Fins are nailing FA | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins are nailing FA

everyone was saying all off season, "get Tua some weapons/better O-line!"....and now we're "nailing it"? cant depend on all rookies. I just wanted at least one good edge rusher, or one good WR, or one good O lineman signed.

everyone was saying all off season, "get Tua some weapons/better O-line!"....and now we're "nailing it"? cant depend on all rookies. I just wanted at least one good edge rusher, or one good WR, or one good O lineman signed.
I don’t disagree. He does need weapons. However this FA class was full of middling talent at skill positions. I’m glad we didn’t chase and over pay. A lot of the targets that would have made the juice worth the squeeze like Godwin, Robinson, Aaron Jones all stayed home.

Also a center signing and the Isaiah Wilson addition could help the oline significantly

They were including the draft as rationale fans would do.

Why doesnt everyone just unfollow armando so he stops getting clicks period, doesnt deserve a single one imo.

Problem with that is there are a lot - A LOT - of people who know less about football than the beat writers. No disrespect to them, but, IMO, football is a complex game and it's easier to be fed by a writer. Those people know enough to enjoy football, but NOT enough to evaluate opinions

Could Albert Wilson be Miami's biggest off-season acquisition? I was one that wanted Samuel, but to be honest Wilson is that same receiver, and he's already under contract.

We know for an RPO offense you need receivers that can get separation off the LOS. In 2019 Wilson averaged 3.5 yards of separation which tied him for 10th in the NFL with only 6 players having a better average. For a total cost of $5m for 2021 it's a heck of a lot cheaper than signing Samuels. They can draft a guy to take over that spot and be good to go.
Agreed! There are certainly injury concerns with Wilson, but if he's healthy he can easily be all that we want at the slot position.

The Fins have been nailing free agency for the last 2 decades or so the fans have said... The only way we will know if we have "nailed" free agency is when we start to see results which is when we are winning playoff games.

I am not disappointed by most of the offseason thus far. My one issue is that I would have been happy with Karras back at 1 yr $4 mil. But I also wouldn't be upset if we signed Andrews or Hudsen. I don't see Andrews as a big upgrade, but he is better in the run game. I just worry about the clots in his lungs. But if it's a good contract (by "good" I mean 'keeps our flexibility') then I'm fine. My hope all along was to sign one of Karras, Andrews, Linsley or now Hudsen and then draft one of Humphrey, Dickerson or Meinerz. And that can still happen.

What would have disappointed me most this offseason would have been to drop a huge contract on a WR. That is what many here wanted, but I saw that as the worst idea of all.

I agree, but Wilson is not a High risk, High reward.

He's a low risk, high reward. The traded 7th round picks, and Ten ate all his guaranteed money.

2021 - $1.1m
2022 - $1.6m
2023 - $2.2m
They can cut him at anytime with no cap hit, or he could workout and be a starting offensive linemen.

I meant psychologically and just being a ****ing menace in general.

But your right, I should've made that distinction.

I've caught myself being disapointed at least a handful of times already through this FA period. The kind of disapoint where you have to fold AA on a bad flop facing heavy action after being card dead for what seems like an eternity. There's this dude in your head that wants action, there's THAT ****ing dude hitting on every backdoor straight draw on the river every other hand it seems and Im sitting here, folding Aces on the flop.

Thing is, this is what wins... Its boring, its not like in the movies and it sure as hell doesnt get the girls... it is what it is, it gets wins.

If there's a way to build the perfect team, handed with the salary cap as the only limitation and a bit more than a handful of very low contracts you can use as wildcards, its pretty ****ing simple, dont overpay for talent and use your wildcards on players who are more likely to be valuable. Its really as simple as that. Build your strategy around trying to get your very best players on low contracts and make it a priority to not overpay for the rest of them.

I've been reading crap from the usuall suspects,

View attachment 70883
View attachment 70884

These guys dont know anything about football, and I dont blame them, their task isnt about building football teams and winning games. These dudes want your attention and they mostly rely on a pro football team for information to relay to you. Free agency, the Draft, monday mornings in the regular season... You name it, thats where they make their living. This time around, they flat out have nothing to give, Fins are signing good backups... How the **** am I supposed to get clicks here?

Dudes in Boston are getting clicks, Jets guys are getting clicks, CLICKS FOR EVERYONE!!!!!... but poor ol' me.

There's a whole lot more to building a contender than massive folding in free agency, still just a small chapter in a big *** book but it still feels good to me that for once in a long *** ****ty period of time, the Fins look like they've started reading.
I don’t think we’re nailing anything right now. So far all we’ve managed to do is create a hole we haven’t filled with Van Noy’s release and replace Karas with a center that PFF rated as the 2nd worst in the league last year. We did replace Elandon Roberts and re-sign Biegel. But I don’t think we’ve gotten better. We haven’t signed any stupid contracts yet which is fine, but we did let a reasonably priced center walk Away and replaced him with a center who...wait for it, sometimes has trouble snapping the ball. How have we nailed free agency this year?

Chitownfin28 said.......

"These former Pats have no love for Flores, but maybe it's cuz they dont believe in Tua".

I have that very same feeling. We were ONE win away from making the playoffs with last years squad. Can you imagine where we would have gone with Watson last year? Definately 2 wins in the playoffs for sure, or more. All the talk of we are not 1 guy away from a playoff team, we are 212 away, blaah...blaagh.. . YES!! we ARE a one guy away winner, a great qb and one Is available. Sure, we need an upgrade at a couple spots but watson and his 4,000 plus yds and 36 td's and 10 pics with nobody wr's gets us deep in the playoffs even holding last years bunch.

The thing that scares me is players leaving and fast for other teams. They don't believe tua has the stuff for the nfl and they are sure flo/grier are going the distance with him and know from REAL insiders the gruesome two-some are not going for watson so they dont want another 4 years of waiting for a qb to learn the nfl. And big names are NOT flocking here like so many thought. Another bad sign. Tua time turned into a broken watch and players around the league took notice. Watson cures all that and saves grier and flo's job.

We shall see....... .

Chitownfin28 said.......

"These former Pats have no love for Flores, but maybe it's cuz they dont believe in Tua".

I have that very same feeling. We were ONE win away from making the playoffs with last years squad. Can you imagine where we would have gone with Watson last year? Definately 2 wins in the playoffs for sure, or more. All the talk of we are not 1 guy away from a playoff team, we are 212 away, blaah...blaagh.. . YES!! we ARE a one guy away winner, a great qb and one Is available. Sure, we need an upgrade at a couple spots but watson and his 4,000 plus yds and 36 td's and 10 pics with nobody wr's gets us deep in the playoffs even holding last years bunch.

The thing that scares me is players leaving and fast for other teams. They don't believe tua has the stuff for the nfl and they are sure flo/grier are going the distance with him and know from REAL insiders the gruesome two-some are not going for watson so they dont want another 4 years of waiting for a qb to learn the nfl. And big names are NOT flocking here like so many thought. Another bad sign. Tua time turned into a broken watch and players around the league took notice. Watson cures all that and saves grier and flo's job.

We shall see....... .
You do know we cut KVN and Ted was a FA right? They didn't just pack up one day and leave because of our qb and to play with who............Newton????

WE CUT BAIT WITH THEM. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TUA.

Back
Top Bottom