Fire Wannstedt! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Wannstedt!

DOLFANMIKE,
I'd be happy to oblige. And thanks for asking.
How does Wanny not adjust you ask? Did you watch the Indy game? Freeny was burning Wade Smith the ENTIRE game? Then, with two minutes to go, we get the ball on the 15 yd line, and Griese goes back to pass. The game is on the line...do you think Wanny decides that maybe he better keep a RB in to pick this guy up? Nope! Result, Wade Smith is burned again, Griese is blindsided, fumble, game over.
Just to run salt in the wounds, Wanny doesn't have the foresight to see that the same thing could be a problem the following week against Jevon Kearse and the Titans. No extra help for Smith (albiet, who sucks as a blocker), and "whah Lah"...Kearse is blindsiding Griese and causing fumbles, dictating the game by the first three drives.
These are just samples of why the "Clown" we call coach should be canned.
I won't go on..as it'd be too long...you get the point.

Originally posted by AndyM
DOLFANMIKE,
How does Wanny not adjust you ask? Did you watch the Indy game? Freeny was burning Wade Smith the ENTIRE game? Then, with two minutes to go, we get the ball on the 15 yd line, and Griese goes back to pass. The game is on the line...do you think Wanny decides that maybe he better keep a RB in to pick this guy up? Nope! Result, Wade Smith is burned again, Griese is blindsided, fumble, game over.
Just to run salt in the wounds, Wanny doesn't have the foresight to see that the same thing could be a problem the following week against Jevon Kearse and the Titans. No extra help for Smith (albiet, who sucks as a blocker), and "whah Lah"...Kearse is blindsiding Griese and causing fumbles, dictating the game by the first three drives.
These are just samples of why the "Clown" we call coach should be canned.
I won't go on..as it'd be too long...you get the point.

Actually Andy, you are ignorant of the situation. This was pretty much well documented that the Dolphins did in fact make adjusments in the Indy game. Several in fact. Same for the Titans game. Read some more on the subject and educate yourself. Seriously. You will find that you were incorrect.

BTW- If you'd like to have some "Salt in the wounds" and go a little deeper into breaking all your nonsense down I'd be more than willing to educate you. You let me know.

Question: If the Titans or the Colts are sending 8 Defenders on a given pass play, should Wade Smith still be getting double team help?

BTW -
Wanny isnt the cown here. FINGER POINTERS are the clowns.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOLFANMIKE,
LOL...uh, yeah, good comeback. Very specific. Gee, guess you told me.
It so happens I've read more on the subject then I care too. There were no adjustments whatsoever...and the lack of any specified in your response suggest to me that you are some washed up old highschool coach wanna-be who is showing exactly why he's not successful.
And for the record, the only reason I've responded 'this way' is due to your comments about me being "ignorant". Again...great comeback. With comebacks like that, it's not wonder you see Wannstedt as a good coach.
Good one Mike...you are very impressive. I rank you right up there with...well, Dave Wannstedt!

DOLFANMIKE,
It so happens I've read more on the subject then I care too. There were no adjustments whatsoever...and the lack of any specified in your response suggest to me that you are some washed up old highschool coach wanna-be who is showing exactly why he's not successful.
And for the record, the only reason I've responded 'this way' is due to your comments about me being "ignorant". Again...great comeback. With comebacks like that, it's not wonder you see Wannstedt as a good coach.
Good one Mike...you are very impressive. I rank you right up there with...well, Dave Wannstedt!

Feel free to live in your world of ignorance. Don't say I didn't try to help. There were several threads related to the very subjects you brought up that could have benfited you. I'm not an expert on everything. That's for sure. Not even in football know-how. But 20 years of coaching and Professional clinics has been an education in football. I guess your know more though than me, or even Wanny, or the other members of our staff because you say so.

Lucky for you ignorance isn't painful.

DOLFANMIKE,

Actually, it wasn't intended as much as a "comeback" as it was a word of caution related to your ignorance of the situation. As for my lack of a specific response, I asked you if that is what you wanted. I also asked you to be specific about the "lack of adjustments" you spoke of in your post. As I said, there are several thtreads related to the topic that will educate you on the Colts and Indy game problems.
Don't assume that I'm a washed up wannabe....or unsuccessful. I'd be more than happy to share where, when, how and why I'm a coach. I've been very open about where i've been, who's trained me, and what I've done.

BTW - How many players have you coached that play for the Dolphins? How about in the NFL? Arean league? Canida? If your resume doesn't have any as mine does, you may want to be careful about AGAIN speaking up in ignorance. Your attack of Wanny is based on assumption and ignorance. Wanny has won a Title in every level of bigtime Football (Super Bowls, National Titles, etc) and spent his life learning the game.

Lastly. Nowhere have I said Wanny is a good or Great coach. Nor have I said I wouldn't like a new HC. What I did say was that you were out of line with personal attacks on him and wrong on your thread about the lack of adjustments. Adjustments were made, and any football educated person could see them clearly.

I'm a fan of this team. I like the entire organization. I also have too much respect for the profession to listen to someone with an uneducated opinion wrongly rip a member of the coaching staff and launch personal insults at him.

If you really think there were no adjustments made you might want to find some threads from previous weeks on this board that will show you that was not the case.

DOLFANMIKE,

Actually Andy, on the play you were refering too (the BG fumble Colts game) Ricky did stay in to help Wade Smith but actually RW knocked Smith off of Freeny and broke him loose and that lead to the Fumble. If you don't believe me watch the break down of film on the NFL net. or on NFL Matchup, they showed it several times.

Originally posted by Hellion

Actually Andy, on the play you were refering too (the BG fumble Colts game) Ricky did stay in to help Wade Smith but actually RW knocked Smith off of Freeny and broke him loose and that lead to the Fumble. If you don't believe me watch the break down of film on the NFL net. or on NFL Matchup, they showed it several times.

Yup...saw that show and Muck mentioned they discussed it in the aftergame conference. What some people don't understand is that sometimes a double team is called and they blow it (like of that play when Ricky ran into Wade Smith vs the Colts) or othertimes a double is called, but a blitz or line slant calls it off.

It is VERY easy for a Defense to force single blocking if they are willing to bring up 8 people and/or Bltiz. Both of those teams knew exactly what they wanted and how to get it. We do it all the time for Jason Taylor too....although you couldn't tell lately!

Back
Top Bottom