Fins' Walton Reaches Plea Deal To Settle Charges | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins' Walton Reaches Plea Deal To Settle Charges

andyahs

Bahamian Redneck
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins running back Mark Walton received six months of non-reporting probation Monday as part of a plea deal to resolve his three offseason court cases, according to Miami-Dade court records.

Walton's attorney, Michael Gottlieb, said his client had the most significant charge of felony carrying a concealed weapon from his March arrest reduced to a second-degree misdemeanor open carry charge after pleading no contest. Walton was arrested after a car chase with police. The plea deal decreased the maximum of his jail sentence from five years to 60 days.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27420596/fins-walton-reaches-plea-deal-settle-charges

Hard to imagine he's going to make the team if he has to serve even a single day in jail let alone two months. Too much competition at the position and he hasn't exactly separated himself.

Hard to imagine he's going to make the team if he has to serve even a single day in jail let alone two months. Too much competition at the position and he hasn't exactly separated himself.
The plea deal gave him a slap on the wrist.

" Miami Dolphins running back Mark Walton received six months of non-reporting probation Monday as part of a plea deal to resolve his three offseason court cases..."

"He is set to face no jail time as long as he avoids trouble during his probation period."

Ummm, I kind of think he should go to jail.

I am too assume he had quality legal representation?

Way to (kinda) beat those charges Walton, must have a good lawyer, very smart!

Yea his lawyer slayed that.

He doesn’t even have to report on them 6 months probation. And a Driving course for the wreckless driving charge.

I have him making the roster right now, not a lock, but he’s got a solid grip on the #3 spot with two games left.

Money and a good lawyer gets him this.

He better bust his butt.

Though Walton's legal case is over, he could still face league discipline from the NFL's personal conduct policy that could lead to a suspension and/or fine.

"We have been monitoring developments in the matter which remains under review," the NFL said Monday.

That could still weigh in the decision to keep or release I would assume.

Though Walton's legal case is over, he could still face league discipline from the NFL's personal conduct policy that could lead to a suspension and/or fine.

"We have been monitoring developments in the matter which remains under review," the NFL said Monday.

That could still weigh in the decision to keep or release I would assume.
I just don't see a good reason to keep him at this point. I don't see him doing much better than the 3 guys he battling for and he's got the baggage and yes, I'm a Canes fan but I want what's best for the Dolphins. I could see keeping him if he was so much better than the others but he's not.

I just don't see a good reason to keep him at this point. I don't see him doing much better than the 3 guys he battling for and he's got the baggage and yes, I'm a Canes fan but I want what's best for the Dolphins. I could see keeping him if he was so much better than the others but he's not.

I see it the way you do..

Back
Top Bottom