Fins' Hire Coming Thursday? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins' Hire Coming Thursday?

elite14eva

Yashu Mane!!!
Club Member
Reaction score
FINS' HIRE COMING THURSDAY?
Though we generally don't put much credence in anything that a college coach tells a recruit in the latter half of January, one Georgia Tech recruit is under the impression that the status of Yellow Jackets' coach Chan Gailey will be resolved as soon as Thursday.
Which means that the Dolphins will hire a new coach by then.
Morgan Burnett, a safety who has verbally committed to Tech, tells that Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Gailey told him that Gailey's situation with the Fins should be resolved "sometime around Thursday."
If true, it suggests that the Dolphins deliberately were moving slowly with their search for a successor to the Nicktator in the event that Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer became available.
The finalists for the Dolphins job are Gailey, former Falcons coach Jim Mora, Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, Dolphins defensive coordinator Dom Capers, and former Alabama coach Mike Shula.-PFT

NOT Gailey....Please NO!

Gailey was NOT even a good College Coach...
I don`t see how/why he is even on our List?
Maybe his Price tag is Cheap???
I don`t see the Fan Base coming out for him as Head Coach....
My .02 cents...

I'd like a second interview with Mike Tomlin..........

After all this time Wayne H hasn't got this narrowed down to less than 6 different coaches? Whats he been doing on his trip across america anyway. My money is on Shula's kid, he's got the inside line on this one.

I have full confidence in Wayne to screw this up like he screwed up the 2004 season by giving Wanny an extension and promoting Spielman.

I hope it's Gailey....He'll be a good coach and won't run off for some other job when the going gets rough....but lets hope the rough times are over with soon. :)

If he can make Fiedler and Lamar Smith look half-way decent, he's the right guys to turn this ship around with Daunte, Ronnie, Ricky and receivers.

Gailey was NOT even a good College Coach...
I don`t see how/why he is even on our List?
Maybe his Price tag is Cheap???
I don`t see the Fan Base coming out for him as Head Coach....
My .02 cents...

Reaching bowl games is not only good its successful. I don't think anyone is pumped up on the prospect of Gailey but he's still leagues above Jim "I'll imitate your former HC in a few years" Mora.

I don't want Gailey. He needs to stay where he is at.

Ya, why aren't they interviewing Tomlin again?

Back
Top Bottom