Fire Wannstedt! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Wannstedt!

JEEP and Bad LIEUTENANT...God bless ya!
You are both so right. When you have one minute and three time outs and you're not trying to score, where are you going? These people who responded thay Wannstedt did the right thing are being short sighted. If things don't work out perfectly the way they did, everyone across the board is bashing that decision.

I thought this board was bad enough after losses, I had almost forgotten that there are too many whiney posters on here who act like the sky is falling even though we just won.

Happy for the Fins...but it only prolongs the agony of seeing Wanny bumbling on the sidelines with his deer in the headlights look!

We win...Wanny Sucks

We lose...Wanny sucks

Damn support your coach people! It isn't his fault Mare misses kicks, or Griese throws INTs etc.

Originally posted by AndyM
Yes we won, and I'm relieved. But let's face it, Wannstedt is pathetic! With 53 seconds and three time outs left, he runs the ball out! Disgusting! Yes it worked out, thanks to a coin toss, and Zach's fumble recovery. But that was a classic illustration of scairdy-cat football by Wannstedt. He continues to be incapable of adjusting, foreseeing, and managing. If Sammy Knight doesn't intercept that ball or Zach doesn't get that fumble recovery, we are all lynching Wannstedt and his incompetence. I thought I'd do it anyway...the win today should not mask the fact that he is a clown. He needs to go or we will never reach the next level.

Andy, you know the rules. We're not aloud to voice our feelings, unless they are positive. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Prime Time

Damn support your coach people!

And lie? Hide our true feelings? WOW! :down:

ChambersOwnz84...
LOL...so true, so true. I join you in your stadium chant!

You don't need to hide your true feelings but when your team wins and you find yourself only complaining, finding the glass half empty all the time no matter what, I'm sorry but that just isnt right.

I almost think half the people on this board get no joy out of a victory at all. Its like they are not happy unless we not only win, but look like the 72 dolphins taking on a pee-wee football team doing it.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
You don't need to hide your true feelings but when your team wins and you find yourself only complaining, finding the glass half empty all the time no matter what, I'm sorry but that just isnt right.

I almost think half the people on this board get no joy out of a victory at all. Its like they are not happy unless we not only win, but look like the 72 dolphins taking on a pee-wee football team doing it.

This is my first time complaining after a win, and I'm barely complaining. Just started a nice post to see how boring some of you people are. I was probably one of the loudest people in the stadium, just like every week.

I mean heck, just look at the thread titles for every recent thread.

"Fire Wannstedt"

"The Travis Minor Experiment Fails"

"Predictability"

"Wanny Sucks Chants at the end of the 4th quarter"

"Thanks Griese" (dripping with sarcasm)

"#54 Calls Wannstedt 'Dave'"

"Its Time to Open Up the Champaigne Bottle"

"Olindo has seen his last days as a Fin"

"Moved: All you Fiedler haters, do you REALLY think Jay wouldn't have done better today?"

"There was a lot of OL rotation in this game"

Those are the top ten threads at the moment I'm writing this. 8 are completely negative blatant complaints about Dolphins coaches, players, etc. 1 is a positive thread that doesn't even have to do with today's MIAMI game, but rather the fact that Cincinnati beat the Chiefs...and the last one is neither positive nor negative, just a simple question about the game and the OL rotation.

Tell me, if you did not see or hear the score of today's game, and you looked at the top ten threads on this board, would you think we just WON this game against the top team in the AFC North? Absolutely not.

THIS is what I complain about. And you try to pretend as if I've got nothing to complain about and that there are far more people admonishing people for being too negative, than there are people being overly critical.

Originally posted by Bad Lieutenant
Wanny is a fool.

REALLY?

What he chose to do proved to lead us to a win.

What did your option do? We'll never know because you are watching for the couch (Thank God)

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I mean heck, just look at the thread titles for every recent thread.

"Fire Wannstedt"

"The Travis Minor Experiment Fails"

"Predictability"

"Wanny Sucks Chants at the end of the 4th quarter"

"Thanks Griese" (dripping with sarcasm)

"#54 Calls Wannstedt 'Dave'"

"Its Time to Open Up the Champaigne Bottle"

"Olindo has seen his last days as a Fin"

"Moved: All you Fiedler haters, do you REALLY think Jay wouldn't have done better today?"

"There was a lot of OL rotation in this game"

Those are the top ten threads at the moment I'm writing this. 8 are completely negative blatant complaints about Dolphins coaches, players, etc. 1 is a positive thread that doesn't even have to do with today's MIAMI game, but rather the fact that Cincinnati beat the Chiefs...and the last one is neither positive nor negative, just a simple question about the game and the OL rotation.

Tell me, if you did not see or hear the score of today's game, and you looked at the top ten threads on this board, would you think we just WON this game against the top team in the AFC North? Absolutely not.

THIS is what I complain about. And you try to pretend as if I've got nothing to complain about and that there are far more people admonishing people for being too negative, than there are people being overly critical.
Amen. I agree 100%.

BTW - You and I also have posted on things the Fins do that we don't like, etc...but the difference between our threads and many of those you listed on this board is that our posts don't include personal attacks on our players, coaches, or organization.

Guys on this very thread call Wanny names such as "fool" etc as if they have superior knowledge of the game. It's simply laughable. I guess the NE coach was an idiot recently when he took a safety and counted on his defense to win (even though the Patriots won). Anyone that doesn't do the most aggressive move is an idiot right?

He continues to be incapable of adjusting, foreseeing, and managing.

Could you please break down for us all how it is that you conclude Wanny is "incapable of adjusting, foreseeing, and managing"..... As a coach of 20 years I see just the opposite and would be more than happy to list some of the things I observed. However, I think it would be a much more fun read for you to list why you say he doesnt.

...the win today should not mask the fact that he is a clown.

So our Head Coach is a clown? How is it that you come to that conclusion? Did he grab his face or put his hands through his hair wrong? Please, list exactly why it is that Wanny is a clown. Does he post on Message board and FINGER POINT at others and blame them for our problems? Why is it that you are comfortable calling someone that is our coach an incapable clown?

BTW - I saw the Pre Game interview with Wanny and thought it was great, and demonstrated that this team is not falling apart as some would like to believe.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

Amen. I agree 100%.

BTW - You and I also have posted on things the Fins do that we don't like, etc...but the difference between our threads and many of those you listed on this board is that our posts don't include personal attacks on our players, coaches, or organization.

Guys on this very thread call Wanny names such as "fool" etc as if they have superior knowledge of the game. It's simply laughable. I guess the NE coach was an idiot recently when he took a safety and counted on his defense to win (even though the Patriots won). Anyone that doesn't do the most aggressive move is an idiot right?

I see what you are saying DolfanMike and have always respected your posts but I don't like the decision at all either.

While it played out Ok, to me it showed a conservativeness that breeds a weak team. The difference between Bellichecks safety move last week and Wanny's move this week you already pointed out.

Bellichecks move was a bold move. Wanny's .... IMO was a weak move born out of fear. Just my view on it.

On another note.... a little observation....

If in fact Wanny's "strategy" was to not put the game in the hands of his offense, depend on the defense and play field position like many have mentioned....... would'nt he then have kicked off to start OT and not taken the ball???
He wasted a chance to win the game because he didn't trust the offense yet when OT arrives he chose to put the ball in their hands again?

Just another reason why I say.... IMO..... this move was weak.

Back
Top Bottom