Fire Coyle, Hire Schwartz | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Coyle, Hire Schwartz

Noticed you didn't address the 7 games with 1 TD scored that kept us out of playoffs. Nice diversion as always.

As far as who is blaming the defense just look at the threads on this board. You don't see any on fire Lazor and his inconsistent offense

never said defense was without blame. It was total team failure. Just think too many are strictly blaming defense when offense failed to score more than a single td in 7 of 16 games. That will leave any defense exposed. That is my only point.

are you counting the bye week to get to that number 7?

are you counting the bye week to get to that number 7?

No they only scored 1 offensive TD vs Jags. The defense scored 2 that game. 7 out of 16 is horrible and the main reason we will be watching the playoffs

No they only scored 1 offensive TD vs Jags. The defense scored 2 that game. 7 out of 16 is horrible and the main reason we will be watching the playoffs

you are ****ing high...every time the offense did score the damn d gave it right back up...32 ppg in the final 6 from the d...week 17 even 97 yard run td for us 2 plays later 75 yard td for them week 16 5 tds from the vikings vs our d

they choked on it and sucked the last stretch of the season...the money stretch...

As far as who is blaming the defense just look at the threads on this board. You don't see any on fire Lazor and his inconsistent offense

Lazor has been bashed plenty for a number of things, including failure to run the ball enough, poor situational play-calling on 3rd downs and in the red zone, and for stuff like too many wide receiver screens that don't work.

You're just not a credible poster. You close your eyes to things you don't want to read as you sit here making excuse after excuse for a defense that simply sucked in the back half of the season. You find one magic bullet stat that you are clinging to like a life raft, nevermind that we scored more points than 4 playoff teams and were ranked 11th in points per drive.

The only two teams that scored more points per drive than Miami that failed to make the playoff were the Saints and Falcons, both of which have truly awful defenses. This is despite the fact that our offense had one of the toughest slates of defenses to go up against of any team in the league this year.

DVOA rank: Offense 7th, Defense 17th, Special Teams 32nd
SRS rank: Offense: 8th (2.9), Defense: 18th (-0.4)

But oh, that's right. Our offensive efficiency relative to the league average and strength of schedule is somehow because of our GREAT defense. I forgot. :lol:

Lazor has been bashed plenty for a number of things, including failure to run the ball enough, poor situational play-calling on 3rd downs and in the red zone, and for stuff like too many wide receiver screens that don't work.

You're just not a credible poster. You close your eyes to things you don't want to read as you sit here making excuse after excuse for a defense that simply sucked in the back half of the season. You find one magic bullet stat that you are clinging to like a life raft, nevermind that we scored more points than 4 playoff teams and were ranked 11th in points per drive.

The only two teams that scored more points per drive than Miami that failed to make the playoff were the Saints and Falcons, both of which have truly awful defenses. This is despite the fact that our offense had one of the toughest slates of defenses to go up against of any team in the league this year.

But oh, that's right. Our offensive efficiency relative to the league average and strength of schedule is somehow because of our GREAT defense. I forgot. :lol:

Real talk

looks like we're going to be stuck with coyle... it doesn't seem like philbin is going to fire him smh.

you are ****ing high...every time the offense did score the damn d gave it right back up...32 ppg in the final 6 from the d...week 17 even 97 yard run td for us 2 plays later 75 yard td for them week 16 5 tds from the vikings vs our d

they choked on it and sucked the last stretch of the season...the money stretch...

Tannehill and Landry gave them 2 of those TD's with terrible turnovers deep in our own territory. I may be high but you are blind when it comes to your boy putting our d in a bad spot

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

looks like we're going to be stuck with coyle... it doesn't seem like philbin is going to fire him smh.

Agreed.

More diversion. Address the 7 pitiful games on offense. You won't.

Find one post where I stated our defense was great. You can't

You think your **** is credible?

You think your **** is credible?

I think the fact that you are getting angry and refusing to address anything of substance, when presented with facts, calls someone's credibility into question. And it's not mine.

You can accuse other posters of diversion, but when you are the one who refuses to address the topics being discussed, it rings very hollow.

What am I failing to address. The defense sucked down the stretch due to injuries. See I can admit it and address it. But you can't talk about the 7 pitiful games on offense. Real adult like of you.

Interesting. Now, instead of blaming the offense for the defense's woes, you've shifted to blaming injuries?

Progress, I guess.

Question regarding the offense: I heard during the Jets telecast that the Dolphins led the league in red-zone possessions. Is this a positive stat reflecting Lazor's ability to move the ball consistently between the 20's?; or is it a negative stat reflecting the offense's inability to score from outside the red-zone, in particular highlighting Tannehill's need to improve his deep ball accuracy and/or Lazor's reluctance to throw deep, in part due to the absence of a red-zone WR or TE target on the current roster?

Question regarding the offense: I heard during the Jets telecast that the Dolphins led the league in red-zone possessions. Is this a positive stat reflecting Lazor's ability to move the ball consistently between the 20's?; or is it a negative stat reflecting the offense's inability to score from outside the red-zone, in particular highlighting Tannehill's need to improve his deep ball accuracy and/or Lazor's reluctance to throw deep, in part due to the absence of a red-zone WR or TE target on the current roster?

Yes, we had 67 red zone possesion to lead the league. We have been better at moving the ball this year. Much less 3 and outs. But we also led the league in possessions started inside the oppenents territory with 29. So the defense and special teams setup alot of those extra opportuities.

Back
Top Bottom