Fire Wannstedt! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Wannstedt!

AndyM

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yes we won, and I'm relieved. But let's face it, Wannstedt is pathetic! With 53 seconds and three time outs left, he runs the ball out! Disgusting! Yes it worked out, thanks to a coin toss, and Zach's fumble recovery. But that was a classic illustration of scairdy-cat football by Wannstedt. He continues to be incapable of adjusting, foreseeing, and managing. If Sammy Knight doesn't intercept that ball or Zach doesn't get that fumble recovery, we are all lynching Wannstedt and his incompetence. I thought I'd do it anyway...the win today should not mask the fact that he is a clown. He needs to go or we will never reach the next level.

I disagree, I think it was a good move. I mean Griese had a horrible day, we were hardly moving the ball. I was afraid griese would drop back and get stripped from behind. We had bad field position. I was with Wanny on running that out and playing field position in over time. One mistake and we were done there.

It was the right call moron, why risk it when our D was playing great. There only points were off great ST plays. IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL.

Originally posted by AndyM
Yes we won, and I'm relieved. But let's face it, Wannstedt is pathetic! With 53 seconds and three time outs left, he runs the ball out! Disgusting! Yes it worked out, thanks to a coin toss, and Zach's fumble recovery. But that was a classic illustration of scairdy-cat football by Wannstedt. He continues to be incapable of adjusting, foreseeing, and managing. If Sammy Knight doesn't intercept that ball or Zach doesn't get that fumble recovery, we are all lynching Wannstedt and his incompetence. I thought I'd do it anyway...the win today should not mask the fact that he is a clown. He needs to go or we will never reach the next level.

Yeah, lets just hand the ball to the Ravens and give them a chance to win!! One day when we have a threat on Offense(Great QB, Great WRS, etc...) then I will agree with you on a call like this, but I felt better when they decided to take it to Overtime instead of *RISKING* it.

Do you honestly think Griese would have done anything?

Honestly, we would have been more likely to make a mistake with that much time left.

Did you see at the end of the game when we ran Ricky three straight times? At least in NE it was more like a 35 yarder, not a 45+.

Confidence and Brian Griese is an oxymoron.

Jay for starter.

jgarMD,
Does that MD in your name stand for Moronic Dumba@@?
First of all, no need to get personal...you have an opinion, share. The fact that you are name-calling suggests to me that you are frustrated...probably because you had a stressful day compliments of your idiot coach Bozo Wannstedt.
You should share your opinion with a little more grace, if you have any.

Andy M...Wannstedt made the right choice. Our Offense was not doing jack, noone was getting open, Griese was not finding the open WRs when there were some...face it...If We go for it and Griese throws an INT and we lose because of It..you would be here criticizing him for going for it. Some of us Dol-Fans need to learn to get off Wanny's back and be happy that we won a damn game.

jgar and AndyM...

Debate Wanny's competence or lack thereof all you want, but refrain from personal insults. The first name calling violates TOS, as does the response.

Your cooperation is appreciated, and I'm glad that's over now.

IMO...its absurd not to try and score when you have the ball... I understand the logic behind his decision and I understand all your agreements with his decision..

But man... not trying to score when you have the ball.. all 3 time outs left.. and its late in the 4th qtr...

Thats why you have whats called "the 2-minute drill"

It worked.. and Dave got lucky.. but how many of you would still be saying "correct call Dave" had the Ravens got the ball to start OT and drove down the field and kicked the FG... to win???

I bet everyone here would be soooooo pissed off with Daves decision then....

Just my opinion

Originally posted by Jeep
IMO...its absurd not to try and score when you have the ball... I understand the logic behind his decision and I understand all your agreements with his decision..

But man... not trying to score when you have the ball.. all 3 time outs left.. and its late in the 4th qtr...

Thats why you have whats called "the 2-minute drill"

It worked.. and Dave got lucky.. but how many of you would still be saying "correct call Dave" had the Ravens got the ball to start OT and drove down the field and kicked the FG... to win???

I bet everyone here would be soooooo pissed off with Daves decision then....

Just my opinion

Wannstedt was in a lose, lose situation..

Every Miami fan wants him out of Miami so they'll bash him for even his good calls.. :lol:

Keep reaching.. Wannstedt called an excellent game today..

When I was watching the game, I thought Wannstedt was being dumb by doing that. However, the move did work out in the end.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Wannstedt was in a lose, lose situation..

Every Miami fan wants him out of Miami so they'll bash him for even his good calls.. :lol:

Keep reaching.. Wannstedt called an excellent game today..

I was not "bashing" anyone... I just think its wrong not to try.. especially with the game in the balance..

I am of the mindset of Jeep. If you have the ball, you go for the score. You can't rely on variables like a coin toss. I wanted to see a bomb. If Griese does get picked way down the field, so what, they have less than a minute and our defense stacked them up all day. If it works then we have three timeouts and time to score before OT. Our Oline played better today so I wasn't too worried about Griese getting stripped of the ball as in the last few weeks. Hell, give the O a chance to maybe spark something.

Doesn't everyone get it? Wannstedt doesn't coach this team. He doesn't call plays on offense or defense. He is just a figurehead as the coach. Turner calls the offense and Bates calls the defense. Wannstedt is nothing more or less than a cheerleader for the players. Now between weeks he will talk to his coordinators and make "suggestions", but they ultimately call the shots not him.

Wanny is a fool. I am surprised people are actually arguing. With a minute and three time outs, you play to win, not to "not lose."

Easily one of the worst games I've seen in a while.

Still glad we got the win, but did we really deserve it?

Ricky looked better today, showed some of his '02 stuff.

What is wrong with Griese? I can't believe this guy. How was he missing those throws?

I hope our D is ready for the Redskins, who can be dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom