FinHeaven Members Giving Jason Cole Ideas for Articles...lol | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Members Giving Jason Cole Ideas for Articles...lol

Hmmmm......now. Cole wants people to read his articles>>>> biggest market for him is among Phin fans>>>>>>>he researches his market.

Come on guys, it aint rocket science. If you were in Cole's position, during a lean time (ie, pre season), wouldn't you do the same.

Well spotted though CK.

It just happened again.

Couple days ago I posed this question to him and he answered thus...

Q. Rumors are floating that Lorenzo Bromell is having a tough time in Minn and could be a high profile preseason cut (with Kevin Williams moving to DE, its a crowded position). Also rumor has Marco Coleman having a tough time in Jax, also a cut possibility. Assuming a capable LT doesn't get cut (who cuts guys who can play LT well at this late juncture???), would the Phins make a play for either of these one-time Dolphins for the vet's minimum? David Bowens is out until November, and he was set to have a defined role in the passrush rotation. Otis Grigsby has looked nice, but first off he's an undrafted guy that we could probably get away with 'hiding' on the practice squad (a la Leonard Henry), and second he's a rookie so can we really count on him to make the same contribution we were expecting out of D-Bo? Would the phins bring LoBro back into the fold?
CKParrotHead, Tampa, FL 8/15/03

A. Sure.
Jason Cole 8/18/03

His answer was short because a few questions before mine someone asked this one...

Q. According to the papers in Minn. Bromell is falling on the vikes depth chart and might get cut. Do you think the fins would bring him back ?
CA FinFan, Northern, CA 8/15/03

A. Sure. They liked him and he liked South Florida.
Jason Cole 8/18/03

Now he's just posted this article about Lorenzo Bromell possibly coming back to Miami.

DE Bromell might be returning
He's in disfavor with Vikings; sources say Miami would be interested
BY JASON COLE
jcole@herald.com

Lorenzo Bromell had 21 1/2 sacks in his four seasons with Miami. HERALD FILE PHOTO

The Dolphins could fill their need for another experienced defensive end with an old friend.

The Minnesota Vikings are pondering whether to trade or release defensive end Lorenzo Bromell, who does not get along with defensive coordinator George O'Leary.

Agent Harold Lewis said Bromell and O'Leary were set to have a meeting this week to see if they could work out the problems.

Bromell has fallen on the depth chart because O'Leary believe he has a penchant for making bad decisions.

Bromell, who spent four seasons with the Dolphins, has fallen on the team's depth chart despite signing a five-year, $11 million deal before the 2000 season. He had only four sacks last season and played as a backup. The Vikings, who gave Bromell a $2 million signing bonus, had hoped Bromell would be a starter.

During his time with the Dolphins, Bromell had 21 ½ sacks, playing primarily as a backup.

Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt declined to comment on Bromell on Tuesday night because Bromell is under contract with another team. Two sources, however, indicated Miami would be very interested in reacquiring Bromell if the price is right.

Bromell is scheduled to make $1 million in base salary this season. The Dolphins have lost backup defensive end David Bowens until at least November because of a knee injury suffered before training camp. Veteran backup Rob Burnett is mending from knee surgery earlier this month, although he is expected to return for the season opener.

Pretty much the same M.O. as the FieldTurf question I guess...he took the question and did some research, called up LoBro's agent to find out whats going on in Minny, and found some sources within the Phins organization who said they'd be very interested if LoBro was released. He probably didn't want to say too much in the answers on these questions cuz he knew he was going to research it a little and possibly come out with an article in the notebook about it.

Happened again! I wont post my exact question and his answer but he just wrote this in one of his articles...

Barring a significant change, the battle between centers Tim Ruddy and Seth McKinney is basically over. Ruddy has been his consistent self, and while McKinney has played well, he hasn't done enough to overtake Ruddy, who is considered the glue of the line.

I'll say this, I asked him if Ted Washington's arrival in New England would spark the coaches to give some playing time against Atlanta to Seth McKinney to see how well he handles a NT in his face. His reply to me was basically the same as what he just wrote in this article. You could probably cut and paste them.

Haha, now KFFL is reporting on his article.

Dolphins | Team Has Interest In Thompson
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:20:06 -0700

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports Seattle Seahawks OT Michael Thompson, whom the Miami Dolphins considered trading for during the off-season, is in danger of being cut by the Seahawks, making him of possible interest to the Dolphins. Thompson, third on the depth chart behind Seahawks OTs Floyd Womack and rookie Wayne Hunter, has suffered knee and asthma problems during practices.

Nice CK!

LOL! See what I started!

Now what? Dolphins see the blurb on KFFL, see for themselves that Thompson really is on the bubble, and next thing you know the Phins are offering up a conditional 7th to Seattle for him! LOL!

Then Thompson would come to the Phins and I could call him and be like, "you know the only reason you're here is ME buddy, ok?"

Hey CK he admitted as much to you in his questions:

Q.

Hey JC...so do we now see your REAL motive for doing all this Q&A? 3-4 days ago myself and CA FinFan pointed out Lorenzo Bromell's likely demise in Minnesota and asked if the Phins would be interested...now we see a good article about the Phins being interested in LoBro if he's cut. Same thing happened few days ago when I asked about Michael Thompson, yesterday we see a blurb in the Notebook about Michael Thompson possibly being cut and the Phins may have interest. Before that PhinPhan1227 asks you about the FieldTurf in Houston and subsequently you come up with an article about how the Phins might be interested in looking into FieldTurf. I just wanted to say thanks for givin a little dap for us common fans...incorporating our questions into real publications! I'll be sure to let you know in the form of a question of any other things I hear around the league that could be developing that might affect the phins ;)
CKParrotHead, Tampa, FL 8/22/03

A.

You got it bro. If you guys can help me, I'll take it. The more eyes and ears I have access to, the better job I can do. You guys give me ideas and I'm not too proud to take them. Keep up the good work and I'll be more than happy to email your boss that you deserve a raise.
Jason Cole 8/22/03

YEAH DUDE! I just saw that. I didn't expect him to really answer that question!

I think its awesome.

I rest my case your honor!! Journalists rely upon a multitude of sources, and in this case, Phin fans provide invaluable info. Only a fool wouldn't at least assess all the information possible. Jason Cole is certainly not the only journalist to do this, but he may be the first one secure enough to admit it.

Kudos to CK for the questions and being astute enough to pick up on the pattern. Also, kudos to Jason for fessin up.

Back
Top Bottom