First game live ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First game live !

FinsGoToGuy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to see my first Dolphins game this year. Unfortunately it won't be in Miami (too far), but in Boston.

It's december 7 and it should be a great game against the Pats !

I just can't wait !
:band:

Any memories about your first game you want to share ?

Good for you...

there is nothing like it...but do get down to Joe Robbie one of these days...I have done road games...its just not the same...

I agree... I live in NJ and have family in Rochester, so I've been to 2 games in buff, 1 in philly and 1 against the jets...

Then 2 years ago I finaly went to Miami to see a game... not even close.. it is uncomparably better in miami...

But still you will enjoy it there.

I'm going to see my first real (read: not preseason) dolphin game live this year as well. Unfortunately, it won't be a home game (again, too far), but on the plus side it's going to be the San Diego MNF game ... which I think will be just fine. Only question is do I get a JT jersey, or a Junior Seau jersey to taunt the locals?

My first game was the 85 monday nighter vs the bears.. biggest memory was that defelected catch mark clayton made and after that I waited for about 1 hr and got to meet "sweetness" I was only 11 and still feel like it was yesterday. Sporting events do provide great memories like game 7 of the marlins world series win, I was there and it was awesome... if the fins go to the superbowl this yr i think i am selling my home to get tix !! doubt anything would beat that!!

Damn Aqua...

that is a sweet first game...one of their most memorable games...
can you imagine if someone's first game was the Chargers-Miami classic...could you ever friggin go back and be satisfied?

Travern...I would wear the Dolphin's Seau!

I would wear the Seau Jersey also...

Hoff I am in northwest jersey... about 40 mins east of the allentown/easton area.

Re: Damn Aqua...

Originally posted by RHoffman
that is a sweet first game...one of their most memorable games...
can you imagine if someone's first game was the Chargers-Miami classic...could you ever friggin go back and be satisfied?

Travern...I would wear the Dolphin's Seau!

Man, I couldn't imagine. I lived in Miami until 75 and never got to a game. How about the double overtime against the Chiefs? I watched it on tv but what made it so memorable was the excitement in the house. The whole family was screaming with almost every play from the 4th quarter on. Even my mom and sister were yelling. I couldn't afford to go the Orange Bowl so when the games were blacked out me and a couple of friends used to drive up to Palm Beach, rent a hotel room (about $12), watch the game and drive back.

Yeah I will go to Miami one day for sure, but for now it's better than nothing.

I'm going with my friend who's a Patriots fan and his brother who's a Fins fan. That prove that their family didn't all turn bad.
:D

The Miami-SD MNF game will sure be a first game to remember for you Traven.

Re: Great story...Fairbanks!

Originally posted by RHoffman
driving to a hotel...dedication...sweet.

It was all good. Except when we spent the money and took the drive in Nov. of 72 to watch the Fish beat the Pats 52 - 0. Great that we won but I wouldn't consider it a football game. The Fish were the only ones that showed up.

Yeah...52-0...would do that...

I remember going to PSU game where we put up 60 something on Ohio State...the Nittany Lion mascot does pushups for every point...when the Lion's score...

I thought he was going to die that day.

My first game is not of fond memories. I was scared to go to any more after the one that i went to. It was in cleveland. I am not sure of the year and all of that but i am sure that some of you will remember. Dan did not finish that game or the season. WHAT A FIRST GAME!!!!! I will be going to another one soon though. Dan is not there for me to jinx!!

My first was V Houston Oilers

excuse me while I :bandwagon

at Joe Robbie in the early 90's. I forget the score, but I do remember leaving a little early to dodge the worst of the traffic and hearing the game winning field goal from the crowd noise.

Unfortunately I haven't been at any classics like the Bears MNF game. But the trip is always worth it!
:happydrin

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom