Fire Coyle, Hire Schwartz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Coyle, Hire Schwartz

Any Dolphins fan who paid attention to Schwartz' tenure in Detroit is probably hoping that he's named the new Bills HC.

On the flip side, we will have more injured players after Bills games as they stomp on our guys and take cheap shots whenever possible.

Sign me up for Swartz.. I'd love to have a damn dirty defense than a pansy vanilla one.

I think you are all pipe dreaming. Coyle isn't going anywhere. If he was he would have already been sacrificed.
His defense was 12th. overall in yardage allowed and number 1 in the league at creating short fields for our offense. The injuries down the stretch doomed us on defense. Besides no great D co is coming here with Philbin only having a year left on his contract.

I think you are all pipe dreaming. Coyle isn't going anywhere. If he was he would have already been sacrificed.
His defense was 12th. overall in yardage allowed and number 1 in the league at creating short fields for our offense. The injuries down the stretch doomed us on defense. Besides no great D co is coming here with Philbin only having a year left on his contract.

With every passing hour it looks like what most of thought, all the coaches will be retained.

:sidelol:

Fins1971 still thinks we have a good defense. 32ppg over the last 6 games, and that's with the Jets twice and the Vikings once.

Offense's fault for not providing a more supportive, loving environment for them, right?

:sidelol:

Fins1971 still thinks we have a good defense. 32ppg over the last 6 games, and that's with the Jets twice and the Vikings once.

Offense's fault for not providing a more supportive, loving environment for them, right?

No the defense fell apart down the stretch. But stats show the same for the offense. Total team failure

23.2ppg scored over last 6 games, vs 32.7ppg allowed. Yeah, clearly that 1 point dropoff was what did us in.

23.2ppg scored over last 6 games, vs 32.7ppg allowed. Yeah, clearly that 1 point dropoff was what did us in.

1 Offensive TD in each of 3 games with playoffs on the line. Then we average 30 a game when we are eliminated from playoffs. Nice use of selective stats.

Sherman was not fired until Jan. 6.

holding out hope.

It's selective to point out that in six consecutive games to close out the season our defense was absolutely terrible?

Give it up, dude. Everyone who posts here agrees that our offense, defense, and special teams all share in the blame for our team finishing without a playoff berth. However, you might be the only person on the planet who thinks that our defense wasn't complete garbage following the Thursday night win vs Buffalo. Even the one game when our defense allowed fewer than 28 points in that stretch, it was vs the Jets, and they rushed for 277 yards with Rex Ryan trying to prove a point. Gave up the only perfect passer rating of the year a few weeks later, to a quarterback who was second to last in almost every statistical category before the game. Moved up a few spots after. :lol:

It's selective to point out that in six consecutive games to close out the season our defense was absolutely terrible?

Give it up, dude. Everyone who posts here agrees that our offense, defense, and special teams all share in the blame for our team finishing without a playoff berth. However, you might be the only person on the planet who thinks that our defense wasn't complete garbage following the Thursday night win vs Buffalo. Even the one game when our defense allowed fewer than 28 points in that stretch, it was vs the Jets, and they rushed for 277 yards with Rex Ryan trying to prove a point. Gave up the only perfect passer rating of the year a few weeks later, to a quarterback who was second to last in almost every statistical category before the game. Moved up a few spots after. :lol:

Never said defense was without blame. It was total team failure. Just think too many are strictly blaming defense when offense failed to score more than a single TD in 7 of 16 games. That will leave any defense exposed. That is my only point.

hate to say it but IF and only IF Coyle is fired, our pool of potential DCs will be small given that Philbins future here is in doubt after this upcoming season. if coyle gets canned we would prob promote one of the positional coaches (prob LB coach).

Never said defense was without blame. It was total team failure. Just think too many are strictly blaming defense when offense failed to score more than a single TD in 7 of 16 games. That will leave any defense exposed. That is my only point.

Who is strictly blaming the defense? Who are these too many people? Every single one of your posts is carrying water for the defense and blaming the offense for their struggles. I could just as easily flip that around and argue that our offense would do a better job of scoring points if our defense wasn't in the bottom third of the league in: Opponent first downs, opponent third down conversions, opponent fourth down conversions, opponent punts per play/score, opponent rushing yards, opponent yards per rush, and opponent 4th quarter points per game.

You going to blame that all on an offense that was in the top half to top third of the NFL in most statistical categories? Okay, sure thing.

Oh, and we were 6th in the NFL in 4th quarter time of possession. 54.56%. You got any other brilliant excuses for giving up 32.7 points per game over 3/8ths of the season?

i like the idea of a failed hc that used to be a dc as our new dc...some guys are meant to be coordinators and they are damn good at it...ideally that would be the route i'd go but their scheme has to fit the personnel...you cant just shift to a press and cover 2 or something without having the personnel for it...undersized corners better stick with the off man and zone scheme with them...just take out some of that pitch and catch in front of them that is a part of coyles scheme

Back
Top Bottom