Fin_Frenzy_84 Mock Draft (Updated 2-17-13) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin_Frenzy_84 Mock Draft (Updated 2-17-13)

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Cut-
Dimitri Patterson
Dan Carpenter

That would leave us between 45-50 million!

Re-Sign-
Randy Starks DE
Chris Clemons FS
Nate Garner OT
Pat Davlin QB

Free Agents-
Greg Jennings WR
Andy Levitre OG
Martellus Bennett TE
Michael Bennett DE
Derek Cox CB

Draft-
1st- Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
2nd- Johnthan Banks CB Miss St.
2nd- Kyle Long OT Oregon
3rd- Cornellius Carradine DE Florida St.
3rd- Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia
4th- Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB
5th-Reid Fragel OT Ohio St.
6th- Omoregie Uzzi OG Georgia Tech
7th- George Winn RB Cincinnati

Key UFA- Collin Klein QB

Offense-

QB- Tannehill/Devlin/Klein
RB-Miller/Thomas/Thigpen/Winn
FB-Lane
WR-Jennings/Patterson/Bess/Bailey/Matthews
TE-Bennett/Clay/Egnew
LT-Martin or Long
LG-Levitre
C-Pouncey
RG-Incognito
RT-Martin or Long

Defense-

DE-Bennett/Carradine
DT-Solai/Odrick
DT-Starks/Randall
DE-Wake/Vernon
OLB-Misi
ILB-Dansby
OLB-Burnett
CB-Cox/Marshall/Banks/Wreh-Wilson
SS-Jones
FS-Clemons

So we're also cutting Fasano, Long, Smith and some others?

at first, I thought it was overkill on the culling of our current players, but when you look at the final roster, it's pretty impressive. You need a kicker tho! Pick up a UDFA?

So we're also cutting Fasano, Long, Smith and some others?

at first, I thought it was overkill on the culling of our current players, but when you look at the final roster, it's pretty impressive. You need a kicker tho! Pick up a UDFA?

Yes I was thinking just pick up one in the UDFA!

I really like Long but main problem with him has been injuries in the past and he does not fit the West Coast so I would not throw big money at him. If we let him walk then we would have enough money for a couple of key free agents. Smith is extremely overrated and gets burned quite a bit! Fasano can be upgraded this year, we may have to spend a little more money but time to get some speed on this offense!

I really like this but I honestly can't under any circumstances see Bailey making it to the 3rd round. Maybe switch him to the 2b slot and draft BPA T at 3b. I absolutely love the Patterson, Bailey, Jennings combo and would make it my first priority to get that done. Love the Banks pick, and havent looked too much into Wreh-Wilson but have seen his name thrown around on here a bit. Also love the idea of the Bennett Bros. I guess what I'm saying is I would take a loan out to buy season tix if our offseason went like this lol. Good Job

Now that I look at it, taking Patterson with Jennings makes no sense. Both are possession receivers although Patterson will give you YAC. Patterson and Mike Wallace makes more sense.

on espn, wilson is ranked 20th overall, and cbs has him like 112 or something. it will be interesting to see where he goes, as well as here other scouts opinions.

It's the only way to revamp the weakest spot on our squad. I'm with this mock, but idk about Banks falling. Maybe he does though :ponder:

I love that draft, but it might be a little too optimistic. I think Banks will move up, likely to top 15, when all is said and done. Big, physical corners won't last long in the draft. Bailey might not get past R2. But, if all that happened this would be a huge haul for Miami.

Lol that would be an amazing off season but I think you're being a little too optimistic. I doubt that we land all of those free agents and I seriously doubt Bailey will fall that far in the draft.

Lol that would be an amazing off season but I think you're being a little too optimistic. I doubt that we land all of those free agents and I seriously doubt Bailey will fall that far in the draft.

If we only resign Starks and Clemons then we could easily sign all those FA... As for Bailey pretty much everywhere I seen has him going third.

How can you not see that? We had absolutely no receivers last year. Its a huge need!
Its not that I dont want it, its just I dont have faith in Ireland to do it. I mean we did trade away Marshall and enter the last season with average WR's. We did trade away our #1 CB and played most of the season with backup to backups at CB.

Why would I think Ireland is really going to pick up a Big FA WR and then draft a #1 WR. I honestly feel it will be either or not both.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom