FinHeaven Members Giving Jason Cole Ideas for Articles...lol | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Members Giving Jason Cole Ideas for Articles...lol

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
The questions give him plenty of ideas for writing his articles, apparently.

A day or two ago someone asked Cole this question...

Q. Jason, why are the Phins forced to play on dirt when modular fields like those used by the Houston Texans are available? One injury settlement would probably pay for the conversion. Heck, the players themselves would probably pay for the conversion!

PhinPhan1227, Miami 8/18/03

And Jason Cole replied with this...

A. Good question. I will ask. However, the Texans don't share a stadium with baseball. They share it with the rodeo, which is only around twice a year, I think.

Jason Cole 8/19/03

And furthermore, just yesterday I emailed Jason Cole the following question concerning Michael Thompson...

Q.

Well I think we all know the story on the Michael Thompson thing back when we tried to trade him (degenerative knee...longterm viability issues), but he's popping back up on the radar screen. Rumor has Seattle possibly cutting him. Now that we've got Wade "Future" Smith, might the Phins consider borrowing Thompson's talent for the short term at swing tackle backup? IMO this would give the staff an opportunity to seriously consider letting Smith start at LT and moving Dixon back to LG, Nails to RG...which is what they had in mind when they went for Gandy. What ya think, yay or nay to Michael Thompson again now that our needs are different (before we needed a future prospect, now we've got one already)

CKParrotHead, Tampa, FL 8/20/03

And of course he replied today...

A. It's a little late to do that much shuffling, but I could see the team grabbing Thompson on a short-term situation.

Jason Cole 8/20/03

Not an entirely big deal, but then Cole posted an article today and put these two notes in it...

POTENTIAL DOLPHIN

Offensive tackle Michael Thompson, whom the Dolphins considered trading for during the offseason, is in danger of being cut by the Seattle Seahawks, making him of possible interest to the Dolphins.

Thompson, third on the depth chart behind Floyd Womack and rookie Wayne Hunter, has suffered knee and asthma problems during practices.

TURF IDEAS

Dolphins executive vice president Bryan Wiedmeier said the team is intrigued by the possibility of using Field Turf at Pro Player Stadium but is unlikely to do it for some time.

The combination synthetic/real grass turf has been used in several stadiums, most notably Reliant Stadium, the domed home of the Houston Texans. It is convenient because it can be moved in sections and would allow for the quick fill-in of a number of spots, such as the dirt infield at Pro Player.

Reliant Stadium, for instance, can remove the turf so the stadium can host a rodeo, then quickly convert it back for football use. In New York, Shea Stadium will use Field Turf to cover the infield for a soccer game.

However, Wiedmeier said there are numerous issues to study before it could be used, such as how the turf will hold up in the extreme weather of South Florida, where the turf would be subjected to open-air conditions. Also, would players like a possible combination of real grass and Field Turf?

Kudos to PhinPhan1227...clearly Jason took your idea and interviewed Brian Widmeier about the possibility of doing like Houston does.

And I think I have pretty good reason to think he checked out the rumors on Michael Thompson's possible release after I asked him about it...unless its just really some pretty coincidental timing.

Uh..huh..huh.huh......we rule. :tongue:

Thats pretty lame if you ask me.... heck, they should just hire a couple o folks from the boards and let them run with thier own suggestions...

Pretty lame when journalists can't come up with thier own ideas...

Kudos to the FH folks coming up with questions that matter to the fan.

i think it's more of a statement that this site has a lot of knowledgable members who provide valuable insight and information. this site was good when i joined (somewhere in the spring of '02), but it just keeps getting better as people hone their writing skills and the anticipation of another season grows.

One person can think of everything. It doesn't mean the guy isn't smart or anything because he didn't think about it.

We are an "army" here so everybody brings something to talk about. Like DPlus47 said, you put a bunch of people caring for something together and you'll get a bunch of informations.

I'll go as far to say he probably checks out this site regularly. Shoot, he may even be a member. :)

I think some of you guys are taking this a bit too far. The guy got asked good questions and actually tried to find some answers which he put in the paper. How is this not a good thing?

This just shows how intelligent finheaveners are. They ask such good questions that they turn them into articles!

As for field turf, I really like natural grass. However, I hate the dirt in the field. Field turf is great as a replacement for aritifical turf, but it just isn't grass.

Hey, if a guy hears a good idea, he's going to go with it. Let's not get our pride up. He may be getting 30-40 emails from this site all the time and when 1-2 popup and he uses the ideas ... well...

One thing I'll say about him (and there are a couple of others guys) ... he's always been good at responding to my e-mails.

So, too has Ethan Skolnick. I complained to him about the OL two years ago and he actually followed up with some questions for the staff on the subject during the post-season. I like Jason and Ethan (Alex and Todd do a good job as well).

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
finsgotoguy.

Think it is time to change your avatar?

:confused:

I could say the same about you...
:D

I wanted to change it some time ago but I decided to keep him until everyone knows me by my name (Finsgotoguy) instead of by my avatar.

When you're new people tend to recognize your avatar first and the name after.

But now I think I can afford to change it...

Back
Top Bottom