Fins' Hire Coming Thursday? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins' Hire Coming Thursday?

FINS' HIRE COMING THURSDAY?

Though we generally don't put much credence in anything that a college coach tells a recruit in the latter half of January, one Georgia Tech recruit is under the impression that the status of Yellow Jackets' coach Chan Gailey will be resolved as soon as Thursday.
Which means that the Dolphins will hire a new coach by then.
Morgan Burnett, a safety who has verbally committed to Tech, tells that Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Gailey told him that Gailey's situation with the Fins should be resolved "sometime around Thursday."
If true, it suggests that the Dolphins deliberately were moving slowly with their search for a successor to the Nicktator in the event that Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer became available.

The finalists for the Dolphins job are Gailey, former Falcons coach Jim Mora, Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, Dolphins defensive coordinator Dom Capers, and former Alabama coach Mike Shula.-PFT
Just because Gailey's status will be resolved tomorrow does not mean that the Fins will be hiring a coach tomorrow...maybe they will just be giving HIM an answer of NO THANKS.

They're too busy sniffing glue at Dolphin's HQ.

I agree. This team is going nowhere until we get new people to run it. These guys that run it now don't have a clue about football. Look at the Steelers organization. They have Tomlin, Rivera, and Grimm as their finalist and took off Gailey after interviewing him. We're always stuck with the leftovers because our owner doesn't have a clue. I feel like we're a jv team.

I hate to sound negative, but this entire process has been a joke. It reminds me of the phantom GM search of a couple years ago when we ended up promoting Speilman. We had an opportunity to make a real tangible change and direction coaching wise and it looks like we're going back to a retread "safe" pick. I know Gailey has an offensive backround - but it consists of a hand off to the right, followed by a hand off to the left. Every once in a while, just to confuse us - they'll run a toss play to either side.

to me, Gailey = regression

I hate to sound negative, but this entire process has been a joke. It reminds me of the phantom GM search of a couple years ago when we ended up promoting Speilman. We had an opportunity to make a real tangible change and direction coaching wise and it looks like we're going back to a retread "safe" pick. I know Gailey has an offensive backround - but it consists of a hand off to the right, followed by a hand off to the left. Every once in a while, just to confuse us - they'll run a toss play to either side.

i agree.

His offense also consists of multiple wide receiver sets, a lot of different formations, a lot of motion, and the moving pocket when necessary. He has always called a balanced offensive game, and he has been one of the best at putting his players into a position to succeed. He did it with Kordell Stewart, and he did it with Jay Fiedler. In fact, Chan Gailey is the coach that introduced the 5 wide receiver set into Pittsburgh's offense.

I hope it's Gailey....He'll be a good coach and won't run off for some other job when the going gets rough....but lets hope the rough times are over with soon. :)

If he can make Fiedler and Lamar Smith look half-way decent, he's the right guys to turn this ship around with Daunte, Ronnie, Ricky and receivers.

No offense but if we hire Chan then realitybites for another few years.

i like gailey the most.. hate on him all u want but he plays to his players strengths,, hes been given crappy players to work with all his career (except maybe in dallas, but even there irvin/aikman got injured) and yet hes still succeeded on the offensive side of the ball. as far as defense goes, we r in the top 5 thanks to capers schemes and players like jt and zt

Back
Top Bottom