First Dolphins Jersey | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Dolphins Jersey

Zach Thomas- Aqua
O.J. McDuffie- Aqua
Ricky Williams- White
Maybe getting a Ronnie Brown jersey.

My very first Dolphins jersey was a white 3/4 sleeve Bob Griese I got for my birthday in about 1972. Of course, in the seventies, you didn't get jerseys with the players' name on them... you got your own name on the back in iron-on letters.

The first Dolphins jersey I bought myself was an aqua Mark Clayton in about 1987. I still have it... it's a throwback Welker, now.

Ricky Williams and it has a great story along with it.

I'm on a band field trip to see the fsu band play. We stopped at the mall for some food and shopping before the concert, and a bud and I go to Champs to get jerseys. He wanted an fsu jersey, and I wanted a dolphins jersey. First off my friend asks the guy how much it is, and it turns out he was 20 bucks short. He sadly says "aww I can't afford it." The guy in the store says "don't worry I'll give u my employee discount." He pays for his jersey and then I'm trying to get mine. We were running out of time before we were supposed to be back and my friend and I are groaing "oh man we're going to be late. We're in deep ****." It was worse because the security that the jersey was attached to was tangled up. So the guy is trying to untangle this mess, and we're running late. He rings up the jersey and gives me the discount too. I couldn't believe it but gladly took and and we booked it out the store. We heard a security guard yell halt, and we assumed he thought we were shoplifiting but we kept running. My friend jumps half a flit of stairs between people going up and people going down. I just ran down them and we're almost out of the mall when my friend trys to run through the door. However the door is locked and he flys backwards, and since I was slower I go through the unlocked door.

It was a great memory, and I only payed 40 dollars for a 70 dollar jersey.

Got two jerseys on the day I got my first, they were an aqua Marino and an white Irving F. jersey.

Back
Top Bottom