First Day of TC - July 24 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Day of TC - July 24

It's important to have hobbies, that's for sure. This time of year, in the northeast, its prime fishing season. I know in Florida its less than ideal in the middle of the summer.

Trout fishing occupies a lot of my brain waves in April as the draft is approaching and this time of year I am focused on catching those sea monsters. It helps me get through the long wait for football. I can't bring myself to actually care about any other sports anymore. As a kid I watched everything, as an adult I purposely avoid them all.

People need things to look forward too. Thats why planning and taking vacations are so critical.

Since you are a serious fisherman, possibly you can tell me what the saying "Too drunk to fish" really means. I mean how drunk do you have to be to not be able to fish.

I'm assuming it occurs sometime before you pass out. - LOL

I remember as a teenager in the 90s my friends and I were into every sport. We wouldn't dare miss sportscenter everyday. However at that time in my life I was lucky to watch 4-5 Dolphins games a year being that I am from PA and the NFL ticket wasn't available yet.

At this point in my life I could miss a playoff game of my favorite basketball, baseball or hockey team and wouldn't even care. I just don't have that bond with those sports anymore.

I'm getting back into baseball a bit more now but that's only because u have two boys who play little league. I'll check out highlights on YouTube but won't dare watch a whole game. Wish I could. I wish I loved baseball, I'd NEVER have a chance to be bored. But I just can't.

Football is my disease and I don't want to find a cure.

OMG, it's true, I'm a "sick puppy". - LOL

Since you are a serious fisherman, possibly you can tell me what the saying "Too drunk to fish" really means. I mean how drunk do you have to be to not be able to fish.

I'm assuming it occurs sometime before you pass out. - LOL

I can't really help you with that one, I rarely drink while fishing, especially if its in the summer on a boat out in the ocean. Mary Jane is a much better vice for these types of excursions.

Only time I could see myself drinking and fishing is if I was on a freshwater trip up north, for say Salmon and the weather was cooler.

Most days that I am fishing this time of year its sunny and 85-90 degrees at the jersey shore, its not the time to be liquored up. I like to be responsibly irresponsible. I always need a plan, even when I am going to get shitfaced.

I remember as a teenager in the 90s my friends and I were into every sport. We wouldn't dare miss sportscenter everyday. However at that time in my life I was lucky to watch 4-5 Dolphins games a year being that I am from PA and the NFL ticket wasn't available yet.

At this point in my life I could miss a playoff game of my favorite basketball, baseball or hockey team and wouldn't even care. I just don't have that bond with those sports anymore.

I'm getting back into baseball a bit more now but that's only because u have two boys who play little league. I'll check out highlights on YouTube but won't dare watch a whole game. Wish I could. I wish I loved baseball, I'd NEVER have a chance to be bored. But I just can't.

Back in the day, SportsCenter was the thing esp w/ Olbermann & Patrick hosting the 11p (EST) version.

Baseball recaps are IMO better on Quick Pitch (MLB Network's highlight show)

It will be intersting now that Utah has a hockey team. I doubt I'll venture into downtown SLC to see more than a game a year.

Definitely anxious for TC to start, but I always try and just enjoy the Summer. It goes too fast.

I can't really help you with that one, I rarely drink while fishing, especially if its in the summer on a boat out in the ocean. Mary Jane is a much better vice for these types of excursions.

Only time I could see myself drinking and fishing is if I was on a freshwater trip up north, for say Salmon and the weather was cooler.

Most days that I am fishing this time of year its sunny and 85-90 degrees at the jersey shore, its not the time to be liquored up. I like to be responsibly irresponsible. I always need a plan, even when I am going to get shitfaced.
When I got to the right age, catching fish was kinda optional. Usually, the drinks, Jimmy B on the radio and laughs were the priority. Fish store was on the way home if needed.

When I got to the right age, catching fish was kinda optional. Usually, the drinks, Jimmy B on the radio and laughs were the priority. Fish store was on the way home if needed.

When I was a kid we rarely ever went fishing and didn't come home with a full cooler that made the days expenses worthwhile. Nowadays you're lucky to come home with more than one keeper.

The chinese trolling vessels have ruined bottom fishing on the northern Atlantic coast. We're edging closer to needing an all out ban on commercial fishing and I'd be in favor of it.

Kenny Mayne was my favorite. Somewhere, I have a hastily-framed advertisement of a little kid on a bike with a T-shirt that reads “I am king of the diamond. Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.”

Kenny Mayne was my favorite. Somewhere, I have a hastily-framed advertisement of a little kid on a bike with a T-shirt that reads “I am king of the diamond. Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.”

Found it. I was a little off on the quote. A buddy of mine framed it for me back in the day.

Attachments

• IMG_5950.jpeg
    IMG_5950.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom