Finally: A Zach Thomas Replacement ! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally: A Zach Thomas Replacement !

dont know anything about Poling, but i do know zach thomas played in a pretty tough Southwest Conference and was a two-time All American. his size was all that kept him down in the draft.

Last edited:
I’ll be happy if he can replace Mike Hull.

This.

And even better if he has a higher ceiling than Chase Allen (who I actually like as a depth guy but not a starter). Hull needs to be strictly a special teamer. Don't ever want to see him on the field on defense. Love his work ethic though.

I don't know anything about this guy but I'm loving most of what I've read so far. Camp can't get here soon enough....

the problem with our last bunch of LBs was speed .... Hull would be a good player if he had any .... the good part about this draft - I think they finally get that speed matters!

The most impressive part of Quentin Poling’s game can’t be seen.

Quenten Poling has dazzled with his run-stopping ability, pass coverage and uncanny ability to be in the right spot at the right time.

But perhaps what is most impressive about him is the knowledge of the game he brings to the field each week.

With him in the lineup, the Bobcats are one of the best run defenses in the country. Without him — well, they don’t want to think about that until they have to.

“I say he’s an all-conference quarterback for us on defense, that’s probably a pretty good description of him,” defensive coordinator Jimmy Burrow said. “He just does a great job stopping the run, and in his pass coverage, and his blitzing. He’s the total package.”

http://www.thepostathens.com/article/2016/10/quentin-poling-ohio-football
I’d pump the brakes with the Zach Thomas comparisons

What do people see when they watch this? I see someone who is disinterested in engaging in plays unless they are literally right at him, and pulls up early. Decent speed, instincts are meh. I honestly don't think he'll make the roster, maybe PS.

He will make the 53 for specials at least. It’s too bad he’s not bigger he’d be a starting mike in this league. Good athlete good range good instincts better at the poa for his size than you’d expect.

Good football player. No brainer dump mike hull keep this kid

Here is what I Know about this kid...... He played for Ohio, most of their games were on Tuesday and Friday..... I bet the over on a bunch of their games, and I'm not sure I lost any. Just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom