Finally, some breathing room. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally, some breathing room.

Just rememeber----Bills fans have already been thru the cap hell and I see the same signs and symptoms in the Miami cap(not that I truly give a SHE-IT ;))......we had the same explanations....er.....excuses as in booyeah's first post but once the talent starts to drain away b/c of the cap, it's difficult to regain and Miami MAY suffer a season similar to the Bills 2001 season.........

".....I still do not understand why Derrick is not be asking to re-negotiate - he is by far the most overpaid ....."

Using the same strategy as Jason Taylor and Surtain, would only save about $600,000 on the 2002 cap and ADD $358,333 to the 2003 cap.......NOT A SMART STRATEGY.

I'm working the 2003 numbers and will show ya what is happening..........bonus amortization on top of bonus amortization on top of bonus amortization

Miami is cap hell :jump3:

Yea Clumped, I know it's coming. I guess they are putting all the eggs in the 2002 basket. It's stupid if you ask me, but who's asking me anyway.

lol

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
".....I still do not understand why Derrick is not be asking to re-negotiate - he is by far the most overpaid ....."

Using the same strategy as Jason Taylor and Surtain, would only save about $600,000 on the 2002 cap and ADD $358,333 to the 2003 cap.......NOT A SMART STRATEGY.
I do not advocate guaranteeing his salary, only that we should cut him before we pay him 1,600,000 next year (http://nflpa.org/members/playerProfile.asp?ID=24906) we should be able to sign someone for less than that that is as good. Though I am not sure what kind of bonus was gave him last year...

Cutting Rodgers ADDS $650,000 to the 2002 cap if released before June 1st. Why? Because his remaining bonus amortization is accelerated into the 2002 league year. $750,000x3=$2.25 million minus $1.6 million slary=$650,000

If released after June 1st, Rodgers counts only 1 yr of bonus amortization of $750,000 but you'd save the $1.6 million salary. His "dead cap" in 2003 would be $1.5 million(remainder of the bonus amortization), however, his salary is scheduled to be $2.1 million, so Fins would save $600,000 on 2003 cap.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Just rememeber----Bills fans have already been thru the cap hell and I see the same signs and symptoms in the Miami cap(not that I truly give a SHE-IT ;))......we had the same explanations....er.....excuses as in booyeah's first post but once the talent starts to drain away b/c of the cap, it's difficult to regain and Miami MAY suffer a season similar to the Bills 2001 season.........

I'm working the 2003 numbers and will show ya what is happening..........bonus amortization on top of bonus amortization on top of bonus amortization

Miami is cap hell :jump3:

Derrick Rodgers isn't talented so how would "talent" be drained?

No way the Dolphins go 3-13 in the next few seasons. Even if we lost Surtain and JT, we would still have enough talent to win more than 3 games.

Frankly, I think this season will be Miami's "rebuilding" year. I predict a 7-9 record. I have a bad feeling about this upcoming year, and we face some good opponents. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see us improving much, especially when New England will most likely improve.

Originally posted by booyeah_
Frankly, I think this season will be Miami's "rebuilding" year. I predict a 7-9 record. I have a bad feeling about this upcoming year, and we face some good opponents. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see us improving much, especially when New England will most likely improve.
I was certainly feeling that way, but looks like we have enough cap room that excellent work by Wanne-Spiel could land us another first and second round playoff humliation rather than outright ala Bills humiliation. We could easily go the way of 7-9 we lots of injuries or if we do not fill in the OL, DL and RB positions well in FA and the draft.

There are going to be boat loads of FA to choose from though: http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1340203.html

Does anybody know how much Ruddy get paid and how much he counts against the cap? Him and Rodgers are Overrated!!

Ruddy and Rodgers should be re-negotiating their overpaid contracts I hope

Release Ruddy before June 1st: add $650,000 to 2002 cap

after June 1st, cap number is $800,000(bonus amortization) and Fins save $1.75 million

2003 "dead cap": $1.6 million but actually save $250,000 on 2003 cap.

i really don't care or understand............

these cap problems, but from what i've been reading, the fins are gonna be screwed when all this hits at one time. ahhh! the good ole' days!:rolleyes:

Clump or someone else???????????

Isn't the Free Agency or Salary Cap in the NFL under contract?

I am pretty sure that in a few years the contract runs out and the owners meet to see about new things or just extending what we got now. I am pretty sure i read this but maybe i just had a real messed up dream and im not thinkin clearly.

If im reading the link above correctly(im prob. not so you might want to read for yourself) the 2003 season will be uncapped so we might just get relief from some good timing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom