'Fins fleeced Texans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Fins fleeced Texans

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Everyone seems to base all critique based on last years performance. Dyer did a good job under Chan. Neither Dyer or Konrad were in the backfield to catch passes. The subject of the thread was that we fleeced the Texans. I think Dyer will fit into that scheme and I don't think getting a 7th round pick could be considered fleecing. I also don't think that some unnamed insider should be calling him an under achieving turd. He is a blocking FB and never claimed to be anything else. We drafted him as a blocking FB.

I'm basing critique on his performance the ENTIRE time he's been here.

Dyer never cracked the starting lineup even with Gailey here. Gailey's run first mentality was the worst thing that could have happened for Konrad who yes is a finesse FB. Dyer's specialty was supposed to be a smash mouth style blocking FB and he could'nt unseat Konrad in a run straight at you offense under Gailey. That makes him a huge underachiever and not "one of the best blocking FB's in the NFL."

When was it that Konrad became a finesse FB? What does finesse FB mean? He blocks with etiquette or what?

I love when people cover up the fact that they have no basis for their arguments with "jokes".
You still haven't told us how you came to the conclusion that a player that has never started is "one of the best blocking FB's in the NFL"?

Just curious.

If he is such a turd, why did we resign him and why did Texas trade for him?

The Texans gave up a 7th round pick.

As Jimmy Johnson once said....
"I could take a crap and get a 6th round pick for it."

The Dolphins did good to get anything for a guy the NFL knew was going to be cut anyway.

Back
Top Bottom