Finally, some breathing room. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally, some breathing room.

There will definetely be a cap in 2003. You guys might hate the cap but at least it controls teams from not spending too much money. Baseball doesn't have a cap and it makes the whole thing awful and unfair.

i have 27 caps!

some say marino, i don't know what i'll do with those. used to have 28 until i sent one to a fan in england that said he had a hard time finding dolphin stuff over there. btw, don't send a package to great britain, couldn't have weighed more than 2 pounds and it cast me $18!:rolleyes:

I dont dislike the cap but just imagine if while the owners talk about the new cap if there is no 2003 cap that would really help us because of our cap situation right now. I would hate it football was like baseball unless of course the dolphins were the equivelent of the NY Yankees.

The CBA has been extended until 2006...........2003 will be capped and a conservative estimate is that the cap will be about $78 million

Well, because of spiked contracts, they need to add 5 million a year, but I like the cap. Players don't get the same crazy salaries they do in other sports.

Help me out, the cap now is like 73 million, right? So next year will it be 78 million? In 2004, will it be 83 million? Does it extend by 5 million every year?

Originally posted by booyeah_
Help me out, the cap now is like 73 million, right? So next year will it be 78 million? In 2004, will it be 83 million? Does it extend by 5 million every year?
it is 71.something mil and I have no idea where it's going next year :)

make that $71.101 million salary cap for 2002 -http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1330804.html

The cap is calculated from DGR's, designated gross revenues. I believe 65% of the DGRs is split by 32 and that's a "rough" estimate of the cap

Back
Top Bottom