Fins, and players that don't fit (Ndamukong Suh, Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins, and players that don't fit (Ndamukong Suh, Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace)

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
- We trade up to get rare athlete Dion Jordan, who doesn't fit in our 4-3 defense.

- We back up the Brinks truck for deep threat speedster Mike Wallace, who doesn't fit with Ryan Tannehill, a QB that is great at throwing direct laser beams, but weak at arcing a deep ball into a fast bucket (after 2 years, they have yet to successfully hit the deep ball in stride).

- Now, after years of hearing Philbin emphasize building a locker room full of high character guys, we're going to back up two Brinks trucks for the dirtiest player in the NFL, Ndamukong Suh.

This is even more stunning, considering that we jettisoned Pro Bowlers Brandon Marshall & Richie Incognito over character issues.

Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace, and Ndamukong Suh are all phenomenal talents. But I feel that we are overpaying for pieces that don't fit, creating a rudderless ship.

I believe Suh is misunderstood by those who don't follow him closely. I've been hearing from media folks that Suh is actually a model teammate in the lockerroom and good dude all around, except that when he gets on the field he turns into a beast ahole who just doesn't give a **** if he breaks some guy's back. He is like the on-field versions of Incognito and Marshall, but NOTHING like them off the field. I think that's an important distinction.

See for yourself... I know this is just a short clip, but he seems rather soft-spoken and level-headed in his personal life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_ELDQYiao

- We trade up to get rare athlete Dion Jordan, who doesn't fit in our 4-3 defense.

- We back up the Brinks truck for deep threat speedster Mike Wallace, who doesn't fit with Ryan Tannehill, a QB that is great at throwing direct laser beams, but weak at arcing a deep ball into a fast bucket (after 2 years, they have yet to successfully hit the deep ball in stride).

- Now, after years of hearing Philbin emphasize building a locker room full of high character guys, we're going to back up two Brinks trucks for the dirtiest player in the NFL, Ndamukong Suh.

This is even more stunning, considering that we jettisoned Pro Bowlers Brandon Marshall & Richie Incognito over character issues.

Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace, and Ndamukong Suh are all phenomenal talents. But I feel that we are overpaying for pieces that don't fit, creating a rudderless ship.

Sure...

Suh may be dirty how does he in any way affect the locker room? Philben wants players to be smart on the field. Suh is going to have to work around kicking ass but Suh fits every team in the NFL. Suh not fitting in because of delivering punishing tackles is ridiculous. Only been suspended once.

Anti-Suh is Anti-Talent.

599.gif

Jordan was a crappy trade. Brandon Albert was a good signing if he recovers from his injury, probably need to get another tackle for depth. Wallace is a good player, we should keep him for one more season. He can be productive and Tannehill can improve his deep ball. Look at the tape from last season, he has the ability, just needs a bit more work. Suh is a disruptive force of nature. Not even Kevin Coyle can mis-use him, and going against him in practice every day will have the side effect of making our Guards and centers better. Suh will be a great signing. Philbin is hanging on by a thread. If he can't handle it and win this year than he is gone, as hopefully are the days of him jettisoning quality players because he can't handle them. This is a good signing, we should be happy they are making bold moves. Now they need to draft well and we will be much improved. If Suh is on this team last year, we probably make the playoffs because there were a couple of games where we just got gashed by the running game of an inferior team. Suh will make our DBs and linebackers better.

i have been a fan since 1974. I understand the constant disappointment. There have been times I have been ready to give up on this team, but this is exactly the type of bold move that makes me keep just a wee bit of hope for this team and something that I am looking forward to seeing. I hope it turns out well for us...

Suh is relentless and questionably dirty on the field but it ends there. Incognito was causing trouble off the field and honestly would probably still be here if not for the whole bullying aspect overshadowing the team. I don't think he was jettisoned for "character issues".

The fact of the matter is, every team in the NFL wants a guy like Suh despite some of the things he's done.

Incognito was a locker room cancer. Suh is a cancer to the other team on the field. I don't remember EVER hearing suh being an idiot in the locker room

amusd.gif

boooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom