First Day of TC - July 24 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Day of TC - July 24

Kenny Mayne was my favorite. Somewhere, I have a hastily-framed advertisement of a little kid on a bike with a T-shirt that reads “I am king of the diamond. Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.”

Ya he was epically great, back inn a world when having some kind personality still mattered.

Last edited:
When I was a kid we rarely ever went fishing and didn't come home with a full cooler that made the days expenses worthwhile. Nowadays you're lucky to come home with more than one keeper.

The chinese trolling vessels have ruined bottom fishing on the northern Atlantic coast. We're edging closer to needing an all out ban on commercial fishing and I'd be in favor of it.
Ive read that that is the reason for the cancellation of recent crab seasons in the Bering Sea. The sinos just drop their nets and scoop up everything.

Since you are a serious fisherman, possibly you can tell me what the saying "Too drunk to fish" really means. I mean how drunk do you have to be to not be able to fish.

I'm assuming it occurs sometime before you pass out. - LOL
Means your buds have to real up, turn the boat around, find you and pull your azz out of the drink.

Ya he was epically great, back inn a world when having some kind personality still mattered.

Mayne, Olbermann, & Patrick all brought a legit sense of humor to SportsCenter.

Monty Python references and Metallica quotes mixed in w/ highlights were always a great way to wrap up the day.

Ive read that that is the reason for the cancellation of recent crab seasons in the Bering Sea. The sinos just drop their nets and scoop up everything.
Took three years for king crab to be located. They moved to deeper and colder water. King crab season was back in full force last year. Price is even more outrageous than it’s ever been. A lot of demand after three years.

Just wondering if there are any season ticket holders that won't be going to the member only training camp on August 2nd, and if possible, would be willing to give them to our family of 4, who will be making the trek from Canada. We would really appreciate it.

Took three years for king crab to be located. They moved to deeper and colder water. King crab season was back in full force last year. Price is even more outrageous than it’s ever been. A lot of demand after three years.
150 $ a lb in anchorage yesterday at a normal restaurant

Silly

150 $ a lb in anchorage yesterday at a normal restaurant

Silly
At least they're available now. The price will come down in about two years when the demand slows up. Still it’s the most expensive piece of seafood you can for good reason. I commercial fished in Bristol Bay for sockeye red salmon and I still talk to guys that salmon and king crab fish. They are cleaning up now $ wise. They just couldn’t find them for a couple years.

Last edited:
At least they're available now. The price will come down in about two years when the demand slows up. Still it’s the most expensive piece of seafood you can for good reason. I commercial fished in Bristol Bay for sockeye red salmon and I still talk to guys that salmon and king crab fish. They are cleaning up now $ wise. They just couldn’t find them for a couple years.
Not sure who’s paying that except for fine dining and even then, some are on a pre fixed menu price

Back
Top Bottom