore. Dolphins offer #18 and #82 for #14. Do the Vikings accept?

Last edited:
By the generally accepted draft value point chart, moving from #18 to #14 is a 200 point cost... which would likely cost us our 3rd rounder and our 6th rounder... is a three for one something we would accept here?

Three votes say they want this... is everyone OK with that cost?

By the generally accepted draft value point chart, moving from #18 to #14 is a 200 point cost... which would likely cost us our 3rd rounder and our 6th rounder... is a three for one something we would accept here?

Three votes say they want this... is everyone OK with that cost?

I think I'd have to given NE is next up. Not the logic you'd want your GM to have I know. I also love the player.

This is where the GM earns the big money... does he sit and hope the player falls to him, or does he aggressively move up to get the guy he wants.

This is just a sim, but I thought it was worth taking a moment to consider what the real cost would be.

In this case, the cost would be (probably) a safety prospect (let's say Hamsah Nasrildeen) and a linebacker/CB/Edge longer shot (let's say Chris Rumph III)... or a 2nd tier slot (say Elijah Moore) and a LB/special teamer (KJ Britt).

Last edited:
This is where the GM earns the big money... does he sit and hope the player falls to him, or does he aggressively move up to get the guy he wants.

This is just a sim, but I thought it was worth taking a moment to consider what the real cost would be.
Definitely an interesting simulation. Personally, I still think Miami trades down at #3. But coming out of R1 with Sewell and Waddle would be pretty nice. Perhaps there's actually a chance the Dolphins could get Smith and Waddle in the real thing?

Hate the idea of losing picks, but the Dolphins could also trade down at near the top of R2 and get more picks.

Back
Top Bottom